Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:05 AM) yeah, there are a couple of different versions, i think
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:06 AM) i tried removing the voiceover from the quiet version, and it's okayish, but it affects the music a bit too because the melody line is someone humming instead of an instrument
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:13 AM) anyway, it's here if you want it!
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) thanks a lot for everything mid :)
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!

Photo
- - - - -

Day 6 - Least Favourite Male Character

Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Day 6

(Draw him! Write about him! Simply tell us who and why! Post a graphic or a screenshot!)

#2 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

Mafuyu. ...

Miku: Oh hey nii-san. Lets go home!
Mafuyu: Lol Nope, I rather stay with this dead chick then go home with you.
Me: ...........was my efforts and time... wasted?! O_O

• Sosezi likes this

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#3 OFFLINE   PhoenixTsukino

PhoenixTsukino

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

I don't really have a least favorite

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixTsukino (I make Let's Plays)

#4 OFFLINE   Meadz

Meadz

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Kei Amakura.  I just couldn't be interested in his character, loathed playing as him and was annoyed with the whole Hiding ability.

#5 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

mine would have to Mafuyu. You go through all the trouble to rescue him and he just stays behind with a dead girl that he barely knows. Even though there's two other endings I'm sure the one were he stays is the canon one. So my least favorite is Mafuyu.

a80Suw0.png

#6 OFFLINE   sora2522

sora2522

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

Like the other people who mentioned him, I'ma have to go with Mafuyu. In retrospect, him staying with Kirie was a nice gesture, but after suffering through all of that to find him, only to be forced to leave the mansion empty-handed...plus, it f****d up Miku badly enough for her to relive it all during FF3 >__>

NPC-wise I would pick Lord Himuro. For similar reasons as to why I dislike Yashuu, he was just too damn ruthless and caused the Calamity = =;

Edited by Chelsea, 14 July 2013 - 12:22 AM.
Language : >

#7 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Sorry, but I have to say Kei ; his story doesn't interest me :

-Hi, my name is Kei and I'm looking for my niece who's crazy, but I am also pursued by a tatooed nudist and a woman who cries blood & has never cut her hair <3

I exaggerate a little yeah, but it's for point out the fact I think it's too bad Kei didn't have a better story... but  it's cool he died at the end :3

198003testsakuya.png

#8 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

Like mentioned above mine would be Mafuyu but not for the same reasons.  Personally I actually really like him staying with Kirie.  I think it could be a very tragic and emotional thing.  However I don't think it was executed the way it should have been.  I think it would have been great if they had fleshed him out more as a character and had him visibly show that he actually wanted to escape with Miku.  However he sacrifices what he wants because in the end Kirie is the one who needed some comfort the most.  If Miku died she would go to Heaven and be at peace forever.  However Kirie would always be alone and suffering for all eternity.  Mafuyu staying with Kirie is honestly (as bad for Miku as it is) the better option as it makes the person who is suffering the most have a little joy in their suffering and it keeps them from giving up in their duty.  I think that if it had shown Mafuyu visibly and mentally saddened and heartbroken over leaving his little sister all alone, but at the same time him doing it because he realizes it's the better option in the grand scheme of things would make me love him as a character and I really think that's what they were going for.

However as of current writing Mafuyu is just a somewhat bland character who (while a good person and someone that you don't want to see die) doesn't leave as much of an emotional impact as he could have.

#9 OFFLINE   Zuhna

Zuhna

Beardghost

• Spirited Aways
  • 65 posts
  • LocationIsland full of bananas

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

My least favorite male would be Kei. I just can't get inside him because he is so young. He kind of lacks the manly characterics.

zD527Ay.png

#10 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Itsuki. Stupid, nasal, whiny little bishounen. Never got the appeal except he was at the time the only viable male shipping option besides Mafuyu.

AAHOrHo.gif

#11 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

Even famous novelists didn't get to write their own obituary, but Takamine wrote the last entry in his diary carefully, choosing just the right phrases. What would these words say about him, if he died? That he had been brave in the face of death, clear-headed to the end? Or only that he had acted too slowly to save Koji and Tomoe?

If he lived, it wouldn't matter what he'd written in his diary – he'd write what had happened into his novel, and that would become the truth. And after all, he'd done everything he could for Tomoe, hadn't he?

----

Takamine. I don't know if it's a translation issue or what, but he's so self-centred. He led two colleagues to their deaths, and he's still going on about material for his precious novel? GTFO.

#12 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

Ryokan Kurosawa.

Ryokan: "Why did Yae run away?"

WHAT DO YOU THINK?  <_<

Oh and I hate his fight. He just continued to send that damn priests...It took me forever to beat him.

#13 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

Itsuki for not helping in the damn slightest and being responsible for killing everyone.

#14 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 292 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

Mafuyu. Lack of character. And poor, poor Miku.

New_Canvas.jpg

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#15 OFFLINE   Elyonum

Elyonum

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:23 AM

Oh it's Ryokan u_u 

htxj7r.png

bff2gl.jpg

Sweetness~ 

#16 Guest_Haise_*

Guest_Haise_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:30 PM

Mafuyu. No personality, useless, does not think about Miku at all.

Also, we could only play with him for 5 minutes. 

Why did you have to abandon Miku, stupid?! 

#17 OFFLINE   Chuiga

Chuiga

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:54 PM

Mafuyu, HOW DARE YOU! All those horrible things your sister had to go throught and then you say "Sorry, I stay here. Too bad, now run out"

mafuyu_zps4vtuhxho.jpg

• midwinter likes this

#18 OFFLINE   Spirit Mountain

Spirit Mountain

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:17 PM

Sorry, but I have to say Kei ; his story doesn't interest me :

-Hi, my name is Kei and I'm looking for my niece who's crazy, but I am also pursued by a tatooed nudist and a woman who cries blood & has never cut her hair <3

I exaggerate a little yeah, but it's for point out the fact I think it's too bad Kei didn't have a better story... but  it's cool he died at the end :3

Technically, Kei didn't die as the canon ending was him, Rei, Miku and Mio all surviving the tattoed curse.

But anyway, my least favorite male character probably is the Kusabi, mainly because you can't hurt him until the end and even then he can kill you with one hit.

Kusabi--article_image_zpsxlqcnv05.jpg

Though, I do have to say I really liked the Seijiro Makabe character.  :)

#19 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:21 PM

There are quite few male characters I dislike in the series, but putting aside the obviously twisted and/or insane cases, there is one case that strucks me most as disturbing. Going with the crowd; Mafuyu it is. Now the idea itself would be quite tragic and nice on itself, but the writing and execution is so lacking around his choice that it mainly just makes him selfish and uncaring. He doesn't even seem to want to go with Miku, he just keeps his attention on Kirie and sees her as more worthy of protecting than his own sister he has taken care of so long. How about her pain? "Lol Miku too bad, I know you're strong and go forward with happy faces, it's not like losing your closest person can hurt and torment you for years. Like I cared either way. This chick needs my help." Thus his nobel act turns into just selfish move where he puts his own duty over his sister's pain. It's not fair towards Miku at all, and only comes out as irritating. He doesn't even have depression like Itsuki to explain his actions. On top of all, what are Mafuyu's last words to Miku? All about Kirie and her pain and why he has to stay, not a word of apology or caring words towards Miku other than pressing her go on without him. Like that will help during the next years, great advice there bro. During the series, he has become more of a burden stack for Miku than close family member.

Among the others, You is other one I don't like. Not much to say, he's simply twisted sadistic person who does terrible things to people without caring and acts so smug during the game. I'm honestly mad/sad that he managed to ruin the day even in his final moments. He can go jump off a roof for all I care.

Edited by FeraN, 11 August 2015 - 09:32 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users