Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo

"鳥籠 in this cage" extended preview

Fatal Frame V Amano Tsuki Soundtrack

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   JJStorm

JJStorm

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:02 PM

I'm picturing a ending credit roll with this song in my mind, sounds beautiful.

Is it me or is the song cut off or sound different @4:10?

#22 OFFLINE   LadyHepatica

LadyHepatica

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:48 AM

The song went so well with the trailer. I'm in love with the intro.

Edited by LadyHepatica, 18 September 2014 - 03:48 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   soqna1

soqna1

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:22 AM

I saw it before the extended preview was released. And the song is not repeating itself. It really has lyrics. AND BTW THE LYRICS ARE FREAKING AMAZING. YOU SHOULD CHECK IT OUT.

#24 OFFLINE   sora2522

sora2522

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:05 AM

Is it me or does the bit around the end of the chorus sound like the end of Utakata's chorus or... one of her other songs? I can't remember which, but it sounds really familiar... somehow...

Melodically, the first thing I thought of at that part was the chorus for Kakan (from A MOON CHILD IN THE SKY)? That's if I had to choose a song it reminded me of. It's not dead-on exact, but that was my first thought listening to the snippetin the trailer

Listening to the leaked version, I agree wih everyone in thinking it's slightly underwhelming, but I feel like that could just be the quality of the song (which makes a HUGE difference). But it does also have a slightly toned down Tsuki sound, compared to her more bombastic Tsukiko works, and that could be a factor? Cuz I mean, Kurenai was also more toned-down in my opinion. I'm just happy she's still working with the series though <3

#25 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 267 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

I am actually quite surprised how it turned out in the trailer. I was a little uncertain if it's going to fit to the game that well (I wasn't that sure about those English parts), but it did. And it surely did fit very well.

I love the song this far and I can't wait to hear the whole song.! ^^

#26 OFFLINE   roventiar

roventiar

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

http://v.youku.com/v...Y0NzMxODY0.html

鳥籠 -in this cage-  Full Version 

Here's a full version of the Fatal Frame 5 theme. It's low quality as it's a leak.

#27 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 267 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

http://v.youku.com/v...Y0NzMxODY0.html

鳥籠 -in this cage-  Full Version 

Here's a full version of the Fatal Frame 5 theme. It's low quality as it's a leak.

I love it ! I might became one of my favorite Tsukiko Amano's songs ^^

I hope the better quality version will come soon, so I can listen it like.. forever :'D  This is so Fatal Frame and once again Tsukiko pulled it out fantastic ;>

The only thing: It doesn't have "that" thing like Chou and Koe had, that feeling that makes me almost cry. But maybe I need to see it 'in action' so I can really say what I think about it. ^^

#28 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 508 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

I really like it. It isn't haunting it is more light hearted sort of 'I am a survivor and there is hope and things WILL get better.' It feels optimistic. Amano has some great songs that pull off this vibe and some fall short. I think this song falls in the former.

I can understand the build up aspect, but we don't know how the song fits with the end. Build up may not be what the ending warrants.

Still I think its a great song.

Oh one more thing. I feel amano's haunting music is great for being stuck in an old fashioned spiritual place. This game has more of a modern vibe (even the location is a throwaway in the middle of nowhere).

I don't know my two cents, but I like it. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Amano Tsuki, Soundtrack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users