Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) I'm fine.
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.

Photo

"鳥籠 in this cage" extended preview

Fatal Frame V Amano Tsuki Soundtrack

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

Otokura have posted an extended preview of the ending song by Tsuki Amano:

The sung parts sound quite different from the instrumental intro. What do you think of it?

• Yashuu and Hex like this

#2 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Vampire Slayer in Training

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

Thats pretty good, I cant wait to hear both full versions of this and Higanbana when they come out

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#3 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

Is it me or does the bit around the end of the chorus sound like the end of Utakata's chorus or... one of her other songs? I can't remember which, but it sounds really familiar... somehow...

I... don't know. I don't either like or dislike it, just kind of... bored by it? I'll probably like it once I listen to it more, and at least it sounds less like her more recent stuff, but... no magic in it for me at all. I liked the preview better. I like the instrumental bits a lot more than the singing bits so, however unlikely, I hope they release an instrumental (for once!!!). With the intro I was hoping it would start out slowish like her other songs and then break out into massive guitar or whatever during the chorus, but it's all just kind of slow slow slow with nothing really happening. I mean the slowness isn't the problem, but... I don't know! I don't have words! Like... I was hoping it would start off like the preview instrumental and build up from there, not... build down, you know? So I'm hoping they're hiding something in there. But I don't think they are. Oh well. It... it's kind of disappointing because it constantly feels like it's ABOUT to break through into something I really like, and then never does. It's like Kurenai. I'd happily listen to it in the game, but outside of that I'd play it maybe 3 times and never really look back.

AAHOrHo.gif

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

I think I'll like it more once I play through the game, but right now it sounds a bit weird compared to the other songs she's done.  I won't knock it until I can judge if it fits, but my first impressions are a little underwhelmed.  

#5 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 429 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

I think its beautiful
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

It does drop off a bit after the intro, though to be fair I can't really see how it would continue to build up after that and then sustain it for the entire song. Maybe the strings section should have been saved for later instead of put right at the beginning? But after the subdued verse I really did like the chorus; I think that paid off.

It... it's kind of disappointing because it constantly feels like it's ABOUT to break through into something I really like, and then never does.

Ha, that's pretty much exactly how Higanbana makes me feel! I do like this one better.

#7 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

It does drop off a bit after the intro, though to be fair I can't really see how it would continue to build up after that and then sustain it for the entire song. Maybe the strings section should have been saved for later instead of put right at the beginning?

That's precisely what I wish they'd done. After hearing the extended preview I felt like they'd kind of played their best card at the very start and couldn't really impress me any more than that. If they had previewed a bit of the vocals and then dropped in the intro now I would probably be liking it more.

AAHOrHo.gif

#8 OFFLINE   JJStorm

JJStorm

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

Idk, I still think its a beautiful song. I hope they add something like end of "Koe" into the climax.

• CakeCorpse likes this

#9 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:32 PM

I've listened to it a couple of times over and it's already grown on me.  Looking back on it, I didn't like Koe the first time I heard it, too, so it's more me just being weird.  

#10 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:13 PM

I think it sounds great. Amano has as beautiful voice as ever, the song is very "her" and very "Fatal Frame".

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#11 OFFLINE   CakeCorpse

CakeCorpse

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:14 PM

Idk, I still think its a beautiful song. I hope they add something like end of "Koe" into the climax.

Exactly why "Koe" is my favorite end song from the series. 

From the extended sample its definitely very similar to the others but I agree that I don't think its all that engaging. I hope maybe there's more in the full version but for now...eh.

Edited by CakeCorpse, 11 September 2014 - 11:14 PM.

Pixel art by: buta774

#12 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:58 AM

very "Fatal Frame".

I dont understand. What is very "Fatal Frame" because its Amano?

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#13 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:02 AM

I think it's beautiful.  It's not like her usual slowly builds up to fast paced music but it also feels...right to me.  Like it's a different emotion compared to her usual songs and it feels like it stays right on the best part of the song for me once it reaches the chorus.  I'll have to hear the full version to fairly judge but so far I'm liking it like I like most of her songs.

#14 OFFLINE   SeventhSin

SeventhSin

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

I think it really fits! Though, I was watching the trailer muted while I had the song running, so it might have helped with seeing a good connection between the two. I really like it! 8D It'll be neat when the rest of the song comes out, the final chorus is always really powerful (which is why it's used in most trailers for most songs that way) so hearing the song placed to the trailer like that will be awesome. I can't wait to hear it completed! :3

Edited by SeventhSin, 13 September 2014 - 11:44 AM.

7JIfQui.gif

RIP Monty Oum - 02/01/15
Your inspirational influence won't soon be forgotten.

#15 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:13 PM

I really like it, it's a beautiful song! =)

The song seems to be joyful, does it presages a good ending? ... :)

198003testsakuya.png

#16 OFFLINE   GreekShadow

GreekShadow

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 236 posts
  • LocationGreece/Athens

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

I like it!I am kind of dissapointed too,I was expecting something else.The refren is pretty indifferent,I am looking forward to listening to the whole song though,I might like it much more.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#17 OFFLINE   Chuiga

Chuiga

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

Argh, I wanna hear the whole song, this teaser was really nice, I like it. This will be awesome with right scene.

#18 OFFLINE   soqna1

soqna1

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

Actually, it didn't take me much to find it. If you want to listen to the full song, it has leaked dunno when. 

http://v.youku.com/v...Y0NzMxODY0.html

#19 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:48 PM

What. Is that for real? It's so weird.

Thank you for sharing the link! I'm just a bit :huh: .

#20 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

I was a little skeptical because it might have been a loop edit (fake) but it sounds pretty legit to me.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Amano Tsuki, Soundtrack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users