Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.
thomas06 : (25 July 2020 - 10:32 PM) Hey Guys!
NuMetalWolf : (30 August 2020 - 09:46 AM) It's been 6 years.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:36 PM) 12, actually. I wasn't counting the time i spent here before the move out.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:39 PM) To whoever reads this, I wish you all good luck.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:46 PM) Stay safe, everyone.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:47 PM) Bye.

Photo
- - - - -

How the girls were cured?

Fatal Frame IV Ruka Minazuki Misaki Asou Madoka Tsukimori Curse Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Metafalica

Metafalica

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

To talk about Misaki, the game records always says something like "is she is budding or no is unknown" or "she will bloom soon" or "her condition is unstable", but in the end she grew up fine enough.

How doctor prevented her from blooming? I also remember some records about special treatment, but not clear.

Same question goes for Ruka. Did she get petter as soon as left the island with mother?

Also, they saw Sakuya's face so many times, but never bloomed. Why? :o

Edited by midwinter, 23 June 2014 - 04:02 PM.
Adding tags

#2 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

I think people were generally cured as they left the island, as they were no longer exposed to the spirits flooding Rogetsu due to the lack of kagura and their lunar melody (or w/e it was called, can't remember the details) was no longer drowned out. But then it seems that the other two kanade bloomed even when they weren't at the island, and Misaki saw herself blooming in the mirror before rogetsu, so even then that reason isn't flawless.

As for why they never bloomed when they saw Sakuya, I've no idea. Maybe because Sakuya's now a ghost or something, but I'm pretty sure she was meant to be neither alive or dead or something. 

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#3 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:09 AM

I think maybe since the girls lost all of their memories their disease may have been put into a dormant state.  But as the Lunar Eclipse draws near their budding flares up and in the case of Marie Shinomiya and Tomoe Nanamura killed them.  In the case of Misaki it started flaring up and she heads back to Rougetsu Island with Madoka following her out of worry.  Ruka's doesn't flare up till after she sees Madoka's bloomed face so hers might have been very subdued until then.

Ruka's (and possibly Misaki's) Getsuyuu Syndrome was permanently cured when Ruka played the Tsukimori song and Choushiro put Sakuya at peace which both calmed the moon and allowed the souls trapped on the island to ascend to the afterlife.

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:04 AM

According to notes on the Moon Reflection Well and Misaki's chart, people who had completely lost their memory could have their condition stabilized by soaking in the moonlight there.  How it lasted 10 years or why none of them Bloom the second they see Sakuya is a total mystery.   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame IV, Ruka Minazuki, Misaki Asou, Madoka Tsukimori, Curse, Question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users