Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:05 AM) yeah, there are a couple of different versions, i think
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:06 AM) i tried removing the voiceover from the quiet version, and it's okayish, but it affects the music a bit too because the melody line is someone humming instead of an instrument
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:13 AM) anyway, it's here if you want it!
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) thanks a lot for everything mid :)
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!

Photo

Japanese movie topic

Zero Movie

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

Here's a dedicated topic to talk about the movie. I'll try and keep this post updated with the most recent info!

Zero_Movie_poster.jpg

Okay, so they're in the middle of filming now, and expecting a release in autumn 2014. "The story's setting has been moved from a Japanese house to an old school dormitory. In the story, Aya Tsukimori (Nakajō) becomes part of an ancient "cursed incantation" at a girls' high school dormitory. Michi Kazato (Morikawa) is a classmate who is pursuing the mysterious disappearances at the dormitory."

It sounds like the plot of the movie is going to be original, not based on any of the existing games in the series, and will be an adaptation of the novel which is going to be coming out in August 2014. I don't know about you guys, but I'm really excited to have character names already. :icon_tengai:

Update 13th June:

The official movie release date has been announced, so make sure to mark 26 September on your calendars! Some new promotional photos have also been released. In addition, when the tickets become available for pre-order on 28th June, anyone who books in advance will receive a clear image of the heroine of the next game for Wii U!

Update 27th June:

The first trailer for the movie has been released (text and voiceover translated here, and Famitsu posted another article with a new poster and information about the singer performing the themesong, JAMOSA.

Links

Official website

Cinema Today article (Japanese)

Anime News Network article (English)

4Gamer article with promotional photos

Trailer

Famitsu article about trailer and themesong

• Hex likes this

#2 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 273 posts
  • Location???

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

I am pretty excited for the movie but i am not sure if it will be as good as i want it to be,i don't like the poster though...looks like a cheap copy of FFIV cover to me.But its not the final post for sure so we will see in the near future.

I have a question,in the "News" Section on the right of the forums it says that 2 movies have been announced.One Japanese and one from Holywood,is the Holywood movie real?

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#3 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

The Hollywood movie is mentioned in the same Famitsu article where all the rest was announced, so it is real, but we know hardly anything about it. I think the article says they'll begin adapting the movie for Hollywood once the Japanese version is complete, but someone who can read Japanese will have to confirm. In any case, it's likely to be quite a way in the future, I'm guessing.

#4 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 273 posts
  • Location???

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

Great i am happy to hear that there will be 2 Fatal Frame movies,i hope that they will be good though.........

#5 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 500 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

hmm it does look interesting, for a school dorm as well... trying out a new place is nice~ OwO

okay, so there are still more questions as to how it will start, but let's save that for the future when we have plenty of news.

and.. if it's that completely original, then I hope that they won't make things so confusing... XD

30vipvk.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   米兰人

米兰人

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 105 posts
  • LocationMilano, 밀라노

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Mmmmmm...looks like the usual Asian ghost movie. One name above the others: Whispering corridors *say a number* (but the list could be endless).

tutto5600.png

#7 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

I'm catiously optimistic for these movies.  Still it's amazing this is happening.

#8 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

AsianWiki has a more detailed plot summary up (hat-tip to YoruZero). I'm not sure where they got it from, so take with a grain of salt until there's external confirmation, but here it is anyway:

At an all girls' high school located in a mountain village, Aya (Ayami Nakajo) lives in a dormitory at the school. One day, she sees a vision of herself dying and becomes shocked. From that moment, she is unable to leave her dorm room. Other students begin to see a female ghost within the dormitory. Girls begin to disappear one by one. The girls that went missing all saw a picture of a girl who looked like Aya before they disappeared.

Michi (Aoi Morikawa) lives in the same dormitory as Aya. Michi’s friend Kasumi disappears right in front of Michi. Michi thinks all the disappearances maybe caused by Aya. Michi tries to talk to Aya through her dorm room door. Soon, Kasumi's body is found.

So far, yeah, not much makes it stand out as specifically Fatal Frame as opposed to a typical Japanese horror, but I'll wait until we learn more. The mountain village and the ancient incantation mentioned in the other article both sound more like what we're used to!

I quite like the poster, anyway. The way they've superimposed a forest over the house is interesting. I wonder if it's foreshadowing anything...

#9 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

ooh i wonder if ittl be something like dusk maiden of amnesia with a hiddent shrine somwhere in the dorm, cant wait to watch it hope it will get subbed

photo flandrebanner.jpg

#10 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 273 posts
  • Location???

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

It is funny because i didn't notice that there is a forest on the poster. :P

Anyway after reading that you wonder if it is foreshadowing anything midwinter i was looking the poster with paying attention to all the small details and it looks like to me that the girl is entering or moving to a tomb or some kind of ancient ruins.If you check the light under the window that is inside of the house,on the left hand of the lady it looks like that to me.

#11 OFFLINE   LadyHepatica

LadyHepatica

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

Mmm I'm confused how this is tied to the Fatal Frame franchise. The key point has always been the camera obscura, so I would like to think the movie will play out like the game's plot >.> <.< That's how I see it anyways.

#12 OFFLINE   deer

deer

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

Those actresses are beautiful.

ABID1K8.jpg

#13 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

I read the news on a gaming site and it was misleading. It gave me the impression that it was gonna be based on the Zero Novel (the one Chelsea translated over a year ago). Thank God its an original story. I'm looking forward to this and wonder what they'll do for the camera like its design.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#14 OFFLINE   Chou no Miko

Chou no Miko

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationRichmond Canada

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:26 AM

I'm excited- and yet at the same time, I'm a little disapointed someone didn't try to take an honest stab at the already amazing stories from the games.

It is possible this movie will be like a 'test'- and if it does well, someone may feel more inclined to make a real adaptation of the games themselves.

At the very least, like how the games stay connected, I'd like to see some links and connections to the fatal frame lore in this movies' original plot- like- how does this protagonist get a camera by Doctor Asou.

#15 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 433 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

No mention of the camera obscura? I'd be a little disappointed if they left it out since it's such a staple for the series :(

#16 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

Possible new casting info. It's from AsianWiki and again, I'm not sure what the source is, but the plot summary they posted back in April has been borne out by the articles published yesterday, so they must be getting their info from somewhere. They've listed Minori Hagiwara as playing a character named "Waka Fujii".

#17 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:11 AM

Not sure if anyone posted this, but the official tumblr for the movie is here: http://zero-noroi.tumblr.com/

Official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/zero_movieJP/

#18 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

thought it would be better off to share this here. Its the interview that took place during the stream with the main actresses from the film.

• Emi likes this

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#19 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

Looks like they're doing limited early showings on 18th September in a few Japanese cities. Maybe some nice people will post reports online so we can get an idea what it's like!

• Emi likes this

#20 OFFLINE   Elyonum

Elyonum

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:28 AM

I'm catiously optimistic for these movies.  Still it's amazing this is happening.

I feel the same way.  
My cautiousness stems from my dislike of Fatal Frame incorporating more traditional western elements, like Fatal frame 4 or Spirit Camera... though this bias is because I did not like these games very much.  
But I'm going to support this movie and hope for the very best! -brings cheerleader outfir  

bff2gl.jpg

Sweetness~ 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zero Movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users