Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.
thomas06 : (25 July 2020 - 10:32 PM) Hey Guys!
NuMetalWolf : (30 August 2020 - 09:46 AM) It's been 6 years.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:36 PM) 12, actually. I wasn't counting the time i spent here before the move out.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:39 PM) To whoever reads this, I wish you all good luck.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:46 PM) Stay safe, everyone.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:47 PM) Bye.

Photo
- - - - -

Could someone explain the fate of Choushiro Kirishima?

Fatal Frame IV Choushiro Kirishima Glitch Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Metafalica

Metafalica

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

I found the end of hist final chapters is very shocking.

Well, after knowing that Fatal Frames usually had "bad", "not that bad", "good enough" and "good" endings, I hoped that his could be fixed by playing in hard mode, but this is not true.

Probably FF4 was released not fully finished, because of bugs and etc. By the way, could someone answer me on this also?: http://www.gamefaqs....wers?qid=372430

But about the main question... Err, was the Choushiro a ghost in the beginning of the game?

I found it kind of suspicious that he ended his journey in same place where he started it.

So it's kind of recurrence, like the ghost was fulfilling his duty again and again... and after falling from roof he will wake up again and start to search for Ruka?

Or was that just a coincidence?

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

Yeah, he was dead from the beginning. He was on the island in 1972 on the Day Without Suffering, which is when he recorded this tape. Then he spotted Haibara and followed him to the roof, and Haibara killed him, just the same as in Choushiro's last chapter. And yeah, that's why at the start of the game he wakes up on the ground in front of the hospital. There's some debate over whether he and Haibara have been repeating this cycle over and over again since the DWS and Choushiro just doesn't remember, but I don't think the Ruka parts of his quest began until Ruka actually came to the island and Sayaka called on him for help.

I don't think they ever intended to "fix" his story on different modes, because, well... he's dead, so there's not much you can do about it. In the end, it turns out his story is also about recovering lost memories, just like Ruka and Misaki, but unlike them he doesn't realise he's forgotten anything. Things have to play out the way they do for him to understand what's happened to him.

About the GameFAQs question, that does sound like a glitch. I'd assume it's because when you're in Room 412 before, the door never actually needs to be unlocked, you're just transported straight to the hospital, and since they probably assumed nobody would go all the way back, they never bothered programming it to unlock. Just guessing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame IV, Choushiro Kirishima, Glitch, Question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users