Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo

Thoughts on returning characters

Fatal Frame V Fandom Opinion

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

What do you think?  Are previous characters, either playable or just in name only, something you'd like to see?  Is there anyone in particular or would you prefer an entirely new set?  

#2 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

I'd really like to see Misaki and Ruka, but some years after FF4 and FF3 events =)

But generally, I would prefer new characters ;)

198003testsakuya.png

#3 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

The more central a character was to a past game, the less I'd want to see them return as a player character or protagonist in a new one. I think they handled Miku and Mio's return very deftly in FF3, but it's something that's probably hard to do well and find a balance between the new characters and story and the old ones that fans will already be attached to. I wouldn't mind seeing some little reference to Ruka or Misaki, though, just some acknowledgement that FF4 did happen and the developers aren't trying to bury it. :P

I would be happy to see some secondary characters returning as secondary characters or getting mentioned again, like Ryozo and Yae. Things like that expand the universe without overshadowing the new story and I really enjoy that.

Definitely weighted towards new characters, though. I don't think I'd want any children of former protagonists or Choushiro's long-lost sister or anything like that, either, it feels a bit like cheating.

#4 OFFLINE   LadyHepatica

LadyHepatica

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

It would depend on the location of the new game, but I would like to see cameos of ghosts- like Mayu or Maya. I dunno, I really like references of past games. I love how the games have tried to keep a connection one way or another. And can't forget Kunihiko Asou ;D

#5 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 429 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

as much as i want the gorgeous miku to return and the others for that matter i think theyve suffered enough bring them back again and they will become somewhat veterans at ghost slaying especially miku. what i love about the ff games is the characters arent strong and are scared their "everymen", like i said i think if you bring them back again theyll lose that special quality. so i want a new protagonist(s), id like to here them in name and lore though

Edited by Lunar Dani, 23 April 2014 - 09:06 PM.

photo flandrebanner.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:10 AM

I'd want a brand new cast of characters with their own unique and never before done stories to keep things interesting and to help expand the lore.  My only exception would be that a reference to Ruka and Misaki (if she's alive) in the game to as Midwinter said above connect Fatal Frame 4 more to the other games with its characters.  I wouldn't say to actually bring them into the game physically but maybe make mention to what they do with themselves after 4 (as long as you don't kill them).  That or I might like a reference to the Purple Diary and the Rite of Eternal Site from Spirit Camera to help connect it more with the main games.  Stuff like that I'd be really fine with and if they can make a side character have a good role in this next story then I'm all for it.

But I would not want a return for Miku, Mio, Rei, or Kei outside of maybe a note mentioning them or something (maybe like what Mio is doing with her life now that she doesn't have to take care of Mayu and maybe even make mention of her both missing Mayu but now being happy with the freedom and the joy of living her own life.  Or something along the lines of Shizu getting better and Mio, her, and Kei living and being happy they still have each other)  Something like that would be really nice so long as you don't drag her into the main plot and risk her life with the whole curse and ghost thing).  They've been through enough grief as it is and unless it's something like I mentioned above with Mio then no I wouldn't want to see them again.

#7 OFFLINE   A-love-suicide

A-love-suicide

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

I'd Love to see Yuu, because it would be really a shame that he was made as reason to make rei's curse, I think he'd deserve it..

#8 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

everyone XD LOL idk I just thought that at least we get to see someone aiding the main characters like in FF3...

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#9 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

I wouldn't mind a mention here or there (nothing like the 3rd game where they are playable!) from past characters but I would specifically love to see more about Dr. Asou. When I heard he was supposed to have a side story in the first game and Spirit Camera was supposed to be called "Dr.Asou's Spirit Camera" I was pretty disappointed. Of course, if this turned out to be a remake of the first game, that I would also be totally accepting of!

#10 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 508 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

Oh gosh... not even sure.

Dr. Asou has to. Period.

TBH, Miku, Mio & Mayu can stay out of it...please. (I love them, but they have had their spotlight).

Any of my boys, Mafuyu, Kei or Yuu....just as side references, maybe 'happier times when they were living' or something to that effect.

Hints at Ruka or the other two girls missing would be OK too. I always was curious about Dr. Asou and that maiden. Anything with the Asou family would be great.

But again, MINOR mentions, I don't want huge huge connections. I did love four being a stand alone story with minor hints here and there. I wouldn't mind that again tbh.

#11 OFFLINE   koko

koko

Lost Twin

• Administrators
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

I have to agree with Emi. We've had our fair share of Mio, Mayu and Miku. Stay away now, please.

I would love to see Ruka again. She's my favourite herioine out of them all. She can reappear if she wants to, but not too much. I don't want her to be a major character,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Fandom, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users