Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.
thomas06 : (25 July 2020 - 10:32 PM) Hey Guys!
NuMetalWolf : (30 August 2020 - 09:46 AM) It's been 6 years.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:36 PM) 12, actually. I wasn't counting the time i spent here before the move out.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:39 PM) To whoever reads this, I wish you all good luck.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:46 PM) Stay safe, everyone.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:47 PM) Bye.

Photo

Movie theme song

Zero Movie Soundtrack

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

The theme song, by Jamosa, has been announced as "Love Ain't Easy", to be released on an album of the same name on 24/9. No previews yet, but will add them as they come out (there's meant to be one soon).

Jamosa is most famous for "Nani ka Hitotsu", which got a bunch of downloads a few years back:

Are we hopeful that it might be tolerable? Already picking up the pitchforks? What would you have chosen as the theme song if you were in charge? Is there a particular Amano song you would have used, or any other artist you think would be good for the film?

• ナガクラ likes this

AAHOrHo.gif

#2 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

Translation of the song here if anyone wants to know the lyrics.

You know, I had a similar thing when Silent Hill Revelation came out in Japan. GACKT did the theme song for that movie. I wasn't familiar with his work very much because I didn't really cared much besides his interesting choice of costumes. I did gave him a listen to give the guy a chance. His song "Claymore" was the theme song for said film and I really liked it. THe lyrics were pretty good in his defense and it really didn't matter if it fit the tone of Silent Hill but it was a good song overall. Anna Tsuchiya was a different story, she did the theme song for the first Silent Hill film. Its different because I was already a fan of hers since 2008 when i watched the anime NANA which featured a lot of her songs. The theme for the first film was "Loving You" and no it didn't fit the Silent Hill tone ether but it was a good song at the end of the day and plus I was already a fan of hers when I heard she did the theme song for it. In comparison to both songs GACKT's "Claymore" did a more fitting tone to Silent Hill but did it really matter? Nah. As long as its a good song with good lyrics I wont care. I recently became a fan of GACKT when I heard his songs in Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII and loved them both including the lyrics. I'm willing to hear more of his music.

As for what the Zero film theme might be like I got a feel for JAMOSA and its pretty positive from hearing "Nani ka Hitotsu". She has a nice voice and if the other two are part taking in the song I wouldn't mind hearing them as a trio again. I wouldn't change a thing. In my area where I'm from in the U.S. you here this type of music popping out a lot in the Latino culture and I prefer this type of sound. Its hard to explain but hearing them sing brings back memories when songs were just about fun and groups singing together as friends having a good time. As Chelsea pointed out many times Tsuki Amano's music recently has gone another direction that isn't her old style or isn't her own anymore and I think an already existing song would kinda not work as oppose a new song (dont shoot me). I dont think a game and film should be EXACTLY the same or be connected in some way thats what makes it an adaption unique in many ways, there is nothing wrong with being different having its own identity. Tsuki Amano does not have to be in everything or we might get bored of her eventually down the road or expect too much of her we'll get disappointed because we had our hopes up.

So to sum it up JAMOSA has my full support. I'm looking forward to the song when comes out. 

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#3 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

I don't know if this deserves its own topic or not so I'll just put it here for the time being.  According to Operation Zero this is the theme song for the movie (I can't remember the snippet from the trailer at the moment).

If this is the song then.......it's a good song but I hardly feel it fits the series.

#4 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:22 AM

Man I thought it was the full song :(

But anyways~ 
DANG I love it! :D
I love the use of acrostic guitar and drums in the song. As someone who is learning the drums I can use this beat. I'm very pleased with the diversity the series is getting and not just Tsuki Amano (it was obvious it wouldn't be her anyways guys). I love her and everything but its time to shake things up once in a while. I'll get what I can take and wait for the full version in the near future.

Edited by ナガクラ, 02 August 2014 - 05:23 AM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#5 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

Is she semi-cosplaying Mary? :thinking:

I don't care that it's not Amano. I do care that the mood is totally at odds with what we've seen of the movie so far - admittedly better than some of her other songs I've heard, though that's not saying much - but then I just remind myself the Death Note movie got Dani California. I get the impression they go for broad appeal in the hope that the CD and movie will both get a little boost from each other, more like a deal to provide mutual advertising space than any kind of artistic reasoning.

I guess it's not a bad song in itself, though I got tired of the persistent unvarying bomp bomp bomp pretty quickly. I doubt I'd pay it much attention if it weren't for the movie.

#6 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

Yeah, I couldn't listen for long because the beat was doing my head in.  Pretty disappointing.  

#7 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 281 posts
  • Location???

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

I thought that it would be awful from the trailer,I like it though.It misses the Tsukiko Amano-like feeling too much though...

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zero Movie, Soundtrack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users