Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C

Photo

Famitsu 28/8

Fatal Frame V Article Miu Hinasaki Ren Hojo Hisoka Kurosawa Rui Kagamiya

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

New Ruffles image sneaked away inside Famitsu:

ruffles_zpsfbb7397a.png

http://i1299.photobu...e4.png~original

We have three main characters:

Yuuri Kozukata (不来方夕利). We already know all of this, except she goes to the mountain to search for the owner of the shop, Hisoka Kurosawa. Voiced by Risa Tawata.

Miu Hinasaki (雛咲深羽), a girl searching for her missing mother, who vanished when she was a child. Yes, she's Ruffles. She's never known the love of parents and feels empty. Heads to the mountain believing her mother is there. Voiced by Maaya Uchida.

Ren Hojo (放生蓮), aka The Dude. He's a failure of an author who's known Yuuri for ages. He's quite whimsical and is scolded by his assistant for it. He hears of a custom involving burial photos, and goes to the mountain to research for his new book. Voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki.

Other characters:

Hisoka Kurosawa (黒澤密花), owner of the shop, who uses kagemi skills to search for lost things. Goes to the mountain to look for a missing girl and vanishes. Voiced by Atsuko Tanaka.

Rui Kagamiya (鏡宮累), Ren's assistant. She respects him, calling him sensei, and as well as helping him out she thinks of him as family. Voiced by Maaya Sakamoto.

LOCATIONS:

There are three main locations the player can explore at the start, like the forest and buildings around the mountain.
These are:

Mikomori Onsen: An abandoned old, big house known as a famous ghost spot where lots of ghosts are.

Kurosawa Antiques: Also a cafe! Yuuri lives and works here. People come here to request lost things be found, or have their fortunes told by Hisoka.

Shirazu no Mori (Unknown Forest): A forest in the mountain. Ever since it became famous as a suicide spot, there's been a big fence around it, which people sneak in through. There are also rumours of a murderer hiding inside...

• midwinter, Rheo, Yashuu and 6 others like this

AAHOrHo.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 297 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

I am so glad ! Finally new information, places and NAMES ! ^^ And full picture of Miu~!

I wonder if Miu is some kind of related to Miku ;> 

Ohhh, I am so hyped right now~

Edited by Meital, 27 August 2014 - 04:18 PM.

• roventiar likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

• 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

http://i1299.photobu...3e.png~original

Game plays out a bit like mission mode, where you choose your mission (you can replay it however much you like) and then you unlock new missions. Once you complete the chapter goals, you get the next chapter. 

Your goal is to find people. Each person has different reasons for going to the mountain and getting there, so you'll have to gather as much info about them as you can.

You can use something that's like a "scent" of a person from things like a hair, their documents etc. that aids your "kagemi".

Then you use your clues to search for them. If you chase the memories of them you'll find them, so you have to follow their past footsteps.

When you find them and "bring them back" from their spiriting away, it's mission complete, but you'll have to watch out for the ghosts lurking...

You can also use your "ghost sight" to find hints from ghosts. Looks kind of like hidden ghosts in other games.

Gameplay is on the TV, the map is on the gamepad.

The touch system for picking up items is back. As are ghost hands.

AAHOrHo.gif

#4 OFFLINE   Elyonum

Elyonum

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 121 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

Oh my goodness what a wealth of new information!

Also, Kurosawa? Hinasaki? Are we seeing some...DISTANT (OR NOT SO DISTANT?) FAMILY?? ~dramatic music~ 
Ok I know Rei was a Kurosawa and had nothing to do with Sae but a girl can dream. It's too coincidental xD

Your goal is to find people. Each person has different reasons for going to the mountain and getting there, so you'll have to gather as much info about them as you can.

Oh my god this sounds incredibly cool, what an interesting and different spin!! :D

Edited by Elyonum, 27 August 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

Oh my goodness, there is so much here! :o

I really hope Ruffles isn't Miku's daughter (and I guess I'm going to have to stop calling her Ruffles now, huh?), if only because Miku getting spirited away would make me so sad.

The gameplay sounds INCREDIBLE, sort of like the missions in Siren. It's such a big change for the series, but I really hope it works out.

Also, WTF, the necktie person is a girl? I seriously thought it was a young boy, omg.

I cannot believe they brought the friggin ghost hands back again. Someone at Nintendo is really into that idea.

#6 OFFLINE   mudkip25

mudkip25

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

Who could Miu be? Miku's cousin? Miku's niece? or even... MIKU'S DAUGHTER????????????

#7 OFFLINE   niaamakura

niaamakura

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 21 posts
  • LocationElympios

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

Okay  playable dude I'm so happy, and his seiyuu is Suzuki Tatsuhisa!! X'D

Also a hinasaki too, so excited here ><

#8 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

So, so pleased with the other characters, they look amazing.  Genuinely taken aback by Miu's last name, so we'll see where that goes.  The idea of missions you take and replay sounds so refreshing and something this series needed, honestly.  I really hope this lends into being able to go back and forth from the shop (aaah) to the mountain, maybe even factoring in day and midnight like midwinter suggested.  

#9 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 297 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

Also, WTF, the necktie person is a girl? I seriously thought it was a young boy, omg.

I cannot believe they brought the friggin ghost hands back again. Someone at Nintendo is really into that idea.

I was also surprised that she was a girl :o I thought she was young boy, but this makes it more interesting. ^^

And I hope that Hinasaki and Kurosawa are related to Miku (her daughter..?) and Rei :3 Also yay for the playable dude. Just hope he is more useful than Kei.. x3

#10 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

I really hope Ruffles isn't Miku's daughter (and I guess I'm going to have to stop calling her Ruffles now, huh?), if only because Miku getting spirited away would make me so sad.

The gameplay sounds INCREDIBLE, sort of like the missions in Siren. It's such a big change for the series, but I really hope it works out.

omg if this plays like a Siren/Fatal Frame crossover I'll pretty much just die, I'm so hyped right now.

and there's a writer with an assistant we almost have a tamon/yoriko thing going on here 

Edited by Yashuu, 27 August 2014 - 04:35 PM.

• Hex likes this

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#11 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

• 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

Missed this in my excitement! Amano confirmed to be contributing a song also! More when we get it!

• Hex and Teen Bulma like this

AAHOrHo.gif

#12 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 297 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Missed this in my excitement! Amano confirmed to be contributing a song also! More when we get it!

Ohhhhh, all of the things I wanted ~! That's awesome~!

#13 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

I really hope Ruffles isn't Miku's daughter

Unlike you, I really hope she's Miku's daughter x)

But... If she IS her daughter... then the game takes place somes years after all the FF games... interesting =)

198003testsakuya.png

#14 OFFLINE   Aya

Aya

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

I had posted the kanji of the names on the game's unofficial FB page, and I was about to share it here, and then I refresh and you have it already. haha

ffsigcopy.jpg

OpZero founder 43e63ebfa83c600b448ddba04293c00d-d4x76wf

#15 OFFLINE   NightmarePictures001

NightmarePictures001

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 187 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

Oh gosh sjlksdksdndsjnnlasdnlnfdjhgfrhfs So excited! I wish I had a Wii U ;_;. I wonder then if this game takes place today. Like in 2013 or even 2016?

#16 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

I want it i want it i want it I want it i want it i want it I want it i want it i want it I want it i want it i want it. Seriously this game looks and sounds brilliant this is the kind of unique game people have been asking forward nintendo please localise this game. I dunno if its just me or is the character models are very well detailed, like the skin for example. If no localisation announcement comes this year chances are ill buy a japanese wii u
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

#17 OFFLINE   Aya

Aya

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

不知の森 = Shirazu no Mori

水籠 温泉 = Mikomori Onsen

骨董 喫茶 = Kottou Kissa (Antique Cafe)

• ceratopsians likes this

ffsigcopy.jpg

#18 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

OMFG! I thought it said MIKU not Miu. I was jumping up and down on my chair out of joy thinking it was Miku till I took a closer look >.>
But anyway! Ruffles has a name now!

Yay! 1 more song to add in my updated Zero fan CD ^_^

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#19 OFFLINE   Aya

Aya

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

She did say she just finished recording a new mini-album. Yay so excited! :3

Yuuri Kozukata (不来方夕利). We already know all of this, except she goes to the mountain to search for the owner of the shop, Hisoka Kurosawa. Voiced by Risa Tawata.

I believe the VA is "Risa Taneda"

ffsigcopy.jpg

#20 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 204 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

I'm so excited! I'm literally shaking! Aaaaaaaah I wish it would come out already, I can't wait to play it!

Unlike you, I really hope she's Miku's daughter x)

But... If she IS her daughter... then the game takes place somes years after all the FF games... interesting =)

Agreed! I really hope she's Miku's daughter...

Edit// Also I strongly believe that Kurosawa is link to Rei. It can't be link to Yae/Sae since Yae's family line > Hinasaki and Sae died so the second game's Kurosawa family name "died out".

Edited by beni, 27 August 2014 - 06:24 PM.

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Article, Miu Hinasaki, Ren Hojo, Hisoka Kurosawa, Rui Kagamiya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users