Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.
thomas06 : (25 July 2020 - 10:32 PM) Hey Guys!
NuMetalWolf : (30 August 2020 - 09:46 AM) It's been 6 years.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:36 PM) 12, actually. I wasn't counting the time i spent here before the move out.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:39 PM) To whoever reads this, I wish you all good luck.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:46 PM) Stay safe, everyone.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:47 PM) Bye.

Photo
- - - - -

Questions about the game

Fatal Frame IV Question Theory Curse Misaki Asou Choushiro Kirishima Madoka Tsukimori Sakuya Haibara Rituals

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   VanillaLake

VanillaLake

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

I just beat the game for the second time (Hard) and I don't understand some things. By the way. Chōshirō Kirishima also looks at Sakuya in the Courtyard. Did You Haibara's ghost really killed him with a knife? How can that happen?

Sakuya was comatose according to the game, but if she was comatose, why was she roaming the island?

What happened to Madoka? She falls down in fear as two ghosts come near, and then become a ghost. But does it mean that she died? How? Not all ghosts are of dead people, there are ghosts of alive people in the game.

Misaki falls down in the Moon Reflection Cave and the door closes. What happened right after that?

I think the only clear case is Ruka's. She managed to get through and complete her role as a Tsukimori clan member, playing the Tsukimori song for the troubled spirits to go back to the Afterlife/Moon.

Madoka's surname is Tsukimori. Was Madoka also a Tsukimori clan member?

European guy.

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

Split this to its own topic, since it didn't have much to do with Madoka, Misaki and Ruka's Getsuyuu Syndrome. :)

Did You Haibara's ghost really killed him with a knife? How can that happen?

No, the real You Haibara stabbed him back in 1972, and both of them died in the fall from the roof. Now they're both ghosts repeating their last actions.

Sakuya was comatose according to the game, but if she was comatose, why was she roaming the island?

She was in a coma after the Kiraigou/Ceremony of Passage, between 1970 and 1972, but she woke up on the Day Without Suffering. You actually see her waking up in one of the cutscenes; I'll try and dig up a link to a video of it on YouTube.

ETA: Here we go.

What happened to Madoka? She falls down in fear as two ghosts come near, and then become a ghost. But does it mean that she died? How? Not all ghosts are of dead people, there are ghosts of alive people in the game.

Unclear. I personally think she died then and there, but some people think she somehow survived that and kept wandering around for a while, then died later offscreen.

There aren't really any ghosts of living people. The closest things are the visions the girls see of their childhood selves running around, but that's partly explained by the fact that the Camera Obscura in this game is meant to reveal the past, and partly by the idea that their souls might have been split when the Ceremony of Passage failed and they all lost their memories, similar to what happened to Yae in FF2. All the other ones you see - You, Choushiro, Sayaka, etc - are actually dead.

Misaki falls down in the Moon Reflection Cave and the door closes. What happened right after that?

Presumably she was spirited away, since she's gone when Ruka gets there soon after, but since she's shown waking up and escaping in the Hard Mode ending, she didn't die immediately.

Madoka's surname is Tsukimori. Was Madoka also a Tsukimori clan member?

Also unclear. I personally think not, based on a couple of things:

• her surname is written 月森, whereas the Tsukimori shrine maidens wrote it 月守

• the name doesn't necessarily imply affiliation with the Tsukimori shrine maidens, since Sayaka and Ruka have the surname Minazuki and that's not said to be unusual

But the game never said, and when someone asked Shibata about it on Twitter he didn't give a definite answer. So you can make your own mind up about that.

• VanillaLake likes this

#3 OFFLINE   VanillaLake

VanillaLake

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

Good idea to move the thread.

I like Madoka. She was the only one who reacted in a normal way when they started seeing ghosts and I also liked her look the most. I was sad about her story being so short. I also liked Misaki's curiosity (and her eyes) that matches her being a medium and Chōshirō Kirishima's integrity. At first, Ruka was not that interesting to me but hey she worked hard and became a heroine. It was cool that there were different cameras in the game.

About the cameras capturing the past, weren't there "ghosts" of alive people in Project Zero 2 Wii Edition? I don't remember very well because I played that one twice when it was released while I just played Project Zero 4 twice in a row.

I think that the Ceremony of Passage is the old name of the Kagura Dance but I'm not sure what the Day Without Suffering is. It looks like a tragedy from the past but also like something than happened more than once. Apparently, Sakuya was the dancer in a Kagura Dance but the Mask of the Lunar Eclipse was not perfect and something went wrong. I assume she went comatose after that and her brother and father tried to repeat the Kagura Dance 10 years later when the next lunar eclipse occurred in order to make the evil spirit within her leave. But why was she comatose for two years? When was the last Kagura Dance?

Getsuyuu Syndrome is Luna Sedata Syndrome?

I promise I read all (translated) in-game documents each time I played!

Edited by VanillaLake, 23 June 2014 - 10:24 AM.

European guy.

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

Sakuya was the Utsuwa of the 1970 Kiraigou, like midwinter said.  We don't know when the last Kiraigou or Day Without Suffering happened, just that it wasn't performed again until Shigeto brought it back to cure Sakuya.  The Day Without Suffering is when the Utsuwa blooms and spreads it across the island via Resonance, like what happened in 1972. 

#5 OFFLINE   deer

deer

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

Unclear. I personally think she died then and there, but some people think she somehow survived that and kept wandering around for a while, then died later offscreen.

I like to think that she somehow managed to enter the library and then she saw Sakuya and bloomed, because when you play as Ruka as you leave the place she appears there so I thought it could be a hint.

ABID1K8.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame IV, Question, Theory, Curse, Misaki Asou, Choushiro Kirishima, Madoka Tsukimori, Sakuya Haibara, Rituals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users