Toggle shoutbox Shibaguchi's Office Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Take a business card at the door!
midwinter : (19 November 2014 - 05:42 PM) so many missed opportunities
Hex : (19 November 2014 - 05:43 PM) how mentally prepared are we for the cut content though
Homuranagi : (19 November 2014 - 05:44 PM) not remotely
Homuranagi : (19 November 2014 - 05:44 PM) already trembling behind a desk
Hex : (19 November 2014 - 05:44 PM) what if we turn the page and there's 20 unused ren outfits
midwinter : (19 November 2014 - 05:44 PM) if it was good, i am 100% prepared to pretend it was all in the game and act as such
Homuranagi : (19 November 2014 - 05:44 PM) yuuri in 500 different styles of dress with slightly changed lace
Homuranagi : (19 November 2014 - 05:44 PM) one ren design "well, we thought that was more than enough, i mean we made him didn't we, shut up"
midwinter : (20 November 2014 - 05:10 PM) second week with no manga update?  :icon_lordhimuro:
Hex : (20 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) surely not :icon_tengai:
midwinter : (21 November 2014 - 04:24 PM) Urgent dispatch to Homuranagi
Rheo : (21 November 2014 - 06:06 PM) I've noted the next day of update for the manga in the topic so you would know how long to wait XD
midwinter : (21 November 2014 - 06:16 PM) Did they change it? Cause November 20th was yesterday
Homuranagi : (21 November 2014 - 11:16 PM) but where do i get some
Rheo : (23 November 2014 - 03:26 PM) hmm strange, they probably wrote the wrong date
Rheo : (23 November 2014 - 03:26 PM) let me check
Rheo : (23 November 2014 - 03:27 PM) ughhh they changed it
Rheo : (23 November 2014 - 03:27 PM) without prior notice, eh
midwinter : (23 November 2014 - 03:42 PM) Thanks for checking! They are pretty unreliable
Rheo : (23 November 2014 - 03:57 PM) np, mid~! yeah, pretty much

Photo

How will you experience FF5?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: What are you intending to do? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you...

1. Import a Wii U and the game on/within 12 months of release (7 votes [21.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.21%

2. Import a Wii U and the game if no localisation is announced (6 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Buy a local Wii U and wait for localisation (1 votes [3.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

4. Wait for localisation and then buy a Wii U (8 votes [24.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.24%

5. Not play it at all; just watch an LP online / read spoilers (5 votes [15.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

6. Other (post in topic) (6 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

If you're not going to import, why?

1. I want/think it will have a localisation (14 votes [42.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.42%

2. I don't want/can't afford a Wii U right now (8 votes [24.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.24%

3. I don't want to play the game at all (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. I would rather watch an LP than play it myself (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I am going to import (10 votes [30.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.30%

6. Other (1 votes [3.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

If you are going to import, why?

1. I have to play it right now! (10 votes [24.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.39%

2. I don't think it will be localised/can't wait that long (7 votes [17.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.07%

3. I would import regardless of localisation (4 votes [9.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

4. My hand slipped on the order button; I swear it was an accident (1 votes [2.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

5. I'm not importing (14 votes [34.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.15%

6. Other (5 votes [12.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

tl;dr

• Snake Eater
  • 355 posts
  • Locationgreat intersectual mass of nightmare

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

I know we have a couple of topics floating around that encompass these, but I'm interested in getting a general feel for what people are thinking in a more, well, general sense. So, as you can see: how are you planning on experiencing FF5? Excited enough to get a Wii U imported just for it, or maybe it's the game that finally convinced you to get one? Hanging on for that localisation? Disenchanted enough with the Wii U that you would rather just watch someone else play it (or perhaps you're just too afraid to do it yourself)? Completely and utterly broke? None of the above? Vote away.

ckg_zps9e5228ac.png

#2 OFFLINE   gekkai

gekkai

Innocent Bystander

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

I'm definitely importing the game and getting a Japanese Wii U. I have a soft spot for the Fatal Frame series. Frankly speaking, I do not have high hopes on the game being localized, seeing that FF4 needs to be fan translated, and FF2:DCB only releasing in Japan and Europe.. Luckily, I can still rely on my somewhat-okay understanding of Japanese to enjoy the game. Even if its going to get localized, I doubt that I will buy another Wii U set just to play it again.. Seriously, region lock is a curse. 

#3 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 685 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

I'm going to wait a while and see if they plan to localise it, and if not I guess I'll import. I'm still pretty optimistic about a Western release, and I know from playing FF4 and Ikenie no Yoru in Japanese that not being able to understand what's going on really puts a dent in my enjoyment, so I'd rather hold out and see what happens. Plus, limited funds - I think importing and then finding out it's getting localised after all would be mildly more annoying than waiting a while and finding out I might as well have imported to start with.

yuuribanner2_zpse9a9bdef.png

#4 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Lost Twin

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:11 PM

Like many already knows, I'm importing. Pre-ordered and waiting for my copy (and wii u) impatiently.
If the localization is to come, I will buy that too.

Fatal Frame is one of those game series that the localization has to be within the week of japanese release for me not to buy the japanese one. I'm definitely not going to just sit and watch as others get their game, I just have to have it myself! :D

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#5 OFFLINE   Eiko82

Eiko82

Missing Person

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:36 PM

I'm watching a playthrough though I'm hoping someone will make a playthrough with subtitles. I don't understand Japanese so it'd be tough to watch it and not understand anything.

As much as I love Fatal Frame, I'm not willing to go through the trouble of importing a WiiU and the game. Too much hassle.

kuontag.png

#6 OFFLINE   suprimeking

suprimeking

Mick

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

i'll wait to see if it's localized and if not.....well i'll just watch on youtube 

you brought this upon yourself mortal now you learn the way of darkness 

#7 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Jann Lee Fighter

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTyler Hoechlin's closet

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

LOL My hand slipped on the order button; I swear it was an accident

Tecmo picked the wrong time to give us a release date for me. They announced it a month after I lost my job so I'm kinda stuck and wont be able to import anything till I get another job so it might be a while. When I did cough up enough to import one or two might happen. I will ether buy it retail first then digitally or I'll buy it digitally then retail later. If localization happens I'll just walk to GameStop and buy it but I'm not sure about buying a second Wii-U.

banner_game.gif

#8 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Lost Twin

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:59 PM

I'll wait for it's localisation. I already got Wii U, so that's not the issue. But if it's not coming, then I'll either buy Japanese version (not so sure about it yet) or just watch LP and read all the spoilers and stuff, just like I did with FF4.

My cosplay blog: http://meitalcos.blogspot.fi/ - feel free to say hi or follow ! :>

#9 ONLINE   Rezz

Rezz

Missing Person

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationLurking

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:06 PM

Considering I have no problem with spoilers or anything of the like, I'll probably end up watching LPs of it while it's still in Japanese and then import it if it gets a US or even European release. So long as it's English translated, idec.

If it never does... well I guess that's what the wiki's for.

#10 OFFLINE   soqna1

soqna1

Crimson Butterfly

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

I preordered the game because YEAH I HAD TO. And referring to the console, I guess I gotta save more to import it. Customs charges will be rough and I have to be prepared. Anyway, I guess even if I preordered it, the game will take like a month to arrive. Hence, I still have some time to think about a way to grow money on trees and buy the console. Since it comes only by Fedex, I don't think it'd take more than a week to arrive. So, I'm chilling, but working hard on the financial issue. lol

#11 OFFLINE   Lolita

Lolita

Crimson Butterfly

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:08 PM

I think this one will see an import at least to my country (England) so I'll wait and if it doesn't then I'll import eventually

#12 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Antique Browser

• Haori Inspector
  • 501 posts
  • Locationsomewhere reading the zero novel

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:12 PM

Hanging on for localization.  If it doesn't happen, I'll be importing whenever I have enough money.

shop_zpsa28c8a0e.png

#13 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Assistant Photographer

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

Since I can't read Japanese and I can't afford it I won't be importing. I don't really want a wiiU at the moment anyways, so i'll wait for localisation or a few more games to come out for it that I want (and probably a price drop too). I will watch a little of the streams or videos when it first comes out though!

Edited by MacabrelleEnvy, 21 September 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   LadyHepatica

LadyHepatica

Missing Person

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

I will wait for a localization announcement for a few months after the game is out and if Nintendo of America won't budge by then, I'll just buy a JP (or EU if NoE is gonna be amazingly nice and localize it) copy of the game so that I have a copy, but I won't be able to play it :( I will totally be watching blind playthroughs wherever I find them. I like watching the scares for the first time.

Edited by LadyHepatica, 21 September 2014 - 07:45 PM.

animepapeAAAr_zps02cc31e2.jpg

#15 OFFLINE   Dark_Shiva144

Dark_Shiva144

Innocent Bystander

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:41 PM

I've decided to import, even though I already own a European Wii U that's been collecting dust more than any other console before it. Because of that, I don't like the idea of buying another one....but I simply can't wait to play this game. I think even if they announced a localization for next year or something, I would still lean towards importing because I really want to play this game as soon as possible. I just wish there was a way around that damn region-lock>_<

#16 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Lost Twin

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

Hanging on for localization.  If it doesn't happen, I'll be importing whenever I have enough money.

this is my thoughts exactly. If no localization happens. I'll import the game and rub the game against my cheek save up to import the Japanese Wii U

5t4lzxL.png

#17 OFFLINE   Elyonum

Elyonum

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

Considering I don't understand Japanese and play more for story than gameplay, I will either wait for localization and play, or I will just watch subtitled youtube vids. 

bff2gl.jpg

Sweetness~ 

#18 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Assistant Photographer

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

Considering I don't understand Japanese and play more for story than gameplay, I will either wait for localization and play, or I will just watch subtitled youtube vids.

This is exactly how I feel. I still don't have the fourth game even though there's the patch and I didn't watch any videos or streams until after the patch was completed so I could actually understand what was going on.

#19 OFFLINE   Coco 嫉妬

Coco 嫉妬

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Administrators
  • 106 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:41 PM

I own a PAL Wii U, and I am importing the NTSC-J version of the game.

Why? I'm hoping for all dem peeps on da internet to find me a way to be able to play it. 

#20 ONLINE   CakeCorpse

CakeCorpse

Crimson Butterfly

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:49 AM

Holding off on importing. Buying a japanese 8 GB Wii U costs a lot more than what I paid for my american 32 GB Wii U and I don't want to drop $350-$400 on another console that I would only use to play the new Fatal Frame. Especially when I hardly use my american Wii U anyways. Plus I wouldn't understand what the mission's goals and the story progression so I think it would be a lose/lose situation in my case.

I want to hold off until a localization announcement happens/Nintendo of America-Europe officially declines to release it westside.

Middle ground: if Nintendo of Europe only releases it, I will import the game and console from the UK. 

or

someone finds a way to bypass the region coding on the WiiU. 

Definitely don't want to rush into spending a whole lot of money right now, so I think I'll watch the first mission playthrough from someone's stream and then hold off spoiling anything more for myself.

Pixel art by: buta774

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users