Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (12 October 2017 - 12:37 PM) Maybe Spirit Camera since I don't replay that very often...
GreekShadow : (12 October 2017 - 02:45 PM) I might replay FF3.Not sure if I should start a brand new playthrough or one with my unlockes though hmmm.I have years to play FF3 ;_;
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) Just think: yukatas.   :icon_ff3miku1:
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) (Why Rei doesn't have a blue one will forever be a mystery)
asagi : (12 October 2017 - 04:37 PM) I want to replay the games but mom threw the ps3 out of the window :zca rei:
Eisenalex : (12 October 2017 - 11:16 PM) Why would she do that?
Eisenalex : (14 October 2017 - 11:30 AM) I just learned that there's apparently a manga based on Siren made by Junji Ito.
Hex : (15 October 2017 - 01:11 PM) If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's unsurprisingly pretty gross.
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 02:20 PM) It's Junji Ito. Of course it gets either super weird or gross, lol.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 03:15 PM) And me being curious I had to look it up. Yup definitely gross XD
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:17 PM) Did you think it was that bad? I enjoy Ito's stuff a lot.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 05:32 PM) Meh.. It wasn't all that bad. Just more unsettling than "gross". Those weird worm girls or whatever are way worse *cringes*
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:41 PM) I'm not sure what you mean by "worm girls". He did a couple of slug-transformations, though.
NightmarePic... : (16 October 2017 - 11:02 PM) That was it.. yup lol
Hex : (17 October 2017 - 05:33 PM) My new washing machine makes jingles whenever it's finished like an ice cream van.
NightmarePic... : (17 October 2017 - 06:12 PM) I... don't think that's good Hex.. You might want to check what's in there other than clothes lol
Kouta Koikawa : (17 October 2017 - 06:28 PM) Maybe they come with entertaining sound effects these days.
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:15 PM) A lot of the new ones are supposed to chime to let you know when the cycle is done
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:16 PM) Mine does, at least
Eisenalex : (17 October 2017 - 09:59 PM) The future is now.

Photo

Favourite endings

Fatal Frame V Yuuri Kozukata Miu Hinasaki Ren Hojo Endings

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Favourite endings (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Yuuri's

1. Embrace (11 votes [45.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. Bride of Yomi (13 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

Ren's

1. Love After Death (11 votes [45.83%] - View)

2. Box of Lonliness (1 votes [4.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

3. Inside the Box (7 votes [29.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

4. A Cold Spring (5 votes [20.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

Miu's

1. Yomi Ko (13 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

2. Dream Road (11 votes [45.83%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 758 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

With the most endings of the series and each playable character getting their own, which outcomes are your favourite?  What would you like to be canon?  And of the two songs, which fits better?  

Ending titles from the Wiki.  

#2 OFFLINE   Eiko82

Eiko82

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:08 PM

It's really hard to pick a favourite ending for Ren and Yuuri. With Miu, I think the only correct ending is that Miku is dead.

I really like both of Yuuri's endings. The 'bad' ending is sad but also quite touching when Ouse tells her that she is the person she wants to die with. I've always wanted to see an ending where the heroine sacrifices herself. But I'm also a sucker for good endings.

I'm still waiting to see subbed versions of all of Ren's endings before I can make a decision. So far, I've only seen 'Love After Death' with subs thanks to GaB on Youtube.

kuontag.png

#3 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,103 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:57 PM

I would vote, but er, I don't actually know which ending is which. Maybe I'm overthinking it; a couple are obvious, but the rest seem like they could go either way. Help a brother out?

I keep going back and forth on Yuuri's endings, but I think I slightly prefer the bad one. I know that Yuuri performing mitori is the important part in both endings, but I can't quite get over the reflexive squint I get at the idea that they just hug and cry it out, and then Ouse decides to move on and take the yomi with her, and it's that easy. Ouse and Yuuri falling together hits more of my emotional buttons, I suppose. I think it would be interesting, too, if Ouse was appeased but the larger curse wasn't actually lifted, so the surviving characters would still have to find a way to deal with the mountain spiriting people away. Then again, I feel bad about it, because I really like Yuuri, and I hate to think of the effect it'll have on Hisoka and Miu if she dies in the end. THE BOULDER IS CONFLICTED.

I think my favourite Ren ending is actually the good Shiragiku one. I love both of the Ouse endings for the characterisation, and for grown-up Asou, and for Ouse, of course, but I think if Ren has an Ouse ending as well, it steals Yuuri's thunder a bit. Also, finding the lock of Shiragiku's hair is where the whole thing starts for him, so it feels like that ending wraps everything up nicely. And I pick the good ending over the bad because I think it's really cool how in both cases, the good ending comes about when you don't go straight for the camera to attack the bother out of them. Obviously giving ghosts what they want isn't always going to a great strategy, but I think it makes sense in this game, where there's such an emphasis on understanding and compassion.

I prefer Miu's good ending. I know Miku's characterisation has been pretty much gutted in this game, but it still feels like vinegar in the wound if she blithely tells Miu what she wants to hear and then disappears anyway. Whatever happens, she's going to die of [insert handwavey yomiko reasons here] before too long, and I think it would be nice if she could choose Miu over death and stay with her, just for a little while. Better for Miu's mental health, certainly. And to give a shallow reason, Miu's ugly crying is my least favourite ugly crying of all the characters.

#4 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Vampire Slayer in Training

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:19 AM

Ren - the one with the flashback of Asou crying and the one where Shiragiku has an ending where her flashback is in color
Miu - Miku dead because it makes the more sense to me and keeping her alive is just sugarcoating the game and not being realistic. SHes gonna die anyway and shes been through a lot of crap just let her die and rest.
Yuri - I like the one where she dies. I'm also conflicted with her other ending because she said that she never cried before in her life

Edited by ナガクラ, 07 November 2014 - 03:22 AM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#5 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 758 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

Ack, sorry about the title confusion, I thought they'd be clearer when I watched them.  Turns out, nope.   :thinking:

My favourite is probably Yuuri's good ending, but I'm glad we have an ending where she dies in a ritual/antagonist tied way after 3.  Taking Ouse's "secrets" with mitori and returning to Hisoka, who's fear of being abandoned doesn't come true, while finally able to cry is...definitely cheesy, but pretty.  I love their friendship too much to leave Hisoka alone.  I hope they had lots of tea when they got back.

Shiragiku rejecting Asou/Ren was kind of sweet.  I didn't expect she'd send him back to Mt. Kagiroi (which I kind of want to explore orz) but it made sense, and I agree it should end with her for him.  The Ouse scenes don't feel as much like endings as Shiragiku's imo.  I'm a little disappointed there wasn't a yuukon option.

Miu's bad ending makes the most sense to me.  Miku leaving the box to live even for a short time sounds a bit off (if she wasn't already dying would she live properly?)  I'd rather know how she dies, and to its credit the scene at the lake is put together well and feels final, than have her live on for barely enough time for it to be worth it.  

#6 OFFLINE   Eiko82

Eiko82

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:05 PM

I think my favourite Ren ending is the good Shiragiku ending. Throughout the game, Ren was constantly haunted by the memory of her. So it makes sense that his story ended with her.

Out of the two shrine maidens, I felt that Shiragiku had a real bond to Asou unlike Ouse who didn't actually know Asou at all. Ouse and Asou saw each other once and barely spoke to each other. Shiragiku and Asou were actually childhood friends. She deserved some real closure. So I'm glad that she got to say 'goodbye'.

though I have to admit that I'm a sucker for happy, sappy endings, which is why I also liked the good Ouse ending. It was nice that she didn't really want him to join her in a yuukon. She just wanted to know that he loved her.

kuontag.png

#7 Guest_Haise_*

Guest_Haise_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:41 PM

Yuuri

I really liked both of the endings, but if I had to decide it would be Bride of Yomi.

Embrace: I always liked these Deja Vu/Reliving something endings, poor Hisoka feeling the same when Akari jumped. It was literally the same cutscene as Akari's. Also, Yuuri giving her life to destroy the curse while also getting what she secretly wanted (dying) is very poetic to me. Not the best way to describe it, yeah. 

Bride of Yomi: Probably the only truly happy ending in the game: Every ghost can rest in peace, friends/lovers (RenRui)/families are reunited and Yuuri finally decides on living instead of dying, Hisoka manages to "arrive in time" (even though Yuuri already decided on living, but to Hisoka, it might feel like she was successful), Ren grew a pair and started acting cool around a woman for *probably* the first time. 

Miu

The Dream Road ending, absolutely. 

Yomi Ko: It has the feels, but it also makes me hate Miku more (whom I grow to actually like because of FF1), everything was for nothing (while in other sad endings the heroine at least accomplishes her goal), and Miu got the worst possible fate as far as I know (FF1,2,3,5), getting denied so hard, losing what she has been fighting for. Also, Miu cries. :( Hate when good people cry...

Dream Road: Heroine reaches her goal, reunited with probably the most important person in a human's life, her mother (even though she was not much of a mother, really), Fuyuhi&Haruka are reunited in death. And Miku "kinda" accepts losing Mafuyu (well, it's more like she realizes Miu is more worthy than him). And *maybe,maybe,maybe* there is a chance of a reunion between Rei (who should be like 40 I think if she didn't decide to go in a box for Yuu, we will see :P ) and Miku. 

Ren

Only seen Box of Loneliness ending (truth be told, Ren was not that interesting to me, Miu and Yuuri outshine him imo), and... I didn't really care.

Ouse can RIP in Yuuri's good ending anyways, Ren loves Rui (no objections) anyways, they are still together in the bonus scene anyways...

He is a cool guy though, so I want him to live. He could write a book about his luck with woman so far xd (Ouse- the antagonist, Shiragiku - failed in her eyes, Rui - shy girl, shy guy=never confess syndrome, Hisoka - *very likely* friendzoned, Yuuri - total introvert, Granny - okay I stop). Poor guy... 

#8 OFFLINE   Belladenia

Belladenia

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:59 AM

I personally think Miu's true ending is a combination of her two endings; because whilst Yuuri and Ren's endings change logically based on their actions; Miu's ending depends on merely taking a picture or not. A picture would not suddenly make a dream "not a dream" or make someone still alive "not alive." I think Miu's ending goes like this. She dreams of Miku's shadow which disappears several times as she chases after it, and then follows the actual Miku into the lake whilst still dreaming, where Miku explains to her the reason behind her actions. When Miu pleads with Miku "Not to go!" and grabs onto her--she feels Miku's thoughts, of what Miku tried to tell her earlier when she first saved her "Miu, I'm already...." and even though Miku tells her she's not going anywhere, she realizes that even though she has found Miku, that her mother wont be able to stay with her long, that she was on the verge of death--that she never  actually had the chance to live with her mother since Miku, even if she had not performed Yuukon would have died and left her behind anyway with mere hours difference. The Miku disappearing in her dream was part of Miu's nightmare, symbolising how death had robbed her of her mother--the crying Miu in the dream then wakes up and sees that Miku hadn't lied in the dream, that she was fighting death for at least a little longer to be able to share her last moments with Miu, giving comfort to Miu at a age and time when Miu needed it most. Miku will probably be dead by the time Miu wakes back up, but because they can both sense and feel what the other is feeling and thinking by touching, these last few moments are enough.

Or at least this is what I personally think of Miu's endings.

#9 OFFLINE   Chuiga

Chuiga

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

I would love to see Miku as loving mother to Miu, but I still have to stick with ending, where Miku is no longer there. Even when that was heartbreaking and sad :.<. Or maybe I don't know which one to pick as favorite. I felt so happy with ending where Miku stays with Miu. So difficult to choose favorite. Well I still like happy endings more, so maybe Miku staying with her girl.

With Yuuri I love the good ending where she uses mitori to Ouse. That was so epic and I had goosebumps all over when watching that ending. And Tsukiko Amano's song was perfect for that. And I feel like Hisoka and Yuuri belongs together. It was heart warming to see Yuuri finally crying and Ouse could have peace at last.

Ren was more difficult. I actually couldn't choose one as the best ending 'cause all I wanted was that Ren end up together with Rui. So maybe that ending, where is Shiragiku and Ren found's himself at shrine at the end. I don't know, I have to think about it a bit more xD. One of Shiragikus endings anyway.

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#10 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:01 AM

This games' endings are hit and miss with me.  There are a lot more endings in this game than the others but this is the only game where I can say I don't like some of them.

Yuuri.  Good ending was beautiful and was the most wonderful thing in the entire story (aside from the coffee cutscene earlier) and in my opinion it makes much more sense for this to be the choice that Yuuri made after going through all she went through to bring Hisoka back alive.  Plus, it's the only one where Ouse is able to move on and be at peace by going through the sun rather than continue suffering as a pillar for all eternity.  The Embrace ending while well constructed and tragic doesn't have the curse lifted and that means those who died will never be able to go to Heaven and that's just not okay as a canon ending with me.  Above all though it makes Yuuri's friendship with Hisoka have meaning and doesn't have her choose to leave the person who proved to her that she isn't alone to be...well alone.  Although Bride of Yomi makes a lot less sense as a name for this ending than Embrace does since they are hugging in this ending and it's a happy ending for everyone so the title just doesn't sound right.

Miu.  I prefer the Dream Road ending even though I think with the blatantly fanfiction esque characterization they gave Miku for this game' the Yomi Ko ending makes more sense for everything else we'd seen of Miku in this game.  Dream Road at least gives Miku some sort of redeeming quality to be with the daughter she abandoned for the rest of her short life rather than lying to her by telling he she'll stay and then not following up on that promise and basically saying I have no feelings for you at all and I'm glad I abandoned you.  It feels like the more natural conclusion to their story in this game but Dream Road is far less upsetting.  Although, I don't consider either ending canon as I don't see Miu's story as even having happened because of how impossible it is for Miku to have become this and how it effects nothing of 5's story if it's removed.

Ren.  For the Ouse one I prefer where he reaches out to her and Asou pretty much takes over to have some final moments with Ouse.  While Asou and Ouse's relationship was both incredibly rushed and forced I enjoyed seeing the more happy resolution to their relationship than the one where for some reason taking a picture of her causes an abrupt stopping in the ending to occur.  Although like mentioned above I feel it kind of devalue's Yuuri's good ending a bit to have this happen so I stick with Shiragiku.

I...honestly don't know what to make of the In the Box ending.  It didn't make any sense to me at all.  Why would she suddenly change her mind about wanting to die with him after having called out for him to come back for her for all this time when he hasn't done anything to purify her soul at all?  I consider A Cold Spring to be a far better ending both as a good ending and as one that's better written because there her soul is purified and thus she's able to think more clearly than if you don't excorcize her.  It just makes much more sense to me for her to decide that she wants him to forget her now that she's been saved as well as them both getting resolution to their relationship than for her to suddenly go against her entire character with no story explanation.

To summerize.  I love Bride of Yomi, I like Embrace as a non canon bad ending, I love A Cold Spring, I like Love After Death, I like the Dream Road ending more than the Yomi Ko ending but I really don't care for either that much, and I dislike all the other endings.  So basically I only like half of the endings in this game.  I feel like that's a step down from the other games where I pretty much love every ending.

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 03 December 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 274 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:27 AM

I chose:

For Yuuri: the Bride of Yomi ending, cause I like seeing happy endings and thinking about how Hisoka and Miu would feel after Yuuri dies along with Ouse after all they went through to save her,just upsets me lol and when Hisoka calls to Yuuri at the end and she turns around with a tear in her eye and kind of smiles makes me hope that she then realizes she wasn't as alone as she thought.

For Ren: I chose the Inside the Box Ending, I felt Shiragiku loved Asou and that the Ouse love story was just too soap opera-ish,and the fact that Shiragiku has Ren (Asou) she realizes that she shouldn't be selfish and have Ren (Asou) all to herself make him kill himself for her,and so she sadly pushes him away and tells him to not die a long long time from then was just too cute and sweet.

For Miu: I chose the Dream Road Ending, Just felt that it was still bitter sweet but nice cause Miu wanted to spend time with her mother and taking her away just beats the purpose of going to a lot of trouble in finding her in the first place, I know Miku even if she isn't spirited away in the ending she won't have long to live, but Miu deserves to have more memories of her mother.

a80Suw0.png

#12 OFFLINE   Rezz

Rezz

Mama Miya

• Spirited Aways
  • 89 posts
  • LocationLurking

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

Alright, now that I have actually gone back through the game in a language I am totally fluent in, I have some thoughts.

Yuuri: I like both endings. I do, and it's hard to say which one I favor. The 'good' ending seems to be the more or less canon one - Hell, it's like a nearly perfect daytime mirror of the end of Fatal Frame 4. Everything feels nice, neat, resolved (at least as well as an FF gets resolved; we all know in however many years, things are gonna go south again) and you get that sort of bittersweet vibe of most of the FF games. Plus, Yuuri gets to both cry and smile, and she's probably one of my favorite protags, so that's nice.

And then you get to the bad ending and just. "I wanted to live with him, but I want to die with you." They married. They 100% married. Holy guacamolé they married. You absolutely cannot tell me that wasn't the Yuukon ending. (Shotgun Yuukon?) Forget Ren's ending, Ouse was saying the same stuff to Yuuri as she was to we-confused-him-for-Dr. Asou-the-whole-game-Ren and then that? Sure, jumping off the cliff marks a bit of a regression for Yuuri, but she did seem to be wavering a bit back and forth the entire game. She actively went to see Ouse herself, in fact; and not like how Miya was luring Misaki to the Kiraigou stage. The brides have to be chosen on Mt. Hikami. Ugh, it's bad, but man I love both endings for entirely different reasons. So I ain't voting.

Miu: This is the easiest one for me to figure out. Miku's dead, she's been dead, Miu got abandoned, now let the poor woman lay in rest and go down in history with the rest of the World's Best Mothers. It makes the most sense, even if there's a feelgood element to Miku spending the five minutes or so left she has to live with the daughter she bailed out on, but. Nah, ugly crying or not, she just needs to be dead and stay that way. Before she says one more 'I can see things other people can't see. Except my brother. I had no one, I was alone, I wanted my brother back' sentence that makes me want to literally strangle her while yelling 'What about Rei and Kei and everyone that went through the Manor of Sleep with you they could see the ghosts, too, stop pretending your life's major angst point is unique only to you and your brother when you met at least three other people that had wrangled with ghosts, too, you absolute pecan'

Ren: Idk. I like his Shiragiku ones more than the Ouse ones. As funny as it is that the good Ouse end combined with the bad Yuuri end is basically Ouse having her cake and eating it, too, the whole thing with Asou was about as strong of a relationship as Kirie and her nameless Mafuyu clone boyfriend. The bad ending there makes more sense with Ren 'this is not the groom you're looking for'-ing at Ouse anyway. He is not Kunihiko. Maybe if Ouse had spent more time Kyouka-ing Ren instead of literally ignoring him almost the entire game, the good end would make more sense, but nope. So then there's no reason to choose Ouse anymore, and we go to the Shiragiku endings, which carry more weight because they have more of a historical context. The 'bad' ending and 'good' endings are both pretty good for Shiragiku. Again, Ren is not Kunihiko, so separating his identity from what Dr. Asou might've done is actually a plus in my book - in this case him turning the camera on Shiragiku, makes sense to me? But the 'good' ending is sweet and pretty harmless, too, so just for the one super feelgood ending, I'd have to go with that. Live a long life, KunihikoRen. Knock up like 50,000 miko all over Japan and have some massive expanded family. Actually, I wonder what smarmy remark Shiragiku would have for that if she knew...
  • Hex likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Yuuri Kozukata, Miu Hinasaki, Ren Hojo, Endings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users