Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C

Photo

Ghosts and combat

Fatal Frame V Ghosts Camera Obscura

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Ghosts and combat (24 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of the new ghosts?

1. They're pretty scary. (8 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Nothing too creepy so far. (2 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Voted They look interesting. (14 votes [58.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

4. I don't like them. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

How does the gamepad as the Camera Obscura look?

1. Voted It's a perfect fit. (13 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

2. Some features look better than others. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. I'd have to play it for myself. (10 votes [41.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

4. I'd rather a controller. (1 votes [4.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

Who's Camera is nicer: Hisoka's or Ren's?

1. Voted Hisoka's ftw. (20 votes [83.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. Ren's ftw. (4 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:45 AM

After a literal tidal wave of amazing from that trailer, how could I not make a poll?  \o/

We got a look at the new cameras, ghosts and combat which is roughly 99% of what these games are about (incest being the 1%!) so how do you think they did?  Any major improvements from the past Wii games you can see or are you more concerned?  Do you have a favourite ghost so far?  

#2 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 204 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:51 AM

I'm really sceptical about wiipad as camera, but I think it's something you just have to try it out for yourself and get used to, like wiimote. I know my friends who don't play wii too often always get messed up with the fourth game's and wii edition's controls.

Overall the combat looks really nice, I like that it looks really "intense" and ghosts "aggressive", much like in fourth game when they were blooming.

So far my favorite ghosts are the two miko's that can be seen in trailer around 2:20+ in the bridge. They look really interesting!
And naturally Onion-san, but not sure yet if she's the hostile type :D

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#3 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

I really like a lot of the new designs in general, I find that hair-stuck-to-skin look that a lot of the ghosts have due to the water pretty creepy, and the fights seem a bit more aggressive and intense than usual, which is something I've wanted for a while.

Some of them look a little dull however, like the old guy who is like a mixture of the wandering monk and the FF2 villagers, and the normal looking people (I've no idea how to phrase that any better). Also, as much as the falling lady scare is pretty cool, who thought it was a good idea to make her face so goofy?  Another thing is that I think the viewfinder design is a little cluttered, especially considering the WiiU pad screen is small enough without the border and lines clogging up the screen. I also don't like the charging circle design, which is ridiculously petty, but its something I've come to look forward to from game to game :P

I have a few favourite ghosts so far, like the spiritual successor to woman in box, woman under box, headdress and the other ghost that comes out of the box with all the hair.

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#4 OFFLINE   JJStorm

JJStorm

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:06 PM

I feel the new ghosts lack of something. I liked the FF4 ghosts slightly better due to they are normal looking while walking towards you, but suddenly their facial expression change into intense/horrify look when they about to grab(fatal frame chance) you. Examples would be Kazuto Amaki (the kid) and Fuyuko Shiratsuki (the nurse).

#5 OFFLINE   Lafaera

Lafaera

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

I think that I really need to try the pad controls for myself before deciding. Even with the Wiimote I found that it was kind of hit and miss whether I liked it for games or not. (I like it a lot for Fatal Frame 4!)

Does anyone know if there's options to change the user interface on the pad? It looks kind of cluttered right now, but a lot of games give you options to take things off the screen.

#6 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

I like the ghost designs...for the most part.  They all look pretty creepy but that falling woman's face is just...urg it's so ridiculous looking.  That face is not spooky at all and is just funny looking.  I really like how the ghosts seem more aggressive in this game.  That's a good way to make up for the characters faster running speeds this time around. The environments however are absolutely beautiful and I want to explore them so badly.

Like with Yashuu I don't really like how the charging capture circle looks in this game.  Very minor but it doesn't form a full circle and that reminds me of the proximity based charge in Fatal Frame 2 which I didn't like.  So I'm really hoping that they haven't returned to that system.

I'd have to try the controls out for myself to really be able to tell if they made good use of it or not.  The idea of motion controls for the camera is a great one but they didn't make use of it the way they should have in 4 and DCB so I'm a bit concerned they might have made these controls awkward as well.  If the controls work like they did in Spirit Camera (except give me a quick turn option in camera mode please) then I'll be really happy because the gyro controls for that game are amazing and are my favorite thing about it.

#7 OFFLINE   AmethystRain

AmethystRain

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:58 PM

The ghost designs look fine to me.The only ghost I have a problem with is the falling woman's..that face is just laughable.Who thought that was okay?As for the combat,I like that the ghost seem more aggressive than in previous entries in the series.I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about the controls;I just hope it isnt too awkward.

#8 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 433 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:43 AM

I've only played a couple hours of the wiimake of the 2nd game and i've never used the wiiU gamepad yet, so I haven't had the time to get used to the series being on a wii system. I enjoyed using te 3DS as the camera obscura in Spirit Camera, but that game was seriously lacking in features and such. As of right now, i'm very skeptical of the gamepad and honestly would rather there be the option to use the gamepad OR play in an "original" mode with a controller. It does look very interesting though, especially having to turn the camera!

As far as ghosts go, i've only watched the new trailer on my phone so it was kind of hard to see. Nothing has absolutely terrified me yet, but seeing the nearly headless and bloodied ghost of whats-her-fave behind Yuuri in the first trailer gave me goosebumps for a minute.

So far, i prefer the camera Yuuri uses because it is most similar in design to the one from the 2nd game which is my favorite. I do like that Ren's is so different though, like the camera from Spirit Camera. I'm all for new designs as long as they make sense!

#9 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 273 posts
  • Location???

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:14 PM

The battles  look really intense and I like that,I hope that the ghosts will be  hard to beat.I like the idea of the gamepad and I always supported a WiiU FF and that it will be cool to use the gamepad as the camera but now that i saw the TV trailers of the game it kind of looks annoying having to look down to fight.I dont mean that it will make you dizzy because when an aggressive ghost appears most of the time you are using the camera.But you know the wiiU's gamepad screen isn't the largest,t is kind of small actually,I am not very sure if it will be fun changning to the small screen when you are fighting,you might be loosing ghost details and things like that.But again I have to try it by my self,it might be really fun.

I feel the new ghosts lack of something. I liked the FF4 ghosts slightly better due to they are normal looking while walking towards you, but suddenly their facial expression change into intense/horrify look when they about to grab(fatal frame chance) you. Examples would be Kazuto Amaki (the kid) and Fuyuko Shiratsuki (the nurse).

I like that too,both in FFIV and FFIII(when they were attacking you tattoes were appearing all over their bodies).

Some of them look a little dull however

I will also agree with that too,some of them look really interesting but they miss something that i cant figure it out.

Edited by GreekShadow, 14 September 2014 - 10:14 PM.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#10 OFFLINE   gekkai

gekkai

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:24 PM

I like the new graphics of the game. The ghosts are as scary as ever. I see that they have carried forward their distorted expressions when attacking from Fatal Frame IV. Which is both a good but scary thing. Frankly speaking, the mechanics of using the Wii U controller is pretty interesting. However, I'm kind of lazy. I usually play games in a relaxed posture with my controller resting on my thighs. I already had trouble playing in my usual position for Fatal Frame IV with the wii nunchucks and wii remote. I guess I won't be able to laze around as I play the new fatal frame.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Ghosts, Camera Obscura

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users