Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese
Hex : (21 November 2017 - 07:58 PM) Do you ever start typing and find yourself wondering, "when did this become a novel?"
AnimalLover4... : (21 November 2017 - 10:22 PM) Eiji Otsuka.
Hex : (21 November 2017 - 11:46 PM) Where?   :icon_lordhimuro:
AnimalLover4... : (22 November 2017 - 06:19 AM) LOL
midwinter : (22 November 2017 - 02:57 PM) Animal Crossing Pocket Camp expectations: Cute animals, fishing, bugs, furniture! Reality: Communication error x 798

Photo
- - - - -

What did you think of the Purifying light?

Purifying Light Miasma Reika Kuze

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 695 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

I'm surprised no one has made a topic on this yet.

What did everyone think of the Purifying Light and Miasma element in the last part of the game?

#2 OFFLINE   Rezz

Rezz

Mama Miya

• Spirited Aways
  • 91 posts
  • LocationLurking

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

"Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh."

I had a lot of issues with how the end of FF3 went and those elements were about 40% of them.

It just made things unnecessarily rushed, didn't have nearly enough explanation as to why it was such a prominent thing all of a suddenly, and to those casual players who were not playing with a guide, probably a source of frustration and difficulty considering you get the bulk of the backstory plot in the last couple chapters and if you're busy running away from Reika, you tend to miss diaries and other important effects that could actually tell you what is going on.

The game would've been better off without it.

#3 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 285 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

I fully agree with Rezz. When I first time played FF3 it was confusing and so frustrating. When I was running away from Reika I missed a lots of things (like herbals, sacred water and diaries) and that was the part of the game when I was like what's going on. :P

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 779 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

Backtracking was hellish with it, but the seconds between the surroundings going dark and Reika appearing are so tense.  I would have liked more candles, but I don't mind it too much.  Except when I got locked in a room with Yashuu and Reika when the candle burned out...

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

I think it could have been better excuted, but the idea was solid enough and it didn't give me too much trouble. They become a feature when you're like 10 hours into the game and probably somewhat hardened to what the game throws at you- the candles amp up the pressure and add a new element that you have to adapt to, making you more vulnerable to the late game scares.

That said, it was pretty annoying at parts and it would've been nice to take some more time exploring all the new opened up environments, but it was pretty horrifying to have your candle run out, hear that weird staticy tattoo growing noise and have your filament light up.

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#6 OFFLINE   deer

deer

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

Agree with Rezz and Yashuu. I would have liked it to be only available in a second gameplay or in hard & nightmare mode only.

ABID1K8.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   Amane-Kuze_FF3/PZ3

Amane-Kuze_FF3/PZ3

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 14 posts
  • LocationChristchurch/New Zealand

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

The candle show because of the door you opened release the mist to other parts of the room. Thats what I thinking that how it works?

I'll get my ghost girls on you :D

#8 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 695 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:20 AM

You opened the door to where the Rift was being contained by the sacrificial pillars which released the miasma into the rest of the manor yes.

#9 OFFLINE   GreekShadow

GreekShadow

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 249 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

Well in every corner that there wasn't a candle that you might need later there was a save point so I felt that it was pretty balanced and it just made the game a bit harder and more stressful in an enviroment that in those last chapters you had explored for so many hours so it didn't really bother me.Honestly I don't even have a lot of memories of the "black&white Reika chase" cause I almost never let it happen.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Purifying Light, Miasma, Reika Kuze

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users