Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (12 October 2017 - 12:37 PM) Maybe Spirit Camera since I don't replay that very often...
GreekShadow : (12 October 2017 - 02:45 PM) I might replay FF3.Not sure if I should start a brand new playthrough or one with my unlockes though hmmm.I have years to play FF3 ;_;
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) Just think: yukatas.   :icon_ff3miku1:
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) (Why Rei doesn't have a blue one will forever be a mystery)
asagi : (12 October 2017 - 04:37 PM) I want to replay the games but mom threw the ps3 out of the window :zca rei:
Eisenalex : (12 October 2017 - 11:16 PM) Why would she do that?
Eisenalex : (14 October 2017 - 11:30 AM) I just learned that there's apparently a manga based on Siren made by Junji Ito.
Hex : (15 October 2017 - 01:11 PM) If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's unsurprisingly pretty gross.
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 02:20 PM) It's Junji Ito. Of course it gets either super weird or gross, lol.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 03:15 PM) And me being curious I had to look it up. Yup definitely gross XD
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:17 PM) Did you think it was that bad? I enjoy Ito's stuff a lot.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 05:32 PM) Meh.. It wasn't all that bad. Just more unsettling than "gross". Those weird worm girls or whatever are way worse *cringes*
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:41 PM) I'm not sure what you mean by "worm girls". He did a couple of slug-transformations, though.
NightmarePic... : (16 October 2017 - 11:02 PM) That was it.. yup lol
Hex : (17 October 2017 - 05:33 PM) My new washing machine makes jingles whenever it's finished like an ice cream van.
NightmarePic... : (17 October 2017 - 06:12 PM) I... don't think that's good Hex.. You might want to check what's in there other than clothes lol
Kouta Koikawa : (17 October 2017 - 06:28 PM) Maybe they come with entertaining sound effects these days.
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:15 PM) A lot of the new ones are supposed to chime to let you know when the cycle is done
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:16 PM) Mine does, at least
Eisenalex : (17 October 2017 - 09:59 PM) The future is now.

Photo

What Ifs

Fatal Frame V Opinion

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 482 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

For the FF5, while we wait for more info, ahh I'm quite excited now that my thoughts are gonna flood my braiiin~

I remembered we used to have a topic like this back in the old forum so...

how about it? :v

let's discuss what it's going to be~ XD

---

Character

the rest, if it applies then go on~

• nationality
  • relationship

Setting

• Where? If not familiar, state location or show a map.
  • What time? 2020? Ehehe >w<
  • Any event? Ex. a tsunami? XD

Theme

• Any number of themes will do
  • Color indication if there is any you have in mind atm
  • Justify the themes you picked.

Visual Style

• Realistic CGI? yes, why not?
  • interface design (yes or no buttons and dialogue box, menu look, save look, etc) - yes it should be related to the theme but while the design tradition fits, let's discuss the other choices.

More? Please state.

---

ja~! what are your ideas? XDDD

me?

oh I'm not sure, but maybe a handsome guy will do, somewhere else in Japan?? How about a hotel? LOL. And sometime around the 20th century? >w< Normal day, no events leading to the FF5 yet I suppose...

but better yet, it would be nice to see more things about the characters being explained as well to clear the confusion~ and a new place where we haven't explored yet~! perhaps a school could possibly do... we already have a house and hospital...

and for the theme, hmm so far I can't think of any atm yet, how about friendship? XD how must you deal with the misunderstandings in your friendship and how far can you go to save a friend? would you, as the person given/chosen the decision, sacrifice one of them for the sake of ending something that is never-ending? etc etc. IDK, I don't like this yet but it's just been Tomb Raider and that korean movie I remembered, going in my mind... ahaha. right. or could it be interesting if there is a theme of 7 capital sins?

as for the visual style, well yes CGI is more fitting. for the interface, do you know what I mean? in tomb raider, for example, the menu has transparency so in the background is where you are, something like that. like this.

for me... hmm maybe anything will do but at least I would like the interface to be stylized according to the theme. for example in FF2 it's butterflies, so the cursor for the in-game menu once opened should be a butterfly. XD just that, to be simple O:

meh, I can't remember what my thoughts are in the previous forum post and the inactive news of anything had gotten me all quite lost... until it became so true that for real, I don't know what to expect anymore haha... :\

edit: accidental redundancy LOL pardon.

Edited by midwinter, 23 June 2014 - 03:59 PM.
Adding tags

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#2 OFFLINE   米兰人

米兰人

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 105 posts
  • LocationMilano, 밀라노

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

Well, Fatal Frame is a Japanese franchise and every game was more or less was connected with Japan.

Once I read (maybe on this site) that in Japanese mythology, women are more connected/powerful when the topic is about paranormal activity and/or ghosts. I think it'll be hard to have a male as a main character.

The strong emphasis in Japanese culture is the signature brand for the series, I don't think they'll make a game too far away from this perspective.

Anyway, I'd like to see (play) a game where:

dialogues are in Latin (in my opinion, the best language for a survival horror game)

placed in the middle ages

with a storyline containing a mix of superstition and religious themes (witches, vampires, Inquisition, "crazy" bishops, crusaders, a war in the background...)

Someone said Castlevania? No, it's not the same. Too much action in that game, but considering it as a starting point (and nothing more) wouldn't be so bad.

I know, if I want this I don't have to look for a new Fatal frame game, but well...this topic is asking me what I want :P . And, why not, the game could have two main characters (something like Resident Evil 2 or, even if not exactly the same, Eternal Darkness) where their stories are somewhat connected between them; one placed in Japan (in the actual time) and the other one in Europe (in the middle ages).

Edited by 米兰人, 22 April 2014 - 09:42 PM.

tutto5600.png

#3 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 429 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:54 PM

I hope the main protagonist is another girl, I've gotten so used to playing as ladies with few exceptions that it'd feel strange if it didn't happen this time. As for theme hm... DEATH! Mwahahaha honestly I don't know I hope for another badass ritual and lots of pain and suffering and interesting lore, oh and side quests they'd be awesome like trying to find out what happened to a particular ghost and then confronting it and optional exploitable areas too. I dunno where'd id like it to be set except in japan, maybe an abandoned town or a bigger village maybe a seaside village or even a small town. Can't wait either way

Edited by Lunar Dani, 22 April 2014 - 11:01 PM.

photo flandrebanner.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   Reaperette

Reaperette

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

It would be interesting if Tecmo would try out something new in case of plot. In the previous games it was nearly always the same scheme:

Remote community of people have a wierd supernatural cult with gruesome rituals which usually require a female sacrifice (twins not always female, oh exceptions prove the rule!).
Actually I have no problem with this formular and I think they will stick to this rough system and of course tweak it somehow to construct the main setting and cult aspects.

Let's think, we had a mansion, a village, another mansion/manor, a mansion plus hospital and the movie will be set in a school. Maybe all stuff from this Multimedia Extravaganza will be connected in some parts, so it may also be in the same school. Or how about the same city main location is a.... museum? Old and rotten of course. What I liked most about FF3 was that the creepyness slowly began to invade Rei's house, the spot where you first thought you were safe from all ghostly stuff, so I could imagine some safe spot in this game, too.

We had a cult around mirror seal, twins/butterflies, tattoos, lunar eclipse . And all connected to the gates of hell and how to seal them if I remember correctly. Well, there is much space to interprete new cults or sub religions here. Can't think of anything in particular. 

If the plot is around a school I could think of a young single mother as playable character who searches for her child, but that sounds too much like grade school. Nah, probably a teenage girl in japanese highschool and mysteries concerning a secret cult of her students, maybe she was part of that cult herself and tries to stop the gruesome rituals the students have started as one student lost his/her live which was the protagonists best friend.... so much space to think about plot and story!

I would like to speculate about the gameplay mechanics and how they could be used on the WiiU.
What predestines the WiiU as THE Fatal Frame console is of course the controller. My first thought about the WiiU was how to play a Fatal Frame on it lol. I would split the gameplay between TV and controller screen: on the TV you always the the character in 3rd person, run around with the controlsticks of the gamepad like always, on the gamepad some inventory stuff, or status or map screen. And when you raise the gamepad in front of you in a vertical position you look through the camera obscura and take photos to kill ghosts or take hint photos, the TV screen stys in 3rd person during that camera mode. This could make it easier to locate a ghost when he warped around.

Whoaa, I want to play a Fatal Frame like this :D

#5 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

I'm hoping the camera will be handled like the scanner in ZombiU- you can move the WiiU pad around you to look around, but you can also use the analogue sticks the move the camera's view, so you don't have to turn 180 degrees.

Also Zuhna suggested yesterday the idea of being unable to pause, and menus being handled in real time through the WiiU pad (like in ZombiU again), which I think could be really tense too.

• MacabrelleEnvy likes this

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#6 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

I would like a story focused on the Asou family, maybe something about Misaki  =)

Oh, and I'd love that one of the main characters is a toddler, maybe Rei's child, who was pregnant before the Yuu's death? Her child would have supernatural gifts, like Miku in FF

+ I'd like the main in the game to be green ;) -because FF is purple, FFII is red, FF3 is blue & FF4 is yellow :3 -

Edited by Afterlife, 23 April 2014 - 03:40 PM.

198003testsakuya.png

#7 OFFLINE   LadyHepatica

LadyHepatica

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

I'd like the new game to stay old school. It's hard to imagine a modernized Fatal Frame using a smartphone for the camera- I mean it'd be hard to explain the evolution of Asou's research so that it'd be believable to me. Anyways, it would be cool to have two main protagonists again. I'm thinking of a couple, a boyfriend and girlfriend and you get to play as both of them as they try to piece the plot together. Maybe have different environments like IV had.

#8 OFFLINE   deer

deer

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

I hope to see more animals used in the game, but not as a sacrifice. Another forest, another beach, maybe a mountain, and a black or white scheme.

ABID1K8.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

I'm hoping the camera will be handled like the scanner in ZombiU- you can move the WiiU pad around you to look around, but you can also use the analogue sticks the move the camera's view, so you don't have to turn 180 degrees.

Also Zuhna suggested yesterday the idea of being unable to pause, and menus being handled in real time through the WiiU pad (like in ZombiU again), which I think could be really tense too.

I think I might have a heart attack if the menus worked in real time!

I'd like the new game to stay old school. It's hard to imagine a modernized Fatal Frame using a smartphone for the camera- I mean it'd be hard to explain the evolution of Asou's research so that it'd be believable to me. Anyways, it would be cool to have two main protagonists again. I'm thinking of a couple, a boyfriend and girlfriend and you get to play as both of them as they try to piece the plot together. Maybe have different environments like IV had.

I think if they wanted to "modernize it" then the camera wouldn't be a smartphone, but more of a DSLR. Also, since Dr. Asou disappeared before more modern cameras were introduced then someone else may have picked up his work and continued it (where the camera from spirit camera came from??).

Edited by MacabrelleEnvy, 05 May 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:28 AM

Hmm if the modernization would push through then I guess that a DSLR would be cool O:

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#11 OFFLINE   FiliusMartis

FiliusMartis

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Administrators
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

The problem with a digital camera is that it would eliminate the ammunition aspect of having to use film. Sure, you have an infinite supply of Type 07 in the newer games, but it's so weak that you still have to budget your hard hitting shots accordingly. The only possible thing I can think to replicate that with a digital camera would be batteries or charging, and that would seriously limit your environment.

As far as protagonists go, if there is more than one character that you play, I really don't want it to become an X is the special snowflake and everyone else dies again. I mean, I understand it to an extent, but we've done that. When I first read the sypnosis for Fatal Frame III, if I recall correctly, I was under the impression that you would get to choose your character for each task. I still think that could be neat, at least for certain parts of the game, though I understand there is often a symbolic connection between the player character and the ghosts in each chapter. It really depends on who the characters are and what kind of story they're in.

It also merits being said that the first playable character in the franchise was Mafuyu. No, he was not the main character of Fatal Frame, but he was a spiritually powerful male character. Kei was at least spiritually competent. Choushiro doesn't count because. My point here is that yes, I would like there to be a significant male (preferably playable) character who doesn't just serve as ghostly cannon fodder of some sort.

• Rheo likes this

#12 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

I don't really think modernising the camera would do anything besides make it look uglier. I mean, they'd probably just make it function the same but you'd get a bulky dslr rather than a pretty folding bellows camera.

• MacabrelleEnvy likes this

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#13 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

I understand that but perhaps we can just not get a real DSLR like that. Maybe a camera that looks similar to one in terms of modification and such. Yes? XD

I'd like to agree with FiliusMartis; this is probably how I feel now XD

oops pardon me if I've said such a contradictory statement D:

/so derp today

Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#14 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

and for the theme, hmm so far I can't think of any atm yet, how about friendship? XD how must you deal with the misunderstandings in your friendship and how far can you go to save a friend? would you, as the person given/chosen the decision, sacrifice one of them for the sake of ending something that is never-ending? etc etc. IDK, I don't like this yet but it's just been Tomb Raider and that korean movie I remembered, going in my mind... ahaha. right. or could it be interesting if there is a theme of 7 capital sins?

Lol, been going around thinking of something to... well, the forum is quiet... And this... yeah, we have those friends in the story, right?

Spoiler

I hope the main protagonist is another girl, I've gotten so used to playing as ladies with few exceptions that it'd feel strange if it didn't happen this time. As for theme hm... DEATH! Mwahahaha honestly I don't know I hope for another badass ritual and lots of pain and suffering and interesting lore, oh and side quests they'd be awesome like trying to find out what happened to a particular ghost and then confronting it and optional exploitable areas too. I dunno where'd id like it to be set except in japan, maybe an abandoned town or a bigger village maybe a seaside village or even a small town. Can't wait either way

Spoiler

It would be interesting if Tecmo would try out something new in case of plot. In the previous games it was nearly always the same scheme:

Remote community of people have a wierd supernatural cult with gruesome rituals which usually require a female sacrifice (twins not always female, oh exceptions prove the rule!).
Actually I have no problem with this formular and I think they will stick to this rough system and of course tweak it somehow to construct the main setting and cult aspects.

Let's think, we had a mansion, a village, another mansion/manor, a mansion plus hospital and the movie will be set in a school. Maybe all stuff from this Multimedia Extravaganza will be connected in some parts, so it may also be in the same school. Or how about the same city main location is a.... museum? Old and rotten of course. What I liked most about FF3 was that the creepyness slowly began to invade Rei's house, the spot where you first thought you were safe from all ghostly stuff, so I could imagine some safe spot in this game, too.

We had a cult around mirror seal, twins/butterflies, tattoos, lunar eclipse . And all connected to the gates of hell and how to seal them if I remember correctly. Well, there is much space to interprete new cults or sub religions here. Can't think of anything in particular. 

If the plot is around a school I could think of a young single mother as playable character who searches for her child, but that sounds too much like grade school. Nah, probably a teenage girl in japanese highschool and mysteries concerning a secret cult of her students, maybe she was part of that cult herself and tries to stop the gruesome rituals the students have started as one student lost his/her live which was the protagonists best friend.... so much space to think about plot and story!

Spoiler

Edited by Rheo, 18 July 2017 - 11:25 AM.

Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#15 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

I know it's been a while but i'm back to comment again lol. Like FiliusMartis states having a camera like a dslr would eliminate the need for film and we'd probably have batteries. That just sounds like every other survival horror out there right now (Outlast, Slenderman, etc).

Also I agree with Yashuu. It would probably look horrible compared to the beautiful bellows cameras of the series.

Lastly, like I stated before if it was more modern then Dr. Asou couldn't have created it. Since there are no cameras so far that were not created by him I don't see that happening. Having an old device like a bellows camera is really what makes the connection to the supernatural more believable. More modern equipment is most often portrayed as failing to function in supernatural cases. Even just a flashlight that uses batteries malfunctions in the 2nd game.
  • Rheo likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users