Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:29 PM) Ok, playing with headphones is definitely superior
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:31 PM) I knew the music in Rei's house changed after Miku's chapters start but I never noticed it has these little bumps and rustles that make it sound like something's moving in the house
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) also there is more ghost talk during Kei's phone call!
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) i couldn't hear most of it, though, I need to listen again
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese

Photo

Intro chapter on youtube

Fatal Frame V Video Walkthrough

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

Somebody must have got their game early, because they posted the first chapter of FF5 on youtube. Spoilers, obviously. (But... not really?)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=i23iNxtzURM

So, uh, that was... different. What do you all think?

ETA: This topic now contains links to videos that show more of the game, and spoilery remarks, so proceed at your own risk.

• calne likes this

#2 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 690 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

Um...that was something.  The tutorials aren't forcing you to stop so that's a huge improvement over 4 and DCB at least.  The hair thing creeps me out and not in the way it should.  Not really anything else I can say about it other than the fact that that intro chapter alone has more nudity in it than any of the other games.  Oh and the guy who uploaded it turned the brightness up way too much.  It's a Horror game it should be dark.

#3 OFFLINE   Spirited Exposure

Spirited Exposure

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCrying myself to sleep until we get a US release for FF5

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:00 PM

I feel like the intro escalated a bit too quickly, so it doesn't flow, but overlooking that, the game looks pretty darn good.

Edited by NoOneInParticular96, 25 September 2014 - 07:00 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:01 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAH I'm almost jumping up and down from excitement! Dang it play-asia I need my copy right now (I have a bad feeling I'm gonna have to wait until next week).

Anyone knows if someone has a stream up?

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#5 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

There was someone streaming who cleared as far as chapter 4, but they stopped a while back. I haven't found anyone else so far - this is pretty much it except for this, which shows a little more. Probably a lot more coming tomorrow.

• calne likes this

AAHOrHo.gif

#6 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

There was someone streaming who cleared as far as chapter 4, but they stopped a while back. I haven't found anyone else so far - this is pretty much it except for this, which shows a little more. Probably a lot more coming tomorrow.

Thank you so much ;u; I just can't hold myself back after all OTL

Spoiler

Edited by calne, 25 September 2014 - 07:43 PM.

yuri.gif

#7 OFFLINE   Spirited Exposure

Spirited Exposure

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:58 PM

Man, I wish I knew what they were saying. ; -;

About the only thing I can understand is that someone dear to Yuuri died (I think? XD) and now she's alone... something like that.

#8 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

Man, I wish I knew what they were saying. ; -;
About the only thing I can understand is that someone dear to Yuuri died (I think? XD) and now she's alone... something like that.

Spoiler

yuri.gif

#9 OFFLINE   zachillios

zachillios

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:38 PM

Spoiler

Z5NAsTF.png

#10 OFFLINE   Valkiria

Valkiria

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 3 posts
  • LocationColombia.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:31 PM

Finally managed to Sign up (not taht it was hard, I'm kinda useless... sometimes :D).

Well... I got to say it look pretty good!. The effort they've put into details is quite amazing, wet clothing, how camera moves whenever you get caught by ghosts is really cool too. And the sound effects

That first scene with the priestess rising from the water got me really excited!. And te fact that Miu actually has facial expresions matching her surroindings is soooo good!. When she ran, I mean ACTUALLY RAN (Well, maybe not for 100 dash kinda thing but...), It just felt so good because they barely jog in any other game. Tutorias with Rei's cousin (yeah i forgot her real name) was interesting, and i must say necesary even for loyal players because there has been a bunch of changes and i guess even some of us will need our time to adjust. First ghost fight was too short but I loved the you-can't-flee hands coming from the water. 

Unfortunately lip sinc kinda fails from time to time and hair could use some improvement.

Overall I liked it very much. Now, I just got to prepare some popcorn and wait till someones begins uploading the whole palythrough!!!. 

#11 OFFLINE   LadyHepatica

LadyHepatica

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:05 AM

Hrm, so far I can see the game is using autosave instead of the save lanterns. Kinda sad about that, but I guess it makes sense now that each section is cut into missions. The running was pretty fast, that surprised me. They kept the getting-the-key-shows-you-the-door-on-the-map thing. I'm glad they have a chiming sound to indicate you're in the right spot now to take a hidden ghost picture. You just have to rotate it around to get the right angle. I also noticed during the first ghost fight that if a ghost catches you, you have to shake them away with your camera with a timed shot. Though for the HP bar, I didn't see it go down, but flash red. I don't know what that is about. It seems like the Fatal Frame moment opens itself up for a limited amount of time so you can to take as many combo shots as you can before the timer runs out? Because before, to get a Fatal Frame, you had to open yourself up to being attacked and it would appear right before they grab you. I just noticed that the Fatal Frame shot was different from usual so I wanted to point it out. Maybe it's just specific to that first ghost fight as his "pattern" of being vulnerable to Fatal Frame shots.

Edited by LadyHepatica, 26 September 2014 - 12:11 AM.

#12 OFFLINE   MaruDashi

MaruDashi

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:25 AM

I hate it.

My biggest worry was that the mechanics with this 'mission' thing was going to ruin the flow of the game. And if the rest of the game is anything like the intro, it did. The pace is SUPER fast. Boom, theres a ghost. Boom, another ghost. Run over there. Ghosts. Oh, and a cut scene. Now go there. Ghosts and cut scene. Forgot boobs. Toss a bunch of boobs everywhere. Then the rating at the end....it kills the flow for me. 

And all that recycled music. Then theres the 'over here sweety, come hold my hand' white arrows..................

I'm so sad. There was no build up of suspense, it just flew by. With boobs. And excessive cut scenes. I really hope the rest of the game slows down and paces itself properly

technologiccopy.png

#13 OFFLINE   Spirited Exposure

Spirited Exposure

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:05 AM

I hate it.

My biggest worry was that the mechanics with this 'mission' thing was going to ruin the flow of the game. And if the rest of the game is anything like the intro, it did. The pace is SUPER fast. Boom, theres a ghost. Boom, another ghost. Run over there. Ghosts. Oh, and a cut scene. Now go there. Ghosts and cut scene. Forgot boobs. Toss a bunch of boobs everywhere. Then the rating at the end....it kills the flow for me. 

And all that recycled music. Then theres the 'over here sweety, come hold my hand' white arrows..................

I'm so sad. There was no build up of suspense, it just flew by. With boobs. And excessive cut scenes. I really hope the rest of the game slows down and paces itself properly

The pace slows down quite a lot in the first chapter (Or, I should say, the second chapter. But I feel the first chapter wasn't really a chapter... more like a mini tutorial.) It isn't so much "there's a ghost, now you have to go there, one billion cutscenes, another ghost, running away from ghosts, cutscenes, cutscenes, oh did i mention ghosts yet" kind of thing. Ch. 1 feels more like Fatal Frame.

Edited by NoOneInParticular96, 26 September 2014 - 02:38 AM.

• MaruDashi likes this

#14 OFFLINE   Elyonum

Elyonum

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:27 AM

I did feel the first chapter was a bit too quick and intense (when I saw the women coming out of the water I was like "WHOAH they just dropped the poor girl right into the boiling pot didn't they"? xD
I could also use less boobage, but overall, especially in the second chapter, things slowed down and were very, very good. I wish I knew what they were saying as well! I think the game looks awesome and I'm hoping very hard they'll bring it to US/EU! *---*
I didn't feel that the rating killed the flow, but that's incredibly subjective from my part. It felt like going through different chapters of a short story novel. Probably things will start to mix and mingle in the middle *O*
Also the graphics are very pretty. That house in the second chapter feels so creepy, and I'm not even playing, ahhhh :DD

Edited by Elyonum, 26 September 2014 - 02:29 AM.

• Rheo likes this

bff2gl.jpg

Sweetness~ 

#15 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,128 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:01 AM

THings I liked
-Auto Save
I can see why people might not like this but there are times in at least all of the games that I dont feel like redoing if I somehow end up dying. Like going all the way down just to fight Kusabi, going through all that time and effort and annoying Handmaidens just to fight Reika, and going up the lighthouse just to fight Sakuya. I hated redoing those things because they are boring and annoying to redo if you screw up somehow (looking at you Nightmare Mode) 

-Dramatic Tech Improvement
We could never get anywhere close to this on the Wii. Maybe on the PS3 but one would hope. that detail is amazing.

Things I didn't like
-Recycled music
I guess for Chapter 1 I could let this slide but I hope most of the soundtrack isn't recycled music. I want something new outside of ritual music that will obviously be new (I feel like they reused FF2's ritual music here...).There are parts that are timed a bit... awkward to the ears that made me think the sound of the video was getting lag or something.

I hate it.

Dude its barely CHAPTER ONE. What do you expect from a tutorial?

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#16 OFFLINE   Spirited Exposure

Spirited Exposure

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:34 AM

Here's Chapter 1, by the way: https://www.youtube....Nx6nNEZvphya02w

Edited by Spirited Exposure, 26 September 2014 - 04:05 AM.

#17 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:42 AM

Weeeell, everything's slowed down quite a bit, but I think the DL version comes out a day early, so expect a lot more incoming? I know at least one person plans to keep streaming at some point tomorrow... But for now, since I saw up to chapter 4, here's a brief summary of what little I remember for anyone who just cannot wait (anywhere from minor to rather large spoilers, so do be warned):

Chapter 1

Spoiler

Chapter 2

Spoiler

Chapter 3

Spoiler

Chapter 4

Spoiler

Other misc. spoilery notes:

Spoiler

Not a spoiler: looks like each character gets five costume slots each.

...That wasn't brief at all, was it.

Here's Chapter 2, by the way: https://www.youtube....Nx6nNEZvphya02w

That's chapter 1. I know it probably sounds horribly pedantic, but we're going to end up getting really confused if we don't remember this ASAP (I know I've already started getting mixed up). The intro chapter is the intro, and chapter 1 is chapter 1. So the next chapter will be chapter 2, not 3. Etc.

• calne likes this

AAHOrHo.gif

#18 OFFLINE   Spirited Exposure

Spirited Exposure

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:07 AM

That's chapter 1. I know it probably sounds horribly pedantic, but we're going to end up getting really confused if we don't remember this ASAP (I know I've already started getting mixed up). The intro chapter is the intro, and chapter 1 is chapter 1. So the next chapter will be chapter 2, not 3. Etc.

Ah, my bad. I actually thought about putting Chapter 1 instead of Ch. 2, but people were saying Ch. 1 is Chapter 2 and the intro is Ch. 1 and I was like "wat" so... Sorry for the confusion.

#19 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:43 AM

Thank you so much Homuranagi for summing it up!

Kinda sad if it's possible to clear is in such a short time... but then again, you can easily clear previous games in couple of hours as well, if you just "run through".
I wonder if Amano's song is playing on hard/nightmare ending then? Like, they could've possible done what they did with NOISE and Zero no Chouritsu on IV.

Edited by calne, 26 September 2014 - 04:44 AM.

yuri.gif

#20 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,128 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:46 AM

I personally prefer Higanbana but maybe the song is determined by difficulty this time again 

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Video Walkthrough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users