suprimeking : (29 July 2014 - 05:57 PM) oi leave the walking dead alone
ナガクラ : (29 July 2014 - 05:59 PM) Walking Dead is bad in my opinion
suprimeking : (29 July 2014 - 06:09 PM) i think most people watch it for darel
Homuranagi : (29 July 2014 - 06:13 PM) they're shane fans duh
suprimeking : (29 July 2014 - 06:22 PM) shane died a good few seasons ago
Homuranagi : (29 July 2014 - 06:22 PM) so
suprimeking : (29 July 2014 - 06:22 PM) and he was a jerk anyway
Homuranagi : (29 July 2014 - 06:25 PM) no he was super hawt ^_^
suprimeking : (29 July 2014 - 06:31 PM) he shot someone and left them for the walkers to save himself then tries to kill rick out of jealousy i'm glad he's dead
Homuranagi : (29 July 2014 - 06:35 PM) jealous
suprimeking : (29 July 2014 - 06:35 PM) i somehow feel we would end up in the same situation
Homuranagi : (29 July 2014 - 06:36 PM) mhm
suprimeking : (29 July 2014 - 06:40 PM) i'm not the shane in our situation just so you know
Homuranagi : (29 July 2014 - 06:41 PM) you're the andrea
midwinter : (29 July 2014 - 08:16 PM) so here's a weird thought
midwinter : (29 July 2014 - 08:17 PM) when takamine and co were bumbling around Himuro Mansion, was it daylight?
midwinter : (29 July 2014 - 08:17 PM) cause they never mention eternal darkness in the records they wrote/recorded in the mornings
midwinter : (29 July 2014 - 08:18 PM) why is Miku the only one who starts sleeping the day away when she gets there
suprimeking : (29 July 2014 - 08:47 PM) it could be some effect of that time thing
suprimeking : (29 July 2014 - 08:48 PM) or maybe miku took her sweet time getting there

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Fatal Frame IV canon ending.

Fatal Frame IV Endings Makoto Shibata Project zero IV

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GreekShadow

GreekShadow

Jelly Bisquit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGreece/Athens

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

While i was talking in the Bongo Bongo Land with other members about FFIV endings i got the idea to ask shibata which is the canon ending for Fatal Frame IV Mask of the Lunar Eclipse.So i asked him excactly this (on twitter):

Which is the cannon ending in FFIV(Zero Tsukihami no Kamen)?Does Misaki survive or not? Thanks in Advance!

And he replied with this:

It cannot be said officially that which is right. As me, the ending to which Misaki survives is desirable.

After that i thanked him a lot and i told him that i love FFIV to death.Anyway to sum up Mr. Shibata wants the ending in which Misaki survives to be the canon but he can't say that officially probably because Nintendo owns the game too now.

Are you happy with this ending being the canon of Fatal Frame IV?

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Rei's Daughter

• Haori Inspector
  • 379 posts
  • Locationsomewhere reading the zero novel

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

I actually prefer the original ending.  There's something really haunting about Ruka's memories being restored only to have no one to share them with.  Misaki dying in Sakuya's arms just feels right to me.

But it's nice to hear Shibata talk about FF4.  Just wish he'd do it more often.  >: x

FatalFrame5sigedit3_zps34397d98.png

Is this the way to Hikamiyama~

#3 OFFLINE   fukuro

fukuro

Crimson Butterfly

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

I was always under the belief that the 2nd ending was just a continuation of the original ending showing Misaki's fate, but whatever happened to her either way wasn't much of a surprise for me (Madoka on the other hand :c). It's nice hearing some infomation on FF4 though since I was a major fan of it back then.

tumblr_inline_mgjuh71SHk1rtflm6.gif

~Open for Commissions~

#4 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

I always 'prefer' the photographic endings (when a real ending isn't available) because it seems to give more information.

So, such in Fatal Frame, I would have been happy with Mafuyu surviving.. XD

I don't know, I like the idea of Misaki surviving, because it would be nice for one Asou to survive bad luck! XD

#5 ONLINE   Asou Misaki

Asou Misaki

Kid Playing Tag

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

This may go without saying, but I do prefer the 'Misaki survives' ending. Not just because I like the character, though! But also because all of the Asou descendants (both official and assumed) just keep getting screwed over. XD I don't know if it's just a coincidence, or the writers have a twisted sense of humor, but the lack of information on Dr. Asou just drives me batty, and killing off his kin isn't helping!

#6 ONLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Lost Twin

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

I was always under the belief that the 2nd ending was just a continuation of the original ending showing Misaki's fate, but whatever happened to her either way wasn't much of a surprise for me (Madoka on the other hand :c). It's nice hearing some infomation on FF4 though since I was a major fan of it back then.

Yeah, something about the way it was presented made me feel as if it was just adding extra information rather than being a new scenario. But as always, I'd prefer the grimmer ending to be canon, and it feels a little weird for Misaki to survive the Sakuya scene (Now maybe if there was an actual thing you had to do to make her survive, like Kei in FF3, then yeah).

#7 OFFLINE   Meadz

Meadz

Innocent Bystander

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

I have to admit I like the idea of the Photograph Ending being the canon ending but that's partially because I like the idea of her going on to pass on information on her experiences and maybe 'disappear' later on.  It makes more sense to me that it's a continuation of her ending.  I hope someday we find out the truth on the ending though.  Maybe if there's another game it'll be in the notes.

#8 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

Well ... if Mr.Shibata said so Misaki is really Alive!

That`s Great!! :)

#9 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Photographer

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Location眠りの家

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

Something about the photo ending speaks to me like it fills in that "missing link". I do not believe that Misaki "died" because people think someone is dead when they suddenly pass out while standing or walking. I've went dizzy and could barely see anything in front of me then collapse like if all life was sucked out of me many many times before, that is just my view on it and believe that Misaki lives.
The game on it's own is too obscure to the fans of the series, and we got Shibata to thank for that <_<

#10 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 520 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

But were you embraced by a ghost before you fainted, and did you then disappear so that even when your friends looked around the area where you collapsed, they couldn't see you? Personally I always thought Misaki was alive too, but it's not at all illogical to think she was spirited away, and it's kinda disingenuous to act like she just had a dizzy spell or something.

• ナガクラ likes this

DollShrine_zps929c4e05.gif

#11 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Photographer

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Location眠りの家

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

^It is possible that she woke up and followed Madoka away from the area as the photo ending showed which supports my previous post and yours. By the time Ruka got there it is possible that Misaki already left with Madoka (chapters take place at different times right?). I would have to be paid to believe that she got spirited away because it doesn't fit right.

#12 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

Big Mama

• Skilled Hypnotist
  • 246 posts
  • Locationgreat intersectual mass of nightmare

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

The photograph ending shows Madoka as a "good" spirit "passing on" to the afterlife, a process that has already started by the time Misaki wakes up. That's only possible after Ruka has completed the new Kiraigou by playing the Tsukimori Song on the lighthouse, which is after she goes to the area Misaki collapses in, and Misaki isn't there. Ruka finds the mask piece Misaki had with her in the place she fell. Misaki was there before Ruka.

As for which is canon, I don't know about that, either. I'd like to think the photo ending is, for multiple reasons (and not just for Misaki's sake but also Madoka's), and though you'd normally expect the worst from an FF game they did do a bit of a 180 on that with Kei, so... it's hard to tell at this point.

• pkstarstorm1up likes this

shibaguchi_zpsb3c75af5.png

#13 OFFLINE   Chasind_Valentine

Chasind_Valentine

Kid Playing Tag

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

I feel like Misaki surviving should & is canon. I really like her as a character (not nearly as much as Ruka!) and I feel like she's a lot of people's favorite from the game.

I know lots of fans would be crushed if she didn't survive! I like good endings anyway, there were 4 main characters, 2 surviving seems better than just 1!

#14 OFFLINE   pkstarstorm1up

pkstarstorm1up

Novelly Enlightened

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

The way I've always seen it is that Sakuya doesn't kill Misaki but rather knocks her unconscious since she is holding Miya (like Reika with Kei when holding Kaname's earring).  After that I feel that Madoka had one of those I'm a peaceful wandering spirit moments and lead Misaki away from the arena and on a wild goose chase till they got to the beach.  When they arrive at the beach Ruka and Choushiro are able to put Sakuya's spirit to rest and Madoka and Misaki say their goodbyes and Madoka departs to the afterlife with Misaki watching on as all of the spirits on the Island descend into the Ocean.

To me this makes the most sense as it not only places Misaki away from the arena when Ruka goes there but it also has Miya shown left on the ground where she remains when Ruka obtains the black mask fragment from that location thus making the Photograph Ending an extension to the main ending and much more likely to be canon as it doesn't contradict anything.

#15 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Rei's Daughter

• Haori Inspector
  • 379 posts
  • Locationsomewhere reading the zero novel

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

I can't see Sakuya calling Misaki all that way and forcing her to remember just to knock her out.  It's also highly unlikely for Madoka to have a peaceful wandering spirit moment because how often does that happen?  She's still a vengeful spirit and doesn't have enough reason (or power) to split into another form, especially with the curse still in effect, which it was.  

FatalFrame5sigedit3_zps34397d98.png

Is this the way to Hikamiyama~

#16 ONLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Lost Twin

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

I just find Misaki only being knocked out by Sakuya a little awkward considering the scene that precedes it. That smile Sakuya makes is really sinister- I can't see her just knocking out Misaki and strolling off to the lighthouse.

#17 OFFLINE   pkstarstorm1up

pkstarstorm1up

Novelly Enlightened

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:27 AM

I think it makes sense personally.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame IV, Endings, Makoto Shibata, Project zero IV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users