Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (12 October 2017 - 12:37 PM) Maybe Spirit Camera since I don't replay that very often...
GreekShadow : (12 October 2017 - 02:45 PM) I might replay FF3.Not sure if I should start a brand new playthrough or one with my unlockes though hmmm.I have years to play FF3 ;_;
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) Just think: yukatas.   :icon_ff3miku1:
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) (Why Rei doesn't have a blue one will forever be a mystery)
asagi : (12 October 2017 - 04:37 PM) I want to replay the games but mom threw the ps3 out of the window :zca rei:
Eisenalex : (12 October 2017 - 11:16 PM) Why would she do that?
Eisenalex : (14 October 2017 - 11:30 AM) I just learned that there's apparently a manga based on Siren made by Junji Ito.
Hex : (15 October 2017 - 01:11 PM) If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's unsurprisingly pretty gross.
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 02:20 PM) It's Junji Ito. Of course it gets either super weird or gross, lol.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 03:15 PM) And me being curious I had to look it up. Yup definitely gross XD
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:17 PM) Did you think it was that bad? I enjoy Ito's stuff a lot.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 05:32 PM) Meh.. It wasn't all that bad. Just more unsettling than "gross". Those weird worm girls or whatever are way worse *cringes*
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:41 PM) I'm not sure what you mean by "worm girls". He did a couple of slug-transformations, though.
NightmarePic... : (16 October 2017 - 11:02 PM) That was it.. yup lol
Hex : (17 October 2017 - 05:33 PM) My new washing machine makes jingles whenever it's finished like an ice cream van.
NightmarePic... : (17 October 2017 - 06:12 PM) I... don't think that's good Hex.. You might want to check what's in there other than clothes lol
Kouta Koikawa : (17 October 2017 - 06:28 PM) Maybe they come with entertaining sound effects these days.
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:15 PM) A lot of the new ones are supposed to chime to let you know when the cycle is done
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:16 PM) Mine does, at least
Eisenalex : (17 October 2017 - 09:59 PM) The future is now.

Photo

Lack of understanding (spoilers for 2nd night)

Fatal Frame Hints Rituals

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Adda

Adda

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:59 AM

I'm playing FF1 now, and I don't quite undestand what's going on. Which leads me to becoming confused about what to do. Before that, everything was so logical. Either investigate rooms you haven't investigated, or go somewhere to do something specific. But now I'm stumped.

What IS the demon tag? Tag is a game, I know, but it doesn't explain what's going on.

Miku found a demon tag, it turned out to be an actual piece of clothes or paper, whatever it is, and now I'm even more confused. What does she do next? Nobody is running after her to get that tag, so what should she do?

And why the demon tag, why not doll tag or ghost tag? I don't get it. What has that piece of clothes to do with being a demon, and why a demon? (At first I even thought that Miku was called a demon by those children, which confused me a lot!)

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,103 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

The term Demon Tag refers to a game that's also used as one of the rituals in the game's backstory. It's not really something you have to do in the game, just part of the background Miku's uncovering. The name "Demon Tag" is just a translation of the Japanese - "oni" or "demon" is basically the same as saying someone's "it" in English. In the past the game involved the "Blind Demon" chasing children and catching them one by one, so when the children say Miku's the demon, that means they're going to be hiding and she's going to be seeking. It's not exactly a hint, so much as foreshadowing that you spend a lot of this chapter tracking down child ghosts for key items.

I'm not sure which item you're talking about when you say she "found a demon tag" - there's a hint photo showing a scroll, and the scroll itself, which you get by completing the puzzle with candles in the Burial Room. The scroll isn't clothes, it's like a wall hanging with a picture of people playing Demon Tag. Once you get the scroll, you have to hang it up where it was in Night 1, on the wall in the Doll Room.

#3 OFFLINE   Adda

Adda

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:10 PM

Thanks a lot, now it makes sense!

Yes, the tag she found is the one after the candle puzzle, and I completely forgot where it was hanging in Chapter 1. Bad memory. :(

The game is great, btw. My first reaction was to shut it down and turn the lights on, but after that I got a grip on myself and started playing like a normal human being.

Ok, now I'm at a loss again... After taking the mirror shard from the boy who comes from the clock and attacks, I don't know what to do with it and where to go next.

Maybe I missed some hint at where to go again. Or are you supposed to check each and every door and room when you don't know what to do and hope to stumble upon the solution accidentally? :(

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 758 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

Head up the stairs in the same room and the door should be sealed with a talisman.  The rest will fall into place once you open it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Hints, Rituals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users