Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C

Photo

The new novel

A Curse Affecting Only Girls Novel

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,210 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:20 PM

It's supposed to be getting published in two months, so I feel it should have its own thread, even though we actually know less about it than the movie so far. Here's what we do know:

• It's written by Eiji Otsuka, who's known for Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service
  • It's an original story, not a novelisation of an existing game, and the movie is an adaptation of it (and I wish news sites would stop claiming either the novel or the film have anything to do with FF1, that is a pernicious rumour)
  • Its official title is apparently "Zero: A Curse Affecting Only Girls"

I'm really looking forward to getting a new novel, but that title is... um... quite something. "Zero: The Movie" is snappy by comparison.

• Emi likes this

#2 OFFLINE   SilentOneRings

SilentOneRings

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

If the novel ever gets localized (that's a big 'if', but then again these things are getting a bit more popular outside of Japan), I'm kinda hoping that they change the title. LOL. "A Curse That Only Affects Girls" has too much immature leeway for period jokes. I kind of honestly hope that they go with a title as simple as "ZERO: fatal frame", overlaying the 'rei' kanji.

• Rheo, Yashuu and Elyonum like this

#3 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:46 PM

It'll be interesting to see how the novel and movie differ when they come out, and if there's any nods to the games in either.  Hopefully the title is the only questionable thing about it.  :P

#4 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

Listing FINALLY up on Kadokawa's site! It's coming out on 23/8.

Edit: Okay, this is... getting interesting... here's the plot summary from the listing page:

Kasumi, who lives at an all-female boarding school, wants to be like Aya, the most beautiful girl in her class. Aya says, "Kiss my photo a thousandth of a second before 12am." If you do, you'll be cursed just like her...

Anybody got... um... thoughts on this... interesting development?

Edited by Homuranagi, 03 July 2014 - 01:25 PM.

• Emi, midwinter, Hex and 1 other like this

AAHOrHo.gif

#5 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

Yuri intensifies...?

I'll try to withhold judgement, since a fifty-word summary will inevitably make anything sound kind of silly, but this alongside the title makes me think it's going to turn out to be either genius, or epic, Zero Novel-style bizarre.

Interestingly, Kasumi's the only character other than Aya and Michi mentioned in the plot summary for the movie on AsianWiki (and um, spoilers for character death, I guess), which was added the day of the initial announcement when everyone else was still talking about a cursed chant. I'd really love to know where they got that info from.

EDIT: The more I look at it the weirder it is. How does that conversation even go?

"Oh Aya, I want to be as pretty as you!"

"Well, Kasumi, you need only kiss my photo and then YOU TOO WILL BE CURSED."

????

• Emi likes this

#6 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:35 AM

Soft Yuri? Nah, I dont really sense it. But the movie seems to be doing so. I really hope there isn't any.

Edited by ナガクラ, 04 July 2014 - 01:35 AM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#7 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

Beauty as a curse? Heh, well I can bite, that sometimes seems to be a theme.

Given that in Japanese ghost stories, girls getting cursed (or the raw end of the deal and becoming ghosts ) is pretty frequent, a 'female only' curse doesn't seem to far off the dialogue.

Still I agree, a better name. A Curse for Girls? The Curse of Girls? 

Again intriguing. TY so much for the info mid and staying on top of this. ;_;

#8 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

Hm sounds quite strange but often the strangest premise can be the best.
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 275 posts
  • Location???

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

Hmmm so i guess that it will be connected with the movie,I'm wondering if the game will be connected with everything too   :thinking:

The story looks interesting......(or at least) it has potential.I don't like the title though,not creative at all.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#10 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 500 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

If the novel ever gets localized (that's a big 'if', but then again these things are getting a bit more popular outside of Japan), I'm kinda hoping that they change the title. LOL. "A Curse That Only Affects Girls" has too much immature leeway for period jokes. I kind of honestly hope that they go with a title as simple as "ZERO: fatal frame", overlaying the 'rei' kanji.

Seconded! Or it can be just "The All-Female Curse"

no never mind, I don't know anymore hahaha

Yuri intensifies...?

I'll try to withhold judgement, since a fifty-word summary will inevitably make anything sound kind of silly, but this alongside the title makes me think it's going to turn out to be either genius, or epic, Zero Novel-style bizarre.

Interestingly, Kasumi's the only character other than Aya and Michi mentioned in the plot summary for the movie on AsianWiki (and um, spoilers for character death, I guess), which was added the day of the initial announcement when everyone else was still talking about a cursed chant. I'd really love to know where they got that info from.

EDIT: The more I look at it the weirder it is. How does that conversation even go?

"Oh Aya, I want to be as pretty as you!"

"Well, Kasumi, you need only kiss my photo and then YOU TOO WILL BE CURSED."

????

Yuri is all I can say >_>

30vipvk.jpg

#11 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

• 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:33 AM

It's up on Amazon now. Looks like it's 648 yen.

http://www.amazon.co...志/dp/4041016428

AAHOrHo.gif

#12 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

Hmm, so the release date is 23rd August according to Kadokawa's product page, 25th August according to the Niconico broadcast and Famitsu, and 24th August according to Amazon. At least we know it's sometime around then...

#13 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

• 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

Ordered it (well of course) and it's giving me an estimated dispatch of the 25th... so it will be interesting to see whether they stick with that or just decide to release a day early or something.

It's great to see they're all so damn coordinated! Makes me wonder how we ever got a definite movie release date. Looks like the photo-kissing thing will be a novel-only thing, then?

AAHOrHo.gif

#14 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Hmm, Kadokawa seems to have removed the novel from their website. Here's what it used to look like, but now you just get a 404, and it's not listed with the other August 23 releases where it used to be.

They'd better not be thinking about delaying it... :saejima:

#15 OFFLINE   Elyonum

Elyonum

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 121 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

Awww I want to read it!! It's a shame I barely know Japanese... 

It does seem to be going in a little....bizarre route, but I did feel that the Zero ~zero~ novel did this as well, and it turned out to be a very entertaining read, I loved it! xD 

I'm hoping against all hope that the movie will be super popular, especially in the west. Then the demand for more FF merchandise will bring us an official translation of the novel and Ely will be a happy young lady ;3; 

#16 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:49 AM

I'm pretty interested and hopefully it gets translated somehow

Edited by ナガクラ, 08 August 2014 - 05:50 AM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Curse Affecting Only Girls, Novel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users