Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 08:53 PM) My goal is eventually to have the kitchen designed like a combination of food and chemistry.
midwinter : (11 September 2018 - 08:54 PM) Oooh, that sounds cool! I hope you find one. They're so iconic, I feel like someone must sell them...
midwinter : (11 September 2018 - 08:55 PM) That's such a creative idea
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 08:55 PM) Yes. A friend has a big antique sale they do every year, I feel like maybe that might be the place to find some great treasure.
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 08:57 PM) Thanks! I love your spooky aesthetic idea too!! It sounds amazing. :) BRB. Repentance is giving me glares.
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 08:59 PM) The essence of lemons in the chalice of ponies has been offered. :P The repentance has been calmed.
midwinter : (11 September 2018 - 09:02 PM) and there was much rejoicing
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 09:04 PM) :icon_twin:  :icon_twin:  :icon_twin:
Emi : (11 September 2018 - 09:34 PM) alright, gotta go storm prep. see you later~
midwinter : (11 September 2018 - 09:36 PM) good luck!
Gbarchetta : (12 September 2018 - 01:17 PM) My Shadow of the Tomb Raider copy just came in the mail. But I can only play this weekend :(
Chou : (12 September 2018 - 01:26 PM) Stay safe Emi!!!!
Chou : (12 September 2018 - 01:26 PM) And awwww how comes?
Cursed Lemon : (12 September 2018 - 10:08 PM) Hey Emi, be careful and be well!
midwinter : (14 September 2018 - 04:26 AM) The forums aren't exploding, so I'm guessing there was no FF in the Direct last night
midwinter : (14 September 2018 - 05:03 AM) New animal crossing, though!
GregZerO : (14 September 2018 - 09:55 AM) thank god I didnt watch it cause from what I read today  i would get way too bored
Chou : (17 September 2018 - 02:57 PM) Tokyo Game Show is this weekend... Here's to having a little bit of hope, again, since Nintedo Direct had nothing D:
GregZerO : (17 September 2018 - 06:50 PM) my hopes are not that high to be honest but I would love a decent announcement
GregZerO : (19 September 2018 - 07:14 PM) Soo announcements begin from  20 until 23?Do we know which day TecmoKoei announces stuff or its random.

Photo

Latest news (updated 24 September)

Fatal Frame Series News Fatal Frame V Zero Movie Shadow Priestess

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

Been away for a while and want to catch up on the latest news about the Fatal Frame series? This is the topic for you. It'll be updated regularly with links and summaries of recent announcements, pictures and information.

APRIL

22 April 2014
Developers announce there will be a new Fatal Frame for the Wii U, as well as a novel, a Japanese movie, a comic, and possibly a Hollywood movie in future. The official website for the Japanese movie goes up the same day.

JUNE

13 June 2014

Kadokawa releases several promotional images for the movie, and a teaser image of the main character from the next Fatal Frame game. They announce that the movie will hit cinemas on 26 September 2014, with tickets going on sale on 28 June 2014. Those who order tickets in advance will receive a clear version of the main character teaser.

26 June 2014

A trailer for the movie is released.

27 June 2014

New article posted on Famitsu about the trailer. It includes a new poster and information about the artist who will be performing the themesong, JAMOSA. The official website gets overhauled too, and we get a clear look at the movie's Camera Obscura.

JULY

3 July 2014

The novel has a product page on Kadokawa's website, announcing the release date (23rd August) along with a short summary.

15 July

Nintendo has announced there will be a Niconico livestream introducing the new Fatal Frame for Wii U at 13:30 JST on July 17. Get ready!

17 July

Today was the day of the livestream, and we got SO MUCH NEWS. Abbreviated list:

• Trailer, official website and screenshots of Fatal Frame: The Raven-Haired Shrine Maiden for Wii U, which will be released on September 27 2014.
  • Chapter 1 of Fatal Frame: Shadow Priestess, the manga by Tadashi Agi.
  • News that the Hollywood movie will be directed by Samuel Hadida, who worked on Resident Evil.
  • Whole lot of other information, translated and gathered into one convenient post.

24 July

• Famitsu ran an article summarising the livestream and promoting Fatal Frame V - nothing we didn't already know, but some nice publicity.
  • Chapter 2 of Fatal Frame: Shadow Priestess went up on MangaBox.

31 July

• Chapter 3 of Fatal Frame: Shadow Priestess went up on MangaBox.

It's definitely updating on a weekly schedule, with both the Japanese and English versions going up at midnight JST, so I won't continue to update the news post every time there's a new chapter.

AUGUST

1 August

• Kadokawa posted a new trailer for the movie.
  • Famitsu ran an article about it, including several new pictures.

22 August

• Fatal Frame 5 now has official box art for the Japanese version!
  • Shadow Priestess didn't get its scheduled update yesterday - no news yet on whether this is a delay, planned or otherwise, or whether they only ever intended to release the first five chapters on MangaBox. A physical edition of Volume 1 will be available to buy in Japanese on 17 September

28 August

Fatal Frame 5 was featured in a double spread in Famitsu on Wednesday, which included a lot of information on characters and gameplay! It was also revealed that Tsuki Amano would be contributing an original song after all, in addition to Higanbana by AnJu.

30 August

The novel, "A Curse Affecting Only Girls", has been released in Japan! Come and read a sample in the discussion topic!

SEPTEMBER

10 September

Fatal Frame 5 has a new full-length trailer! The official website has also had some major updates, including character profiles, gameplay videos and more information about the game and its story.

17 September

Another Famitsu article with even more new material has been released! It includes info on characters, setting and gameplay, and also reveals that Miku Hinasaki will be making an appearance as Miu's mother.

There's also a third trailer, full of new footage.

24 September

As release day approaches, Famitsu have published another article about Fatal Frame 5, including an interview with the creators. Two new characters are also introduced, one of whom might be familiar to fans of Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive.

• Emi, Rheo and AnimalLover47999 like this

#2 OFFLINE   Spiral

Spiral

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:38 PM

so much awesome stuff

#3 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

Do you think there will be more news during the Tokyo game show this year ?
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

I'm really optimistic that there'll be something (hence the countdown in the forum sidebar, heh). It seems like the timing of the original announcement was perfect to let the movie and book accumulate some hype, with the game on the backburner, and then bring out a trailer or something at TGS. I'll be keeping an eye on all the Nintendo Directs as well, though.

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#5 OFFLINE   AweOfShe

AweOfShe

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 26 posts
  • LocationYoshinogari, Saga, Japan

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

Fatal Frame U stream on July 17th, on NicoNico.

https://twitter.com/...928165209714688

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it.)

Edited by AweOfShe, 15 July 2014 - 06:34 AM.

• midwinter likes this

shinugayoi.png

#6 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

OMG, a whole livestream just for us? It's like a dream come true. Thanks for the tip, AweOfShe, I'll add it to the main post!

#7 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!  Thank you Aweofshe for letting us know! :D

#8 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

Awesome sauce but jeez 5:30am uk time jeez

Edited by Lunar Dani, 15 July 2014 - 05:28 PM.

photo flandrebanner.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   AweOfShe

AweOfShe

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 26 posts
  • LocationYoshinogari, Saga, Japan

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

The timing sucks for me too. Despite being in Japan, I'm going to be in the middle of teaching class, as the stream goes on. :(

shinugayoi.png

#10 OFFLINE   gekkai

gekkai

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

Woo~ Ayane is in Fatal Frame!! A nice little surprise there Tecmo! Ayane is really getting a lot of love, seeing how she is appearing in Ninja Gaiden, Orochi Warriors, and now Fatal Frame!! Seems like she is the new Kei with all the hiding mechanics. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame Series, News, Fatal Frame V, Zero Movie, Shadow Priestess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users