Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (12 October 2017 - 12:37 PM) Maybe Spirit Camera since I don't replay that very often...
GreekShadow : (12 October 2017 - 02:45 PM) I might replay FF3.Not sure if I should start a brand new playthrough or one with my unlockes though hmmm.I have years to play FF3 ;_;
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) Just think: yukatas.   :icon_ff3miku1:
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) (Why Rei doesn't have a blue one will forever be a mystery)
asagi : (12 October 2017 - 04:37 PM) I want to replay the games but mom threw the ps3 out of the window :zca rei:
Eisenalex : (12 October 2017 - 11:16 PM) Why would she do that?
Eisenalex : (14 October 2017 - 11:30 AM) I just learned that there's apparently a manga based on Siren made by Junji Ito.
Hex : (15 October 2017 - 01:11 PM) If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's unsurprisingly pretty gross.
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 02:20 PM) It's Junji Ito. Of course it gets either super weird or gross, lol.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 03:15 PM) And me being curious I had to look it up. Yup definitely gross XD
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:17 PM) Did you think it was that bad? I enjoy Ito's stuff a lot.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 05:32 PM) Meh.. It wasn't all that bad. Just more unsettling than "gross". Those weird worm girls or whatever are way worse *cringes*
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:41 PM) I'm not sure what you mean by "worm girls". He did a couple of slug-transformations, though.
NightmarePic... : (16 October 2017 - 11:02 PM) That was it.. yup lol
Hex : (17 October 2017 - 05:33 PM) My new washing machine makes jingles whenever it's finished like an ice cream van.
NightmarePic... : (17 October 2017 - 06:12 PM) I... don't think that's good Hex.. You might want to check what's in there other than clothes lol
Kouta Koikawa : (17 October 2017 - 06:28 PM) Maybe they come with entertaining sound effects these days.
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:15 PM) A lot of the new ones are supposed to chime to let you know when the cycle is done
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:16 PM) Mine does, at least
Eisenalex : (17 October 2017 - 09:59 PM) The future is now.

Photo
- - - - -

Man In Dark: What Do They Say?

Fatal Frame II Project Zero II Quotes Man in Dark Ghosts

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Since I first played this game I've always wondered what they said. There are always a few words I can make out.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RhM8zJp5KGE

Around the 0:37 mark I can hear him saying "Rope Shrine (maiden?)". What I noticed also is a dampened female voice in the background.
My theory has always been that they used an unused soundfile from Fatal Frame 1 for this ghost, because it is pretty unsignificant and doesn't need a really, personal track.

#2 Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*

Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

ive never heard that, and in game your to busy fighting them to hear there murmurs, maybe tha be reet, like tha said they be not significant enough to get there own proper personal track, not like woman in box or sommat

#3 OFFLINE   Asou Misaki

Asou Misaki

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

I can hear the supposed "Rope Shrine" part, but I think the track is also from the original Japanese game, so English words would obviously be out of place. Beyond that, I can't make out anything distinct. It's very distorted and slowed-down audio.

#4 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Hmmm... Maybe if you speed it up. Maybe it's a hidden Illuminati World Domination message? 

#5 OFFLINE   MaruDashi

MaruDashi

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

I always assumed it was just moaning, but listening to it closely I can hear words. I also heard "Rope Shrine.........maiden." 

I dont know though, part of me really wants to think its saying something else that makes more sense to the game over using unused audio from the first game

technologiccopy.png

#6 OFFLINE   yuuasou

yuuasou

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHere there and everywhere.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

To me it always sounded like they were saying "You have baaaad taaaaste."

#7 OFFLINE   Kaido

Kaido

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, MO

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Um, I think you guys are forgetting that the Kusabi is taken to the Rope Temple (which can also be considered a shrine) to perform the cutting ritual. Perhaps that is what he is talking about, although I'm not sure why he would be saying that?

Death begets life...

#8 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Like Asou Misaki said, their BGM is reused from the Japanese version of the game. It's not in English so you're not going to be able to make anything out. If it sounds like he's saying something it's a coincidence. If they were using unused soundfiles at all I would think it would come from the Japanese recording? They probably just had someone mumble randomly into a microphone and then edited it like they did with the whispers in 4.

AAHOrHo.gif

#9 OFFLINE   Persephone

Persephone

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 58 posts
  • LocationRogetsu Island

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

When I first played the game, I always thought I heard them saying "Your mother..." and when I watched a Japanese playthrough of the game, they said the same thing. So I just assume it's untranslated Japanese.

Which is confirmed by the posts above me. lol

collage.jpg

#10 OFFLINE   Zombie369

Zombie369

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

I never really paid attention to what they say that much but I think I've heard them say "The Malice" a few times, which made sense in my mind because I believe the malice that escaped from the abyss is what made them so sickly looking turned them and their female counterparts into ghosts.

Also isn't it weird how they resemble victims of radiation poisoning? They're extremely skinny with dark sunken eyes and the female ones have bits of hair that looked like it had fallen out. Maybe the malice that comes from these hell gates is supposed to be like radiation?

Edited by Zombie369, 11 February 2014 - 06:29 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame II, Project Zero II, Quotes, Man in Dark, Ghosts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users