Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 10:10 PM) all the rumours and stuff from the thread in the Fatal Frame News forum
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 11:01 PM) Mr Johnny> I dunno what to say, dude. I'm sure no one wants you to feel tortured. But people shouldn't pretend to believe claims that sound really unlikely just because you're invested in it, either
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 11:01 PM) I guess just... try not to take things so personally. It's not a reflection on you if people have doubts, it's just common sense
Chou : (15 June 2018 - 02:57 PM) No one is personally attacking you over the rumors, we just have doubts as there's been no other news and no other sources reporting anything
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:09 AM) I know folks I Very much know but it is my strange habbit to open up to strangers
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:11 AM) and I know Very much no one is attacking me I am not a baka but as I said the events of these past years was harsh to me
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:13 AM) even my Zodiac sign feature this strange habit,
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:16 AM) I just wanted to spend my Holiday with you guy and don't understand you as a whole the reason of my struggles cause you never was EVER!!! P.s "baka" is not my intended word, obv.
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:25 AM) I did't intend to make melodrama it is in your codswalloping mind. What a naive thinking.
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 03:43 PM) Okay, enough. This isn't going anywhere helpful so just drop it, please
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 04:03 PM) I've been thinking about the FF4 anniversary next month - would anyone be interested in a little drabble/paint art fest or something?
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 04:03 PM) Nothing big, I just feel bad that we always seem to miss celebrating anniversaries
TomoChan : (18 June 2018 - 11:38 PM) I would be interested! I actually started drawing a picture of the FF4 cast for the anniversary :P hard to believe it's ten years old.
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 06:28 PM) I haven't drawn in foooorever but I'd try and join!
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 07:02 PM) \o/
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 07:03 PM) anyone else reading, CONSIDER THIS YOUR PEER PRESSURE
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 07:15 PM) Yeeessss! The spiritual power of all the  ghosts demand you all join!
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 07:16 PM) and hopefully by that point I've finished the game lol
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 09:31 PM) i'm cheering for you!
Chou : (20 June 2018 - 01:36 PM) \o/ !!! I can't believe it's been 10 years since the game... 8 years since the patch was completed. Craziness!

Photo

Is FF5 going to be JP only?

Fatal Frame V Localization

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:04 PM

I say people are just being inpatient.

W-we're not being impatient... *quietly puts down banner that reads "fatal frame better get localised or mario gets pulverised"*
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

#22 OFFLINE   zachillios

zachillios

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:26 PM

After seeing some of the really disgusting elements of this game, there's not a chance of us getting it. They'd have to change so much for it to be socially acceptable here. 

Z5NAsTF.png

#23 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:12 AM

With the recent DOA support we have a better chance now.

After seeing some of the really disgusting elements of this game, there's not a chance of us getting it. They'd have to change so much for it to be socially acceptable here. 

They had to censor the Siren: Blood Curse opening scene with making it shaky cam just to get it released here.NOA might have to do a few touches like that. A very annoying ghost I like to call "floaty boobs" (as a joke of course) might have to be closed up a bit to a point its acceptable.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#24 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 289 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:27 AM

What do you mean by that ? I'm curious.

I mean, there are lot's of games that have "disgusting elements" and still is released in Europe and America (I think. I don't know how games get censored in America)?

And if "floaty boobs" shows some cleavage that shouldn't be problem. Also if there is some see through clothes, I don't count that as "disgusting element". (Also DOA has cleavages and see trough clothes and it's released in EU and NA)

In fact, if they think that games +16 is not enough, then they'll just put it to +18. : P

Edited by Meital, 29 September 2014 - 12:28 AM.

#25 OFFLINE   zachillios

zachillios

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:17 AM

What do you mean by that ? I'm curious.

I mean, there are lot's of games that have "disgusting elements" and still is released in Europe and America (I think. I don't know how games get censored in America)?

And if "floaty boobs" shows some cleavage that shouldn't be problem. Also if there is some see through clothes, I don't count that as "disgusting element". (Also DOA has cleavages and see trough clothes and it's released in EU and NA)

In fact, if they think that games +16 is not enough, then they'll just put it to +18. : P

As this isn't the spoiler forum I can't go into details. But it's something that's illegal for two different reasons. 

Z5NAsTF.png

#26 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

As this isn't the spoiler forum I can't go into details. But it's something that's illegal for two different reasons. 

If you are referring to this, I want to point out that Beyond Two Souls had a same type of scene as later mentioned, even more radical, brutal and straight forwarded in fact. That kind of scene might be troublesome, but I don't think it alone will prevent the game's localization.

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#27 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:18 AM

If you are referring to this, I want to point out that Beyond Two Souls had a same type of scene as later mentioned, even more radical, brutal and straight forwarded in fact. That kind of scene might be troublesome, but I don't think it alone will prevent the game's localization.

I've played that game,
the one seen in this game isn't as extreme and pretty much fades out to off camera unlike Beyond Two Souls would which that game shows you EVERYTHING. THis game is rather... dark. The darkest of the series. Like that one scene with the car....

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#28 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

I know your not talking about that but you can take upskirt pantie shots (ive seen them in miiverse, perverts) you could do that in ninja gaiden 3, so if anyone is thinking that it wont be a problem.

Btw I'm sick of people deciding what i can and cant see. Bloody sensors Ill be the judge
  • VanillaLake likes this
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

#29 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

I know your not talking about that but you can take upskirt pantie shots (ive seen them in miiverse, perverts) you could do that in ninja gaiden 3, so if anyone is thinking that it wont be a problem.

Btw I'm sick of people deciding what i can and cant see. Bloody sensors Ill be the judge

It's just that laws concerning sexual themes, especially sexualisation of underaged (if I remember right, both Yuuri and Miu were under 18), can be pretty strict.
There's a reason why all the bikinis got cut off in PAL version of DCB and the corset outfit censored in Spirit Camera.

If Fatal Frame 5 is to have a western release, I have no doubt they will censor or possibly cut off couple unlockable costume....

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#30 OFFLINE   Dark_Shiva144

Dark_Shiva144

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

Just saw this on Koei Tecmo EU's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/...530770333433857
:(

#31 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

" As far as we know "

#32 OFFLINE   koko

koko

Lost Twin

• Administrators
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

You've got to be kidding me...

#33 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 418 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

Nooooooo D:

#34 OFFLINE   koko

koko

Lost Twin

• Administrators
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

Is Nintendo or Koei Tecmo pulling the strings this time around?

#35 OFFLINE   detertake

detertake

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

It doesn't sound like a downer to me. They might be stating the current situation with the game. Yes, it's out, but only in Japan.

#36 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:27 PM

*picks the banner back up*

Edited by Reala, 29 September 2014 - 12:27 PM.

photo flandrebanner.jpg

#37 OFFLINE   koko

koko

Lost Twin

• Administrators
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

I just posted a new topic regarding some new info I found today.

Perhaps this could mean that a localisation is underway, just that Koei Tecmo are uninformed?

#38 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

I just posted a new topic regarding some new info I found today.
Perhaps this could mean that a localisation is underway, just that Koei Tecmo are uninformed?

Thats already been slightly debunked, apparently nico nico do that from time to time. Anyway we will just have to wait and see, this aint a AAA title more of a niche game so localisation consideration may take longer. In all honesty though logically it will happen just not right now. Remember smash bros is coming out this year and nintendo have all their hopes on that so i imagine theyll wait until its died down so new titles can get the lime light. Reikas right patience is required. I read in the comments of that tweet that something similar happened witj DCB then later it was announced. Annoyingly some websites have already taken this as a NO when its more of a i dont know

Edited by Reala, 29 September 2014 - 01:52 PM.

photo flandrebanner.jpg

#39 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

I just posted a new topic regarding some new info I found today.

Or they're trying to shut us up and surprise us later lol

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#40 OFFLINE   InsaneChronos

InsaneChronos

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:01 PM

Like I said. there will be no more english Fatal Frame games. Oh, and the fifth game will be the last.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Localization

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users