Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo

Famitsu 17/9

Fatal Frame V Article Locations Miu Hinasaki Miku Hinasaki Shiragiku Haruka Momose

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

This is all going to be super rushed! So I'll keep updating constantly! But what we do know:

Miu is Miku's daughter and Miku is in the game! She went missing when Miu was 3. Still voiced by Rika Wakusawa. There are rumours that she is currently at the mountain, but why?

Onion's name is Shiragiku (白菊), voiced by Natsumi Takamori. She is notable for her white hair, and seems to be able to read people's minds. She shows up at the shrine, whispering mysterious words to visitors. She has a faceless doll called a hitogatami (人形見), but what does it mean...?

Haruka Momose who we met on the website. She's Fuyuhi's friend and is easily swayed by others' opinions. She seems to have a secret between her and Fuyuhi, which may have something to do with her spiriting away.

Watch this space!

http://s1299.photobu...d5231e.png.html

http://s1299.photobu...c22f9d.png.html

Locations:

Mt. Hikami Cable Car, a cable car built to stir up tourism at the mountain again. There was a big landslide soon after completion and it was abandoned. Rumoured to be a famous ghost spot where ghosts are spotted in the car, etc.

Watarai Mansion, a house where a folklorist called Keiji Watarai lived when he investigated the mountain. He went missing while investigating the religion and the house suddenly vanished from the mountain. It's rumoured to have been spotted amidst the fog.

Katashiro Shrine, a shrine in the centre of Shirazu Forest with a lot of dolls. It's been empty for ages, and no one knows why the dolls are there. Kids' ghosts play there, the dolls talk, and a girl with white hair and a doll stares at you, so the rumours go.

Tunnel/caves, which stretch beneath the island. The mountain was seen as the human body and the cave thing seen as the inside, where water (and gods) dwell, so it was called the... womb cave? Sounds familiar...

Hikami Tunnel, a tunnel that was built with the intention of ferrying tourists to the top of the mountain. Water from the caves flooded the tunnels during construction and many workers died. construction began again later, but the entire mountain was abandoned, so it was closed down.

Bathroom, where Yuuri meets a ghost!!!!

In terms of gameplay:

Wetness - comes from rain, taking attacks, being in water obviously etc., which fills the wetness meter. Wetter you are the stronger your spirit power is, other powerups to the camera. OTOH, your defence lowers and you encounter more ghosts, so it's risky. Wetness clears up over time, but if you want to fix it right away you can use the "purifying flame" lantern.

If you take an attack from a ghost in "yomi nure" status, you too will enter it, which lowers your defence and gradually your HP too, as well as messing up your vision. This too can be cured with the purifying flame, or you can defeat all ghosts, leave the area, etc. Up to you.

Also, if you touch a ghost as they're "dying", you can view a past scene of how they died. You can also touch them during special attacks. If you're successful, you can beat the ghost regardless of their HP. Most ghosts are unique with their own past, and you can form a sort of "collection" of these death videos.

• midwinter, Rheo, Hex and 5 others like this

AAHOrHo.gif

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:18 PM

omg omg omg

tbh I wasn't a fan of the idea, but it's still very cool to have a definite answer! Now I wonder how it's going to play out...

I am so surprised they revealed this before the game came out, though. I was expecting them to keep us in suspense.

Shiragiku is an awesome name. <3

ETA: MIKU

#3 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

omg 

hello miku ;-;  

onion's looking even creepier so tiny, but it looks so nice aaah

#4 OFFLINE   Aya

Aya

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

OMG Miku

ffsigcopy.jpg

OpZero founder 43e63ebfa83c600b448ddba04293c00d-d4x76wf

#5 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

I AM IMPRESSED.

oh, could we also expect to see Rei too?

and... if you notice this...

Shiragiku's bg box is red while the other characters are in blue. why is that?

she wears a black kimono. her hair is white.

opposite to the black-haired maiden, black hair and white kimono.

she's small and young...? but the maiden is tall and ... old? @_@

yin yang? XD

p.s. she's with a boy. must be one of those romantic moments that we may see... >A<

(reminds me of Ai's backstory in Jigoku Shoujo~ o.o)

AH! we are seeing something. LOL XDD

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#6 OFFLINE   Elyonum

Elyonum

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:21 PM

NOOOOO NOT MIKU~ -sobs- 
I'm happy to see her again, but wow the spirit world never seems to give her a break, does it? Jeez~

I'm loving the ideas behind the mechanics! Wetness huh...
The areas also sounds super creepy and varied! AGHH I NEED TO SEE THIS GAME <3

bff2gl.jpg

Sweetness~ 

#7 OFFLINE   Lolita

Lolita

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

Wow...why does Miku look so young?  :huh:

I hope its just her spirit 

Anyway, the water effect sounds really cool and different

#8 OFFLINE   Aya

Aya

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:43 PM

Japanese age very well ;p

Wow...why does Miku look so young?  :huh:

I hope its just her spirit 

Anyway, the water effect sounds really cool and different

ffsigcopy.jpg

OpZero founder 43e63ebfa83c600b448ddba04293c00d-d4x76wf

#9 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

Aaaaaaah I'm so glad to see Miku again! And it's nice to find out more about Onion-san :D

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#10 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:59 PM

I still mostly just want to yell "OMG MIKU" very loudly, but I'll try to pull myself together.

I am so thrilled about all these different locations. So much exploring to do! And there seems to be such a variety, as well. I'm especially excited about Watarai Mansion - an entire folklorist's mansion just for us. :wub:  And cable cars are always wonderful no matter what they're in. Eeeee. This sounds like an absolute blast, I can't wait to play it.

I love Shiragiku, too. She looks a lot younger than I was expecting. Considering the website footage that shows her participating in the black box ritual, I wonder if this whole "raven-haired" theme is actually a kind of ironic misdirection, and she with her white hair turns out to be the big bad - perhaps the black stuff inside the box transforms her somehow, and the white-haired version is a flashback, like little Kirie.

• Rheo and roventiar like this

#11 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:11 PM

I love Shiragiku, too. She looks a lot younger than I was expecting. Considering the website footage that shows her participating in the black box ritual, I wonder if this whole "raven-haired" theme is actually a kind of ironic misdirection, and she with her white hair turns out to be the big bad - perhaps the black stuff inside the box transforms her somehow, and the white-haired version is a flashback, like little Kirie.

ohh, now I'm beginning to wonder too... so like you meant that maybe the raven-haired maiden is the grown-up Shiragiku? (got used to saying black ... I'm bad at color shades though)

but in one of the trailer scenes, we see that Yuuri encounters her, who is showing off her doll. Hmm... then maybe that's just something else?

lol an interesting idea... we'll have to wait for the game >w<

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#12 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

I second the excitement over locations, this sounds amazing.  I thought having the woods, shop and hot spring was a lot as it is, but this is going to be so much fun to explore.  The "yomi nure" attack sounds really interesting and I like you have multiple ways to deal with it so it's not completely forced on you like the Miasma.  I need to play thisss.

and oh btw MIKU

#13 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

I always knew she was Miku's daughter c:

I can't wait to see her older ^^

And I think Shiragiku is gonna be my favorite character (or ghost?) in FF5 =) I love her kimono ♥

Also, that idea of ghosts' death scenes ''collection'' is amazing =DDD

198003testsakuya.png

#14 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 267 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

Oh ! I am super hyped~! 

Love how Onion-san Shiragiku looks much younger than I expected ^^ And can't wait to hear more about these characters background. And all of the locations! I thought there was so much to explore before and now there is even more.

And I love how Miku really is Miu's mother. And she looks more mature and I'm so glad she is in the game! The supernatural things has followed through her life, so maybe now she really gets her ending she deserves. 

I wan't to play this game so bad !~ :'3

#15 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

MIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm both happy she's back but sad because that means she's been missing.  ;_;

All these new gameplay mechanics!  This looks so cool!  I want to play it and explore it so badly!!!!!!

#16 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:57 PM

I love everything, the game seems like it's going to be huge. I love Miku especially, I mean, it's Miku! Actually Miku!

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#17 OFFLINE   MaruDashi

MaruDashi

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

squeeeeeee, so happy!

But, given that Miu is Miku's daughter, we have a fairly firm game date of late 90's-early 2000s [assuming she had her daughter shortly after FF3], so I would imagine technology would pop up int he game. Its interesting they did such a big time leap fromt he first 4 [all in the 80's] to something a bit more modern.

I also really like the 'wet' feature. Name is a little silly, but still a cool feature. It should make game play a little more challenging given you have the choice of weaker attacks but stronger defense or stronger attacks with weaker defense. Getting to see how the ghosts die via flash-back if touched is amazing. There were so many faceless ghosts in the previous game that we could only speculate on how they died, or learned about their death via note.

Lots of a new little features that I'm looking forward to.

As for miss onion, I like the idea that she went in 'pure' with her white hair and maybe was kept in the box for years?? turning her hair black and 'corrupt'.

technologiccopy.png

#18 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

As for miss onion, I like the idea that she went in 'pure' with her white hair and maybe was kept in the box for years?? turning her hair black and 'corrupt'.

A possible theory, but I wonder...

How about the height? O: Shiragiku is small though... how is this going to work in the box if the raven-haired maiden is actually her in some years XD

or maybe the box is bigger than she is, giving her a few space for other movements? @w@

Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#19 OFFLINE   MaruDashi

MaruDashi

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

A possible theory, but I wonder...

How about the height? O: Shiragiku is small though... how is this going to work in the box if the raven-haired maiden is actually her in some years XD

or maybe the box is bigger than she is, giving her a few space for other movements? @w@

What if maybe whatevers in the box, this 'black water' [as it looks like the water pouring out in the trailer was black] possesses the person put into it, maybe turning them into a 'God' [much like the idea of the twin sacrifice ritual, turning the other into a butterfly/god] and thus alters the body much like in FF2?

technologiccopy.png

#20 OFFLINE   Lolita

Lolita

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

Or she ended up contorting herself...

Anyway this really makes me wonder; could this be the first game with no one main character?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Article, Locations, Miu Hinasaki, Miku Hinasaki, Shiragiku, Haruka Momose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users