I know we have a couple of topics floating around that encompass these, but I'm interested in getting a general feel for what people are thinking in a more, well, general sense. So, as you can see: how are you planning on experiencing FF5? Excited enough to get a Wii U imported just for it, or maybe it's the game that finally convinced you to get one? Hanging on for that localisation? Disenchanted enough with the Wii U that you would rather just watch someone else play it (or perhaps you're just too afraid to do it yourself)? Completely and utterly broke? None of the above? Vote away.
How will you experience FF5?
Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:03 PM
I'm definitely importing the game and getting a Japanese Wii U. I have a soft spot for the Fatal Frame series. Frankly speaking, I do not have high hopes on the game being localized, seeing that FF4 needs to be fan translated, and FF2:DCB only releasing in Japan and Europe.. Luckily, I can still rely on my somewhat-okay understanding of Japanese to enjoy the game. Even if its going to get localized, I doubt that I will buy another Wii U set just to play it again.. Seriously, region lock is a curse.
Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:07 PM
I'm going to wait a while and see if they plan to localise it, and if not I guess I'll import. I'm still pretty optimistic about a Western release, and I know from playing FF4 and Ikenie no Yoru in Japanese that not being able to understand what's going on really puts a dent in my enjoyment, so I'd rather hold out and see what happens. Plus, limited funds - I think importing and then finding out it's getting localised after all would be mildly more annoying than waiting a while and finding out I might as well have imported to start with.
Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:11 PM
Like many already knows, I'm importing. Pre-ordered and waiting for my copy (and wii u) impatiently.
If the localization is to come, I will buy that too.
Fatal Frame is one of those game series that the localization has to be within the week of japanese release for me not to buy the japanese one. I'm definitely not going to just sit and watch as others get their game, I just have to have it myself!
hi i used to be beni kthxbye
Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:36 PM
I'm watching a playthrough though I'm hoping someone will make a playthrough with subtitles. I don't understand Japanese so it'd be tough to watch it and not understand anything.
As much as I love Fatal Frame, I'm not willing to go through the trouble of importing a WiiU and the game. Too much hassle.
Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:44 PM
LOL My hand slipped on the order button; I swear it was an accident
Tecmo picked the wrong time to give us a release date for me. They announced it a month after I lost my job so I'm kinda stuck and wont be able to import anything till I get another job so it might be a while. When I did cough up enough to import one or two might happen. I will ether buy it retail first then digitally or I'll buy it digitally then retail later. If localization happens I'll just walk to GameStop and buy it but I'm not sure about buying a second Wii-U.
Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:59 PM
I'll wait for it's localisation. I already got Wii U, so that's not the issue. But if it's not coming, then I'll either buy Japanese version (not so sure about it yet) or just watch LP and read all the spoilers and stuff, just like I did with FF4.
My cosplay blog: http://meitalcos.blogspot.fi/ - feel free to say hi or follow ! :>
Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:06 PM
Considering I have no problem with spoilers or anything of the like, I'll probably end up watching LPs of it while it's still in Japanese and then import it if it gets a US or even European release. So long as it's English translated, idec.
If it never does... well I guess that's what the wiki's for.
Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:03 PM
I preordered the game because YEAH I HAD TO. And referring to the console, I guess I gotta save more to import it. Customs charges will be rough and I have to be prepared. Anyway, I guess even if I preordered it, the game will take like a month to arrive. Hence, I still have some time to think about a way to grow money on trees and buy the console. Since it comes only by Fedex, I don't think it'd take more than a week to arrive. So, I'm chilling, but working hard on the financial issue. lol
Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:11 PM
Edited by MacabrelleEnvy, 21 September 2014 - 07:12 PM.
Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:44 PM
I will wait for a localization announcement for a few months after the game is out and if Nintendo of America won't budge by then, I'll just buy a JP (or EU if NoE is gonna be amazingly nice and localize it) copy of the game so that I have a copy, but I won't be able to play it I will totally be watching blind playthroughs wherever I find them. I like watching the scares for the first time.
Edited by LadyHepatica, 21 September 2014 - 07:45 PM.
Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:41 PM
Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:00 PM
Hanging on for localization. If it doesn't happen, I'll be importing whenever I have enough money.
this is my thoughts exactly. If no localization happens. I'll import the game and
rub the game against my cheek save up to import the Japanese Wii U
Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:06 PM
Considering I don't understand Japanese and play more for story than gameplay, I will either wait for localization and play, or I will just watch subtitled youtube vids.
This is exactly how I feel. I still don't have the fourth game even though there's the patch and I didn't watch any videos or streams until after the patch was completed so I could actually understand what was going on.
Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:49 AM
Holding off on importing. Buying a japanese 8 GB Wii U costs a lot more than what I paid for my american 32 GB Wii U and I don't want to drop $350-$400 on another console that I would only use to play the new Fatal Frame. Especially when I hardly use my american Wii U anyways. Plus I wouldn't understand what the mission's goals and the story progression so I think it would be a lose/lose situation in my case.
I want to hold off until a localization announcement happens/Nintendo of America-Europe officially declines to release it westside.
Middle ground: if Nintendo of Europe only releases it, I will import the game and console from the UK.
someone finds a way to bypass the region coding on the WiiU.
Definitely don't want to rush into spending a whole lot of money right now, so I think I'll watch the first mission playthrough from someone's stream and then hold off spoiling anything more for myself.
Pixel art by: buta774
1 user(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users