Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) I'm fine.
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.

Photo

Poll: Ayane's mission

Fatal Frame V Ayane

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: Ayane's mission (33 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about the crossover?

1. I think it was a good idea (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

2. I'm indifferent to it (5 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

3. Voted It could have been used for something else (26 votes [78.79%])

Percentage of vote: 78.79%

What would you rather instead?

1. Mission Mode (22 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Haunted House Mode (1 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

3. Voted A mission as someone else (10 votes [30.30%])

Percentage of vote: 30.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

Out of curiosity, what is everyone's thoughts on this particular bit of fanservice?  Any DOA fans pleased or indifferent?  Considering it's the only real extra content this game has, would you have preferred something else in its place?  

#2 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

I have absolutely no interest in DoA so it really meant nothing to me, and seemed weird to have fanservice for another series be the only actual bonus content? But mainly it's just... not good. I think it would've worked better if they just found some convenient excuse for Ayane to have a camera and played like the normal game, because the attempt at stealth falls so flat. It also feels a bit weird that you have no choice but to play it for 100% completion in the main game as well, but what can you do.

It's not like I'm a huge fan of mission mode or anything, but honestly, after HHM and now Ayane, I'm missing it even more than ever. At least it was something to do. I just don't see why the bonus content couldn't be, you know... related to the series it's actually in? I know DoA is a Tecmo thing, but... why? Why? I don't want crossovers in a game with so little content already. (Especially when they're no fun whatsoever.)

AAHOrHo.gif

#3 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:43 AM

I agree. They could've at least used a relevant character for the extra side mission. I would much prefer mission mode, survival mode, or even HHM to the Ayane missions. They just feel weird and out of place. With so much Dr. Asou content they could've added in an extra side story where you play as him or something! They could've even added a Miku part or more info on Miu or anything really!

#4 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:10 AM

It was short, useless and not much of a fun or challenge. I'd rather have mission mode back :(

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#5 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:26 PM

Can't really comment on gameplay, since I haven't played it myself yet, but from what I've seen it does look ridiculously easy, and so short I'm not sure why they felt the need to subdivide it into four tiny missions when it could have been one normal-sized mission. However, what struck me was that there was really no effort whatsoever to come up with a backstory for Ayane that would give her a reason to be there. Insofar as that allows me to ignore the whole crossover idea, I'm glad, because I have no interest in trying to make a purple-haired kunoichi fit into my mental understanding of the Fatal Frame universe, but it did make the whole thing seem even more shallow.

It's a shame there wasn't really any attempt to use the environment in new ways, a ninja isn't going to approach exploration the same way as an ordinary person, and we could have explored some rooftops or climbed through windows, or walked up the cable car tracks... I don't know, just something. They could have done more with Tsumugi as well. At the end it just felt as if everything we needed to know was summed up in the Famitsu article about it. On the whole, I agree with Homuranagi, it was a bonus for people who already like Ayane, not for people who enjoyed the game. To no one's surprise, I would have preferred something expanding on the Fatal Frame characters - if they're wedded to the stealth mechanic, perhaps Hisoka's early attempts at mounting a rescue mission before she had the Camera Obscura, or a side story for Rui or something.

#6 Guest_Haise_*

Guest_Haise_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

It was useless, unneeded and illogical. Why is someone from a fighting game even in a horror game about running away/taking pictures of ghosts?

We barely know anything about characters like Miu (before she went to Hikamiyama) and Hisoka, why couldn't Tecmo made a side mission with them?

Or with Rei, because she was seriously lacking from FF5. 

#7 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

Ayane's presence is really random and just kind of dumb. I don't think there's much else to say about that.

I don't see anything wrong with a stealth game mode and I'd definitely prefare it to the standard Mission Mode, but they seem to get stealth wrong every single time they attempt it- mainly because they don't bother changing the ghost's standard fight scripting, so once they see you they're as easy to escape from as in the normal game. They could even have just gone down a more Amnesia-Penumbra route, and just have you traversing through the environment with ghosts occasionally popping up and you having to hide/run from them, or... idk, maybe they couldve have gave her a faulty camera, but its actually a siren rip off and you can lock onto the ghosts from a distance and see what they see to plan a route past them.

Really though, anything with actual effort put into something besides fanservice would've been better.

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#8 OFFLINE   AmeNeko

AmeNeko

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:28 PM

When I saw that they put a Mission with Ayane in a Fatal Frame game I was just totally confused. But it seems the Engine they used was the same as in the DoA Games so I guess that's supposed to be a funny easter egg thingie?

Anyway in my eyes it's unnecessary and doesn't fit in any way. Whoever decided it should sit in a silent corner without dinner...

Like the persons before me said a extra mission with Hisoka or any of the old FF characters would have been so much more fun. Maybe a bit more info about Mikus time going to the mountain?

#9 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

Having finally seen it, I'm left wondering what the point was as well.  There's no depth to the flashlight aside from stunning, which doesn't seem to do more or less damage whatever you do, so your options are limited to blasting away and running through with a fixed result, making stealth kind of pointless?  Ayane herself doesn't provide anything the other characters couldn't, except maybe arse crack, but even bikini Miu has her beat there, so her inclusion likely won't change anyone's mind if they're not already an Ayane fan.

That said, I did like Tsumugi's story and think it could have worked well as a mission for Hisoka after the main story, saving someone without projecting any loss or perceived failure onto them.  But who needs character development when you've got ninja arse crack, am I right?

#10 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 267 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

I really do love DoA series (and Ayane is my favorite character), but I don't think there was that much of a depth in it.

I didn't see the point why they added a "random character" and imo it didn't really fit in. I know her backstory and why she would feel a little sorry for Tsumugi, but she's a ninja and I think she has better things to do than run after some random girl xD Also I think Tsumugi would have fitted better in the actual game. I liked her character.

It feels out of place. I want Mission Mode back ;; I love to have a great challenge with hard-to-get rewards (like they had in Fatal Frame 2)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Ayane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users