Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.
thomas06 : (25 July 2020 - 10:32 PM) Hey Guys!
NuMetalWolf : (30 August 2020 - 09:46 AM) It's been 6 years.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:36 PM) 12, actually. I wasn't counting the time i spent here before the move out.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:39 PM) To whoever reads this, I wish you all good luck.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:46 PM) Stay safe, everyone.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:47 PM) Bye.
suprimeking : (07 November 2020 - 02:02 PM) hey is discord working for everyone else
NuMetalWolf : (21 November 2020 - 03:15 PM) I don't think there's been anyone on this site in a long time. This is sad.
Rheo : (08 December 2020 - 03:40 PM) no one's actually saying anything in the posts either
ItsukiFace : (10 December 2020 - 03:04 PM) The site's just going through a bit of a dry spell, I'm sure the tempo will pick up soon enough.
ItsukiFace : (30 December 2020 - 06:34 AM) Happy Holidays, BCL Family!
Meital : (06 January 2021 - 01:54 PM) It's 2021 and 20th anniversary for Fatal Frame series this year! I missed you guys!
Tigermausbaer : (06 January 2021 - 11:54 PM) Hello, i wish everyone a happy new year!

Photo

Question about Mafuyu

Mafuyu Hinasaki Fatal Frame Project Zero Theory

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kaelin

Kaelin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Maybe I'm just missing something and maybe I'll make a fool of myself~ I don't know if this is in any books or has been explained/asked before but is there any actual solid story about what happened to Mafuyu after Kirie got him in the beginning of the game?

I haven't touched the game in a little while but after the intro, Miku is like "it's been 2 weeks since...". 2 weeks is a long time for Mafuyu to be in the mansion alone no? He's also camera-less and yet he's still wondering around the mansion as a living entity or a ghost? at the point where you first encounter long arms. Did he run from all the hostile ghosts or did Kirie protect him. Why was he free to wonder in the first place and just what did he do in his time there.

This might also be a good time to ask why long arms and Mafuyu didn't collide during that cutscene. Did long arms possess the ability to create illusions and used Mafuyu as "bate" so to speak. As we know he snatched away the kids. I also recall the possible time warping in the game which I think was explained in one of the notes left by Mafuyu. I imagine a lot of this would've been explained had the side quests been left in but jeez. My brain Dx

If you have any word on this or speculation I'd like to read them.

output_Q0vP4Q_zps1d14064a.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

IIRC the explanation was that since he looked so much like Kirie's lover she protected him and led him to her so they could be together - so it was basically complete luck that she didn't just curse him on the spot. If he'd had a haircut the day before he set off he might have been dead by the time Miku got there. The only real explanation we get for the time after this is that he was wandering around, being led by her towards the Hell Gate, and that Miku could see him due to the time loop. I don't think they do go into any more detail, really? I'm pretty sure he was still alive at that point, though.

AAHOrHo.gif

#3 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

I remember ages back we had a topic similar, and someone proposed a rather brilliant theory of mafuyu and mike being trapped in sort of two different time realities. I liked the idea of time working differently for mafuyu, and it did a great job of the idea that mafuyu was appearing ghostlike to miku as she was appearing ghostlike to him.

#4 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I remember ages back we had a topic similar, and someone proposed a rather brilliant theory of mafuyu and mike being trapped in sort of two different time realities. I liked the idea of time working differently for mafuyu, and it did a great job of the idea that mafuyu was appearing ghostlike to miku as she was appearing ghostlike to him.

Mike Hinasaki:

Attached Thumbnails

• Mike Hinasaki.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   Kaelin

Kaelin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

By the end of the game is Mafuyu already dead (before the cave-in)? or is that unknown. :I I can't imagine him sitting around in a cave for 2 weeks doing nothing at all. I would like to think he did something in the mansion after he was caught. Something along the lines of waking up in a room, sort've like night 2, and progressing through some of the rooms give or take a puzzle. Because Kirie mistakes him for her loved one I can't really see her just locking him away, you know?

But thanks for the info :)

Many laughs later...

I feel like this could be a fun game :I the creation of Mike.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mike Hinasaki.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

He's alive for the whole two weeks.  Don't forget, Miku sees Mafuyu exploring the mansion the deeper she goes, and he writes whatever he pieces together about Kirie, Takamine's Group, the Munakatas, even Blinded.  He wasn't trapped outside the Hell Gate for a fortnight (though the image is kind of hilarious), but getting there without the camera probably took him the same amount of time.

And I think people have been accidentally calling Miku "Mike" since the release.  Poor thing.  c:

#7 Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*

Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

like others have said i think kirie maybe protected him from the other ghosts, according to her he be her lover returned after all, and i highly doubt she wouldve wanted him to die again

it seems she be like "top dog", being the most powerful ghost, maybe she had powers to stop the others from attacking him, or influence them some way, who knows.

#8 OFFLINE   Kaelin

Kaelin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

I see I see. Yeah I just couldn't see him sitting around doing next to nothing in his time there. He did mention in one of his notes (I think) that if you walk and are quiet then Blinded won't attack but then if he's having to sneak by Blinded, then Kirie can't be protecting him, at least not all the time. Which I guess makes sense because Kirie goes after Miku every now and then.

But I guess that's all we know at this point? He was there, he did something probably along the lines of take and run, and he got to the end o.o. I like to think it's somewhat along the lines of Kei's gameplay with the hiding. Makes for an interesting side game... it's just a shame they didn't expand on it and scrapped a bunch.

#9 Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*

Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

I see I see. Yeah I just couldn't see him sitting around doing next to nothing in his time there. He did mention in one of his notes (I think) that if you walk and are quiet then Blinded won't attack but then if he's having to sneak by Blinded, then Kirie can't be protecting him, at least not all the time. Which I guess makes sense because Kirie goes after Miku every now and then.

But I guess that's all we know at this point? He was there, he did something probably along the lines of take and run, and he got to the end o.o. I like to think it's somewhat along the lines of Kei's gameplay with the hiding. Makes for an interesting side game... it's just a shame they didn't expand on it and scrapped a bunch.

i be quite amazed he got the end at all without a camera, and kirie not being able to hold his hand all the time, maybe little kirie helped like how she helped miku

#10 OFFLINE   Kaelin

Kaelin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Yeah it is amazing but I guess with all the help quite a lot of it was a walk in the park. I think it would probably be possible for Miku, too, give or take a required boss fight (Headless Priest for example) but in Mafuyu's case I guess they would be afraid of or listen to Kirie. There are many problems I feel because the same items are needed for Miku to get there. The only real explaination is this time loop/warp, which might also explain that Angry Mask "bug". But I don't want to apply time to everything that's questionable xD.

When I think about how there are 2 Kirie spirits... there must be more than one instance of time in the mansion? possibly depending on the day of the week/month. If that was the case then I imagine things would've played out a lot differently for Mafuyu than they did for Miku. He might've even encountered something entirly different and new.

But I guess that's all I wanted to know. If there was anything documented about what he did, the items he obtained and the areas he certainly did visit (besides what we know from cutscenes).

Here's me wishing PZ had the zapping system :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mafuyu Hinasaki, Fatal Frame, Project Zero, Theory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users