I'm still torn about what to do... I really want this game as soon as possible, and since I speak some Japanese (not fluently, but I understand enough to get what the story is about), the language isn't even my main issue.
The main problem is that I disliked the Wii, and I like the Wii U even less. The only Wii-exclusive games I really loved were Fatal Frame 2 remake, Fatal Frame 4, Xenoblade, Arc Rise Fantasia, and Calling. Not trying to bash Nintendo here or anything, but I just don't like the direction they've taken over the years. And this makes me wary of importing a console for just one game. I got a German Wii U (Christmas present from my parents), and it's been collecting dust for months now. The only other Wii U game besides FFV I'm looking forward to right now is the new Xenoblade, and I'm pretty sure that one will get localized. Meaning, as things stand now, I would be buying a Japanese Wii U only for FFV, and nothing else.
On the one hand, I want this game so much that I almost don't care about wasting 200€+ on a Japanese Wii U, but on the other hand I'm afraid they might announce a localization right after I've ordered the console. In that case, I would have completely wasted that money, since there really aren't any other Wii U games that interest me. Damn that region-lock...
Speaking of which... Over the past year, there have been several reports of people being able to hack the Wii U, and the company that made Wiikey (modchip for Wii) even announced they were almost ready to release a Wii U modchip. Unfortunately, both homebrew and modchip releases keep getting delayed, and by now I'm not so sure if they'll ever actually happen at all anymore.
Right now, I keep changing my mind about whether to import or not. I was very close to ordering yesterday, but then I thought "what if they announce the localization at TGS?", so I didn't order after all. Somehow, I feel that if I'm gonna import, I should do it sooner rather than later, so that if they decide to localize FFV after all, I can at least say I got it a lot sooner by importing. But then again, I think chances of an announcement being made are higher right now than they will be in a couple of months.... Damn, I really don't know what to do>_<
@calne: Where did you buy your Japanese Wii U from? Is there a store you would recommend?
Edited by Dark_Shiva144, 18 September 2014 - 03:01 PM.