Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 10:10 PM) all the rumours and stuff from the thread in the Fatal Frame News forum
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 11:01 PM) Mr Johnny> I dunno what to say, dude. I'm sure no one wants you to feel tortured. But people shouldn't pretend to believe claims that sound really unlikely just because you're invested in it, either
midwinter : (14 June 2018 - 11:01 PM) I guess just... try not to take things so personally. It's not a reflection on you if people have doubts, it's just common sense
Chou : (15 June 2018 - 02:57 PM) No one is personally attacking you over the rumors, we just have doubts as there's been no other news and no other sources reporting anything
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:09 AM) I know folks I Very much know but it is my strange habbit to open up to strangers
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:11 AM) and I know Very much no one is attacking me I am not a baka but as I said the events of these past years was harsh to me
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:13 AM) even my Zodiac sign feature this strange habit,
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:16 AM) I just wanted to spend my Holiday with you guy and don't understand you as a whole the reason of my struggles cause you never was EVER!!! P.s "baka" is not my intended word, obv.
Mr Johnny : (18 June 2018 - 02:25 AM) I did't intend to make melodrama it is in your codswalloping mind. What a naive thinking.
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 03:43 PM) Okay, enough. This isn't going anywhere helpful so just drop it, please
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 04:03 PM) I've been thinking about the FF4 anniversary next month - would anyone be interested in a little drabble/paint art fest or something?
midwinter : (18 June 2018 - 04:03 PM) Nothing big, I just feel bad that we always seem to miss celebrating anniversaries
TomoChan : (18 June 2018 - 11:38 PM) I would be interested! I actually started drawing a picture of the FF4 cast for the anniversary :P hard to believe it's ten years old.
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 06:28 PM) I haven't drawn in foooorever but I'd try and join!
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 07:02 PM) \o/
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 07:03 PM) anyone else reading, CONSIDER THIS YOUR PEER PRESSURE
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 07:15 PM) Yeeessss! The spiritual power of all the  ghosts demand you all join!
Chou : (19 June 2018 - 07:16 PM) and hopefully by that point I've finished the game lol
midwinter : (19 June 2018 - 09:31 PM) i'm cheering for you!
Chou : (20 June 2018 - 01:36 PM) \o/ !!! I can't believe it's been 10 years since the game... 8 years since the patch was completed. Craziness!

Photo

Options for peeps outside of Japan

Fatal Frame V Wii U Localization

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   zachillios

zachillios

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

Damn it... I hate living in Germany, I really do. I asked Amiami yesterday whether shipping a WiiU to my place was even possible, since I wanted to make sure because many stores don't export consoles due to embargoes.
Here's the reply I got:

"Hi.
Thank you for mailing us.
Unfortunately your country has some strict policies regarding lithium
batteries therefore we would be unable to ship that item to you as it
contains those type of batteries.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.
Regards,
AmiAmi"

If this is true, then I might not be able to import at all. Then again, I asked Nintendo Europe/Germany about it last week, and they said if I run into trouble I should contact them and they would help me out (I didn't ask about the batteries specifically though, since I didn't even know these could be a problem).
Now, I really don't know what to do anymore. Especially because if those batteries can't be imported, the customs office wouldn't send the package back to the sender, they would dispose of it. Meaning, I wouldn't get the console, and I wouldn't get my money back, either.
Dammit, this sucks so much.
I'll write to Play-Asia as well just in case, but I imagine I'll get the same reply...

Does anyone know a European store that imports consoles? I think that might be my only option now:(

Also, about Wiikey U: I just realized that it doesn't say anywhere that this particular modchip gets rid of the region lock. It says you can use the modchip regardless of the console's region, and it also says you can use the modchip to play games from a USB device...but it doesn't say that this function bypasses the region-lock. So, I wrote to the Wiikey developers just in case. I hope they aren't too busy to answer right now.

This isn't much but take a look at this: http://karlandersson...ii-u-to-europe/

Z5NAsTF.png

#22 OFFLINE   Dark_Shiva144

Dark_Shiva144

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

Thanks^^ But he doesn't really mention where to get one, does he? Seems like he got his while he was in Japan. Still, thanks:)

Also, it seems like the Wiikey U won't be any help with the region-lock after all:(
http://gbatemp.net/t...u.371562/page-2
So, it seems like at the moment, importing a Japanese Wii U is the only option. Well, at least for me, since I don't want to wait months or years for a softmod solution or localization.

#23 Guest_Kurosawa_*

Guest_Kurosawa_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

Has anyone imported and tried playing on a US console?

I've been reading about that there are 'tricks,' to doing so without using a chip or homebrew. Also some ppl are saying that depending on your US console it may be able to read it.

I dunno about it, but I'm curious if any of you guys have tried to play it on the US or EU console.

Honestly, it is too expensive to buy a Japan console then the Game. But...if need be I'd have to do so :(

#24 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

From what I've heard there's no other way than playing it on console that supports NTSC-J games, since Wiikey U won't apparently help to break the region lock...

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#25 OFFLINE   disastorm

disastorm

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

Yea I also don't think its possible. I'd venture a guess that those "tricks" you heard of probably don't work, or else they'd be a lot more widely known.

#26 OFFLINE   zachillios

zachillios

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:48 AM

Has anyone imported and tried playing on a US console?

I've been reading about that there are 'tricks,' to doing so without using a chip or homebrew. Also some ppl are saying that depending on your US console it may be able to read it.

I dunno about it, but I'm curious if any of you guys have tried to play it on the US or EU console.

Honestly, it is too expensive to buy a Japan console then the Game. But...if need be I'd have to do so :(

Yeah I saw that and it doesn't work. With the recent Wii U updates it catches it, and even in the beginning it would freeze before hitting the title screen.

Z5NAsTF.png

#27 OFFLINE   Kureha

Kureha

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

Hi everyone!

Since I'm new here, I got a question. Is there any information out yet on working for a patch like in FF IV?

I really want to play this game and I really want to help, making this work. Since I got english translations of founded files, etc.

I would like to work on a Patch for the german language.

#28 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

Hi everyone!

Since I'm new here, I got a question. Is there any information out yet on working for a patch like in FF IV?
I really want to play this game and I really want to help, making this work. Since I got english translations of founded files, etc.

I would like to work on a Patch for the german language.

I dont know much about the patch but theress a host of topics here

http://bcl.rpen.us/c...nslation-patch/

Edited by Reala, 09 October 2014 - 03:26 PM.

photo flandrebanner.jpg

#29 OFFLINE   soqna1

soqna1

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

Just for record:

I did buy the game on Nintendo eShop cause Customs here at Brazil were delaying

my physical copy to arrive. Well, I dont have complaints. 7,120 yenes seemed pretty

legit for a digital copy. And I dunno how I managed to make it work on my pen drive

since the WiiU doesn't recognizes hard drives unless they are using a Y-cable for extra

power. Anyway, I bought mine (the physical one) on CDJapan. I already rely a lot on them.

They had it sent a day before the release. If I had ordered it in EMS shipping

(and it actually worked for Brazil), it would have arrived before september ended. (<- Sorry bout quoting Billy Joe lol)

Edited by soqna1, 11 October 2014 - 12:07 PM.

#30 OFFLINE   Amal-Rukia

Amal-Rukia

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

wait for a wii u emulator and learn japanese.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Wii U, Localization

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users