Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:13 AM) anyway, it's here if you want it!
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) thanks a lot for everything mid :)
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)

Photo

Multiple Prespectives

Fatal Frame V Gameplay Poll

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Multiple Prespectives (36 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you prefer?

1. Voted Multiple prespectives (25 votes [69.44%])

Percentage of vote: 69.44%

2. Focus on the prespective of a Single Character (11 votes [30.56%])

Percentage of vote: 30.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 273 posts
  • Location???

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

So i was wondering if you prefer the new game to have multiple prespectives kind of like FF3 or prefer the way you find out things like FF1/2.

I personally would prefer the new game to have many characters like the latest games in the series,while it creates mystery when you don't really see what the other characters did,i find it better watching the prespective of most of the characters.Although i believe that the series hasn't done the prespective thing very interesting,they barely meet each other in there.

For example it would be cool if....(I am trying to make you understand what i am thinking with prespective i know its a stupid example) a character would find another main character in the new setting with his hand broken but you wouldn't actually know excactly how she/he broke his/her hand until you played as her/him to see what happened there,like a link thing,it could be in an extra chapter or something???Or maybe a character would kill the other one,and a third one would see the knife(examples examples) on the hand of the other character and think that he is a murderer/jerk/bad person while when you would play with the "murderer" you would find out that the other one was the one that attacked first!

Show what would you prefer?

I tried to explain what i have on my mind,hope you got it! :P

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

I really like the ideas you have, things like that could give the game some replay value so you can go back and pick up all the details you missed the first time.  The way they went about it in 3 and 4 was okay, but if they wanted to take that further I'd be all for it.  

Kuon might be a good place for inspiration.  o7

#3 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

I honestly don't mind either way, I think both systems have their advantages. I wouldn't complain if there was 1 or 5 characters in the new game (although above 4 it would probably get a bit too crowded :P)

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#4 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Well I'd prefer multiple perpectives, but not more than 3, because otherwise I would begin to be confused with all these stories, perpectives...

BUT, if the game is as good as FF4, I don't mind if there will be 4 or 5 perpectives :P

198003testsakuya.png

#5 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:58 PM

The more the merrier, in my opinion! Well, maybe not quite - like Yashuu said, more than four would probably be a bit much. But I like plenty of characters and twisty plots that you have to think about. I really liked in FF3 having the different characters be able to access different places, and connecting with different ghosts; it made the story feel fuller and richer IMO, whereas FF1 and FF2 were a bit more straightforward.

And having multiple characters does make it easier to play on dramatic irony (i.e. situations where the audience/player knows something the character doesn't). Fatal Frame hasn't really done much with that so far, but you get a bit of it in Ikenie no Yoru, where one character arrives later than the others, and gets text messages warning her away - the player understands why, but she dismisses it as a joke. Or there are situations like Kuon, as Hex mentioned, where one character's point of view is very unreliable, but you don't realise it until you play as a second character and everything happens differently.

There's also the possibility of deepening the story by having another character come in later and see the consequences of everything that happened before - this is something I like because it hits my post-apocalyptic journal button, but it's kind of a staple of horror games, and Fatal Frame has only ever done it with the first ghosts the characters encounter, like Takamine's team who all died before Miku got there, or Miyako and Masumi in FF2, or Yoshino, and they're not POV characters. In Kuon, you have Abe no Seimei showing up after everything's really fallen apart and finding the manor in ruins, which is really effective, and in Ikenie no Yoru there's a kind of prologue where a character turns up a day after the main story has taken place, and sees the results without knowing what's going on - it builds curiosity.

Basically, there's a lot they can do with more POV characters, and I hope they will!

#6 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 500 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

I am going with people who agree on multiple perspectives XD same thing to say, though... so yeah.

30vipvk.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 292 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

I'd prefer focusing one character so you can focus on her story. Mostly because I hate that after the game there will be questions like: 'Well? What happened to the third character? Did he/she survive?' and leave it open like that (or is it just part of the whole thing to think afterwards what happened to them? Hmmm....). 

And when there is lots of them you'll be like "Not this character again ! When I get to play as that character again..? I hate this one." and you don't focus the game itself very well. Ofc it was really a relief when you had someone (in FF2, for example, Mayu) with you and you don't have to be all alone in the game all the time. 

But to think of it I don't mind either way, because of course the story itself would open up more as there would be more perspectives. Annnnddd I agree with the midwinter, she put the multiple perspective thing kind well.

1 to 3 character would be nice ^^'

#8 OFFLINE   dark_ardhyrha

dark_ardhyrha

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts
  • Locationsomewhere only god know ..

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

more character to play is not so bad .. but still i prefer one protagonist in a game .. especialy for this horror ..

122121n.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

I think it would be kind of interesting if the girl you see in the water in the trailer (white ruffled blouse thing) is Himino's friend she sends Yuuri to look for and the second character, and you play some chapters as Yuuri, some as her, in kind of opposite directions so you end up covering the whole area as both but at different stages, and you find out info that way until they finally meet. Something like that I would enjoy. Not having all of the focus on one character would open up avenues for new ways of exploring and new abilities, as well as a new perspective (and Yuuri's ability sounds like something that could turn into a really dull gimmick if they overused it). Maybe someone with more intimate knowledge of the mountain and its religious beliefs who could do something to clue us in without needing a bunch of long, esoteric notes? Maybe with a kind of notebook like Choushirou had?

I think two characters would be enough though. I wouldn't want three or more for this game.

AAHOrHo.gif

#10 OFFLINE   PuggyJoe

PuggyJoe

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

I see where you're coming from with that Choushirou-esque character idea, the whole.. knowledgeable adult kind of feeling, perhaps. That's not unlikely, and would be interesting. I hope they do not simply throw out the multiple perspectives idea, but if they do I think they would have to focus intensely on other pleasing elements of her story and the structure of the game itself, so let's hope that would be the case if they decide to have one protagonist.

Edited by PuggyJoe, 18 July 2014 - 04:00 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   koko

koko

Lost Twin

• Administrators
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Considering that the person in the beginning of the trailer looks nothing like Yuuri, I think it's safe to say that's another main character? She has darker hair, a flower pin accessory and different clothes. They also look nothing alike when it comes to the face. 

#12 OFFLINE   niaamakura

niaamakura

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 21 posts
  • LocationElympios

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

Multiple of course!

I'll be really glad if another dude include as playable character ^p^

#13 ONLINE   suprimeking

suprimeking

Suprime Hipster

• Spirited Aways
  • 77 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

multiple perspective would make the game more interesting but i don't mind how it goes  

you brought this upon yourself mortal now you learn the way of darkness 

#14 OFFLINE   CakeCorpse

CakeCorpse

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

I think midwinter hit the nail on the head. Multiple perspectives bring more dimension to the story and gameplay. I feel FF4 did this wonderfully, especially with how inter-connected the characters all were. 

Pixel art by: buta774

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Gameplay, Poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users