Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 09:41 PM) i meant cannible
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 09:44 PM) Cannibal
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 09:48 PM) yeah
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 09:54 PM) is this the next fatal frame plot
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 10:08 PM) Hopefully not
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:09 PM) i agree
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:10 PM) cannibal ghosts would be a nope
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 10:11 PM) Not that, I just don't think it suits Fatal Frame
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:12 PM) ms dubstep bought me a glue gun.....i'm not sure how to feel about this
Hex : (22 April 2017 - 10:12 PM) What for?
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:13 PM) to build a model of the black pearl
Zuhna : (22 April 2017 - 10:15 PM) no. Everyone starved and turned into ghosts and now they haunt pizza places
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:15 PM) she keeps making innudendo's unintionally XD
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:16 PM) zuhna, lets not cross over into fnaf here
suprimeking : (22 April 2017 - 10:27 PM) i feel like writing
suprimeking : (23 April 2017 - 12:00 AM) that's enough writing for now, i'm off
Hex : (23 April 2017 - 01:03 PM) Just a few days until Outlast 2.
suprimeking : (23 April 2017 - 01:27 PM) seeing how terrifying the first game was it will no doubt be far better
Hex : (23 April 2017 - 02:28 PM) Hopefully.  I like the look of it so far.
suprimeking : (23 April 2017 - 04:45 PM) i remember watching the demo

Photo

Manga - Fatal Frame: Shadow Priestess

Shadow Priestess

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#221 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:35 PM

Huh? I already uploaded them; are they not showing up?

#222 OFFLINE   NiksKozukata

NiksKozukata

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:02 PM

I didn't notice, thanks!!

#223 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Dishevelled Folklorist

• Haori Inspector
  • 721 posts
  • LocationDinner table

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:28 PM

Phew, I've finally caught up in one sitting, awesome side-story and all!  Thanks for uploading the chapters, midwinter, I'd be completely behind otherwise.  

I didn't take any notes while reading (other than Tousei saying "elucidate", which I'd never heard before, haha), but I did really enjoy the solutions to the riddles, though their appearances are getting repetitive.  They would be so welcome in the games though, especially since the new approach puts less of a focus on puzzles.  Quick fire thoughts:

- Sara and Tousei's puzzle-solving is so good, they'd probably have cracked P.T. in minutes.

- Sara and Tousei.  <3

- I was listening to the costume theme from 4 when Kanon reunited with Sara through Amanuma, which made the scene oddly more touching.  Genuinely didn't think she would be the hands from the beginning.

- Does anyone else find the humour a bit misplaced sometimes?  Hotei's ghosts switching back to a living appearance, whistling non-nonchalantly as their victim darts back and forth from suspicion to comical denial doesn't really fit the atmosphere of a dismembered cat puzzle manga, but those moments are few and far between, so it's just a nitpick. 

- The cat Suisei sees is called Snowball and I won't hear any arguments.

- Amanuma's stonemason ancestors give me a cool Shrine Carpenter vibe, I hope we get to see ghosts like them soon.

- The sidestory was so good.  I'm glad we got to see Kanon and Sara's relationship, but the best part was learning more about the Shadow Priestesses.  I love the mention of a sacrificial ritual; I think the story has been missing that extra touch of "Fatal Frame" and it was an interesting version.  Do you guys think it might come up again in the main story?  Could Sara sacrifice herself in the same way? 

Now, as for future hints, "ghost horse" is definitely superior to mimicking tea jars.  Sign me up.

#224 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:02 PM

Yay Hex! I'm glad you liked the special chapters too! I'm so hoping the ritual will make an appearance in the main story somewhere, and I think that underwater ghost that was reaching out for Kanon at the end of Chapter 39 suggests that it might. I kind of hope it doesn't involve Sara sacrificing herself, because I like her, but tbh even after 50 chapters, I still don't have any idea of what the story's ultimately building to (except some sort of confrontation with the Necromancer, obviously).

- I was listening to the costume theme from 4 when Kanon reunited with Sara through Amanuma, which made the scene oddly more touching.  Genuinely didn't think she would be the hands from the beginning.

Me neither! I do wonder why Kanon is apparently unaffected by any of the darkness going around, but I liked seeing her and Sara talk. I think that and the extra chapters really helped deepen Sara's backstory and show why Kanon was so important to her. Until then it seemed like she was pretty happy and carefree, except for a few nightmares.

So Chapter 51 is up!

Really pretty chapter art this time. And I like any chapters where Washizukis inexplicably descend from the ceiling. I still really want to know more about the twins and where they sit in the family tree - does Sara have aunts or uncles? Or siblings, even?

Also, for those keeping up with the Beniko-is-the-necromancer theory, I notice we didn't see her face at all after Mozu and Tsugumi showed up to save the day. Because she wouldn't have been able to hide her frustration at being foiled again!

#225 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Dishevelled Folklorist

• Haori Inspector
  • 721 posts
  • LocationDinner table

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:58 PM

Same here, everything seems to hook onto the necromancer reveal, but not much outside of it.  There's room for Mt. Kegare history and lore I'd love to see explored outside the side chapters; an impending doom like the Crimson Sacrifice or something?  Oh, oh, I can't remember if they brought up Tousei's prophecy photos (so cool) yet?  Anything like that while we solve the 12 puzzles could be really interesting.  

Ninja twins!  Just what I like to see.  I've noticed they've favoured showing the ghosts as "goopy" the last couple of chapters.  It's definitely creepy, but a bit strange.  Not much going on this chapter, but I'm still holding out for horse spectres nonetheless.

#226 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:28 PM

Chaaaaapter 52!

Ha! Knew it. (Was there anyone that didn't know it? Apart from the Professor and Midori, that is.) It was nice to see some genuine emotion from Tousei.

Sad we're not getting a ghost horse after all. :(

#227 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 455 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:45 AM

I'm still confused about that tea jar song @_@

hmmm... so... is Kanon already considered dead or is there a way to get her back? because I feel sorry for Tousei :<

Oh well XD

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#228 OFFLINE   NiksKozukata

NiksKozukata

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:34 PM

53?

#229 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:20 PM

It's not out yet.

#230 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

The long-awaited Chapter 53!

So... stilt-walking is a thing in Japanese elementary schools? Sounds unsafe.

Anyway, after such a long break it was nice to come back and finally get some information about the necromancer. Hints of a tragic backstory! Hmm, who do we know who's mentioned being able to see ghosts since childhood? Beniko Beniko Beniko.

I think the name on the library card is Suzume. Not sure if that'll be relevant, but it would be nice to be able to put ghosty faces to some names, and she has the standard water+bird kanji combo in her surname, too.

• NiksKozukata likes this

#231 OFFLINE   NiksKozukata

NiksKozukata

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:25 AM

Finally!

#232 OFFLINE   Shizu Haibara

Shizu Haibara

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSapporo, Japan.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:11 AM

Are the chapters being released weekly or monthly?

See Mangafox mate, it's updated there, along with the translations

#233 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 455 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:43 AM

3 years later and this manga is not yet finished... how much farther? ;w;

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#234 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Dishevelled Folklorist

• Haori Inspector
  • 721 posts
  • LocationDinner table

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

Good question.   :thinking:  Do manga series usually take this long?

Miss a couple of chapters and I come back to ghost stilts!  I can imagine one of the game protagonists trying to convince themselves to try it out but deciding not to at the last minute.  Herbal Medicines can't cure a broken neck.  I do like the flavour it gives to the spirits in the mangaverse, communicating through clues only a trained eye could see and decipher.

People thought the camera was an unconventional weapon, but the Spirit Stone Library Card probably has it beat.

I was on the fence about Beniko being the necromancer, until the panel where she reunites with Sara.  The way she's drawn, and the suggestion to examine a pond filled with ghosts, is a bit too suspicious.  If this is the end like the necromancer says though, we won't have long to find out!  What is everyone's final bet before the reveal?

#235 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

Good question.   :thinking:  Do manga series usually take this long?

Not sure. It might depend on the author and illustrator, I guess? :<

But I think we're almost near the end?

Since we're about to...

know more about this necromancer thing...

Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#236 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

Chapter 55 cometh at last! It's been so long I almost forgot how to do a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shadow Priestess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users