Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:29 PM) Ok, playing with headphones is definitely superior
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:31 PM) I knew the music in Rei's house changed after Miku's chapters start but I never noticed it has these little bumps and rustles that make it sound like something's moving in the house
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) also there is more ghost talk during Kei's phone call!
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) i couldn't hear most of it, though, I need to listen again
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese

Photo

No Tsuki Amano for this game. Feelings? Edit: nevermind, she's back!

Amano Tsuki Fatal Frame V Opinion

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 690 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:55 AM

What does everyone think of the new singer and are you upset that they didn't keep Amano on for the series?

I unfortunately wasn't able to hear the song because Nico Nico kicked me out right after the game trailer so I literally have nothing to base my opinion off on other than that I will miss Amano.

Edited by Hex, 28 August 2014 - 08:09 AM.
Changing title to confirm Amano's return.

#2 OFFLINE   Teen Bulma

Teen Bulma

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:59 AM

I didn't really like the song...it seemed like it would stay slow and I don't really dig slow songs. That's what I liked about Amano's, they started out slow but got really upbeat/loud. So really disappointed. But here's hoping for maybe another song in the game feat Amano?? 

GpOY.png

#3 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 429 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:09 AM

Yea it sucks amano isn't coming back And I honestly don't like the song, unless it's just for the trailer but I doubt it
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 777 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

It was posted in the stream thread, but if anyone has yet to hear it:

I'm going to miss Amano and guitars, definitely, but it doesn't sound half bad.

• Emi likes this

#5 OFFLINE   mudkip25

mudkip25

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:27 AM

It's different and it's not bad. I find it to be a welcomed change. While I feel that Amano's signature orchestral rock guitar and string combos are nice, with what we've see so far, the more "fluid" style of AnJu's song fits more with the theme of water in FFV.

Let's compare songs from the other games. FF2's Chou was a rock ballad and sounded like something Mio herself would listen to. FF3's Koe was a darker song with some gothic elements which fits the somewhat darker feel of the game compared to others. Also, you could say that Chou and Koe's lyrics were written from Sae and Reika's POV. FFIV's Noise was another rock ballad but it had more of a "redeeming" theme to which fits with Ruka regaining some of her memories of Rougetsu Island. Zero no Chouritsu, FFIV's other song, dealt with the character, assuming it to be Sakuya but it could be anyone, trying to preserve themselves and not loosing their own memories (which would explain the "Just call my name" and "Could you get me out of this cipher?" lyrics). Kurenai from SnK is literally Chou's sister song (Tsuki Amano even wrote it as such) and it fits to say it's from Yae's perspective. What I loved from the Fatal Frame series is just how the songs are specifically tailored for the games, which a lot of modern games don't do (a good example would be Portal).

If the developers think that changing up the formula will improve the narrative, then I'm all for it.

#6 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,128 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:43 AM

It doesn't phase me. As long as its a good song with good lyrics I'm fine. 

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#7 OFFLINE   dark_ardhyrha

dark_ardhyrha

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts
  • Locationsomewhere only god know ..

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:46 AM

seems like an winter theme song to me ..
:)

122121n.jpg

#8 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 284 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:55 AM

I've always liked Amano's songs and I think they did fit to the games.

But imo I think this is nice chance - maybe this will be all new Fatal Frame and there will be lots now new changes, so I don't mind that much that trailer song is not singed by Amano. (I still secretly hope that there will be at least one Amano's song in the end or something.. ^^')

#9 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 279 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

I was disappointed at no Tsuki song this time around. But who knows it might be alright. it only released a bit of the song. It might pick up :P.

But yeah I would've liked an Amano Tsuki song too.

a80Suw0.png

#10 OFFLINE   Chou no Miko

Chou no Miko

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationRichmond Canada

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

I have to admit I don't like the song very much at all. It feels too light, too pretty.

All the songs in previous games for me seemed to be this perfect mix between lovely- haunting with just a slight edge in some way.

The songs did something that set them apart and made me believe they were the theme songs for HORROR games, and not just any other kind of game.

#11 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

It feels too light, too pretty.

All the songs in previous games for me seemed to be this perfect mix between lovely- haunting with just a slight edge in some way.

This is pretty much what I was going to say. It's okay, but from the clip, it seems sort of sentimental and wistful, whereas Amano's Fatal Frame songs seemed to have this undercurrent of despair which went really well with the series. Maybe it'll work in context, though.

I'm just really surprised and wondering how this came to be. I know Makoto Shibata was a huge driving force behind Amano doing the themesongs from the beginning, and they have such a good professional relationship that I find it hard imagine this decision coming from him. But without any insight into what went on behind the scenes, all I can do is make up conspiracy theories. Like the Nintendo half of the team chaining Shibata to a radiator and eating pudding in front of him while laughing about HHM.

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#12 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,128 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

I'm just really surprised and wondering how this came to be. I know Makoto Shibata was a huge driving force behind Amano doing the themesongs from the beginning, and they have such a good professional relationship that I find it hard imagine this decision coming from him.

I'm not too sure how much of this is true but I've heard she hasn't been active for a while, we can always double check her twitter or something.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#13 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

Well, her Twitter was active enough in March when I had to unfollow because of the constant promotional spam... <_<

#14 OFFLINE   Mircalla

Mircalla

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

I don't like this at all.Why no Tsuki Amano?This sounds like a 90s ballad.Darn.Please at least don't ruin the game Tecmo :(

aurorasign.png

#15 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 508 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

Chou and Midwinter pretty much summed up my sentiments on it.

I like the song, and the artist. It's pretty. I'm just not sure if I feel (as Chou said) it's haunting. (And that is the best way to describe it honestly.)  I mean, Amano does have variety in her songs so they aren't the same. There are some of her songs I prefer over others.

I LIKE this song. I'm not convinced with it being Fatal Frame. But change might be good, switching it up might be helpful. We don't know, maybe Amano was asked, and she was too busy.

At the same time, the song isn't something where it's like : No.. NO... NO what are you thinking?! So while I am sad its not Amano, and I do agree with the critique it doesn't seem the right 'fit' for the overall theme of the series, It isn't horrible.

I mean, Amano isn't doing the songs for the movie either.

#16 OFFLINE   AweOfShe

AweOfShe

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 26 posts
  • LocationYoshinogari, Saga, Japan

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

Disappointed, but I'll get over it, once I'm finally playing it.

shinugayoi.png

#17 ONLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 412 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

I feel like this somg belongs in the credits of an anime more than in the Fatal Frame universe. Since we only get a small clip, however, the song might prove to fit perfectly later on. I am still really dissapointed that the theme isn't performed by Tsuki Amano since it's become such a staple ofthe games. Honestly, though, this game might just be headed in a slightly different direction than previous ones so who knows.

#18 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

I have to admit I don't like the song very much at all. It feels too light, too pretty.

The songs did something that set them apart and made me believe they were the theme songs for HORROR games, and not just any other kind of game.

I totally agree :)

I'm really disappointed. Come back, Tsuki! =(

+ I like the new song, but not as I love Tsuki's songs :/

Edited by BatCountry, 18 July 2014 - 12:31 PM.

198003testsakuya.png

#19 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

It doesn't actually bother me all that much. It will probably be weird to get used to, since we've had Amano for every game since 2003 now, and I'd really like to know why they suddenly decided to go not only with someone else but a high schooler debuting with her very first single... but it's okay. It doesn't sound bad at all, and to be honest I really haven't been liking Amano's stuff since she came back from "retirement" at all - there are some good songs in there but apart from Sora no Ki it's been distinctly not to my tastes, and quite dull - and while I do think she could probably pull it off for a theme song, I'm kind of ready for something new as well. I would, though, much rather we stick with one main singer for the theme songs rather than just change for every game, if that's what they're planning. We can only wait and see how it works.

AAHOrHo.gif

#20 OFFLINE   Seasqwaa

Seasqwaa

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

It doesn't actually bother me all that much. It will probably be weird to get used to, since we've had Amano for every game since 2003 now, and I'd really like to know why they suddenly decided to go not only with someone else but a high schooler debuting with her very first single... but it's okay. It doesn't sound bad at all, and to be honest I really haven't been liking Amano's stuff since she came back from "retirement" at all - there are some good songs in there but apart from Sora no Ki it's been distinctly not to my tastes, and quite dull - and while I do think she could probably pull it off for a theme song, I'm kind of ready for something new as well. I would, though, much rather we stick with one main singer for the theme songs rather than just change for every game, if that's what they're planning. We can only wait and see how it works.

Aye, I know exactly what you're saying too.

I liked one song from Daisy, and ever since she went solo and whatnot, I just haven't been feeling it. Sora no Ki was rather nice though, I guess that might be an exception. I like her for Zero though, and it just feels so strange to be changing the formula at this point.

Maybe it's particularly because... I don't like this new theme, not at all! It's too soft, very one note. I won't call it bad, just a tad boring in my own view. As far as the preview goes, the song doesn't really build, but hey, it's a preview. It's just a taste. I like rock, and Amano was as close as I felt the game would get to that (while still veeery pop...y)

Change isn't always a bad thing though, and I do say perservere, let it roll, and see what it all turns out like.

Plus, I really don't think they'd give us the ending song; that just seems against the whole point!  The song was always somewhat of a reward for me, and I'm sure we'll get some other song to compliment the new one, regardless of who performs it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Amano Tsuki, Fatal Frame V, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users