Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Favourite antagonist?

Fandom Poll

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Favourite antagonist? (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your favourite antagonist?

1. Kirie Himuro (7 votes [18.92%])

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

2. Voted Sae Kurosawa (10 votes [27.03%])

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

3. Reika Kuze (7 votes [18.92%])

4. Sakuya Haibara (7 votes [18.92%])

5. Woman in Black (2 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

6. Maiden of Black Water (4 votes [10.81%])

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

The last poll I'll be making for a while probably, who is everyone's favourite antagonist?  Was it because they scared you the most, took part in your favourite ritual or had an interesting back story?  Let us know.

#2 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Definitely Sakuya Haibara.

Something emerges from her, and I love it.

During a certain cutscene, we can see her face, and all I see in her look is peace, that's so beautiful ♥♥

• Blackout likes this

198003testsakuya.png

#3 OFFLINE   deer

deer

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

During a certain cutscene, we can see her face, and all I see in her look is peace, that's so beautiful ♥♥

Agreed, she's a peaceful person but her condition makes her aggressive. And her backstory with Misaki is just heartbreaking...

ABID1K8.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   FiliusMartis

FiliusMartis

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Administrators
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

I'm torn between Sakuya and Sae. I love both of their stories almost equally. What I'm particularly fond of is that they both lend themselves more to being victims of circumstance. There is a more poignant tragedy in the depths of their love. I think what can be said about Sae's love is that it was the love she was supposed to have. She was raised to cling to Yae as she did, and honestly, it's natural in its way. You could argue that she was selfish to fall on purpose to try to force Yae to do the ritual, but considering the ramifications of a failed ritual and Sae's own commentary on such, I think you could just as easily argue that she wanted the good of her people as well as her own desire to become one with Yae.

With Sakuya, her love is arguably unnatural-- most people are uncomfortable with incest and have potential moral opposition to it-- but it's also very powerful. The love she had for Ayako and Misaki were certainly more agreeable, and the tragedy of Sakuya's situation is that she had no control. I haven't played the game in a while, but I'm not recalling anything Sakuya did that caused her to develop her illness and lose herself. I think there is still debate on exactly why her ritual failed, but whether it was her fear or her status as a medium, neither of these things can really be blamed on her. There's something lovely and sad about Sakuya that I find really moving.

That being said, Sae is the more frightening of the two. Sakuya's blurred face is somewhat unsettling, but that maniacal laughter and creepy whispering that defines Sae sets you on edge more. Of course, there is an element to horror that relies on leaving more to the imagination, and I think when you reflect on this idea of losing yourself, it's very frightening, but I'm not sure how well it comes across unless you sit there and reflect.

#5 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

I'd have to vote Kirie.  She was forcibly taken from her family at a young age and never saw them again, had to live in complete isolation for 10 years and lose all attachments to her family, had to live in a CELL of all places, and then when by chance (aka the priests or at least one of them being stupid and thinking it would be alright for her to meet someone several times before her ritual and to allow them to spend quality time together and they thought this would have no ramifications whatsoever) she meets someone and they both find true love with each other (the Xbox version really does justice to her lover and his feelings for her) thus giving her happiness and a taste of life's joys, her love is murdered and she is tormented knowing that she both will die as an unsuitable sacrifice and that her relationship got the man she loved killed.

And unlike every other antognist in the series Kirie's suffering is never ending!  Sae becomes one with Yae and ascends to the afterlife, Reika and Kaname are pushed to the other side and rest in peace, Sakuya's blooming is cured and she regains herself and moves on to the afterlife and rests peacefully, and The Woman in Black is never alone again because she has Maya with her to keep her company for all time in their own little diary world, but Kirie is going to stay with the Gate underground keeping it sealed for all of eternity.  She'll never get to move on to the afterlife because she's keeping the Gate sealed forever.  Yes she has Mafuyu now (but maybe not as he's in 3 and if that's the case I hope it's because her lover came back for her like in the photograph ending even though that means that Mafuyu's sacrifice was in vein) but gosh dang did that really get to me.  Fatal Frame 1's normal ending I actually find happier overall than the "good" ending because of Kirie.

Edited by pkstarstorm1up, 24 April 2014 - 06:16 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

Reckon it's time for an update; added the new lot, so if you have a new favourite you can delete your past vote and show them some love.  

5's antagonists have really grown on me, but I think I'll vote for Woman in Black for almost enjoying what she does.  Her story with Maya is short, but definitely sweet in a "you'll never escape" sort of way.   :P

• Emi and Blackout like this

#7 OFFLINE   Utsuwa

Utsuwa

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

My favorite is also definitely Sakuya !

#8 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 508 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:31 PM

I'm going to vote Sakuya, the tragedy and that kimono!!! @_@ Plus she is very frightening!

Although it's a hard choice beacuase each scared in a different way.

Kirie - always my first terrifying experience.

Sae - and that hallway with no camera. NO NO NO (especially with the closet!)

Reika - Reika walking down the hallways mid game was pretty intense (at first) but it fizzled out once you got the hang of it. I loved her tattoo design, so she's up there with amazing design / story, but scare appeal not so much.

Sakuya - I like the mystery about her. Fighting her multiple times in the game was unnerving. Especially when her and all the other ghosts were blooming.

Woman in black - I need to finish spirit camera. ;_;

(And the last two games I am behind on - darn moving)

#9 Guest_Haise_*

Guest_Haise_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

Sae. She was selfish, insane, even more sis-addicted than Mayu and she's got the most off-putting laugh ever. + that hallway. never forget.

I also always thought she was such a backstabber, that as soon as she realized Yae does not want to do the ritual, she (Sae) instantly went to Ryokan's side. Also, Mayu's selfishness only caused harm to herself (legit physical pain) and to Mio (emotional blackmail, but it was not like she did something Mio never wanted/Mio was kinda "in the deal"), whereas Sae (even though I theorize she was on Ryokan's side even when they were escaping) fell on purpose to stop Yae, and if Yae went back it would have caused her to do the ritual and possibly be locked away forever afterwards. And Sae would have screwed over Itsuki, too. Next, she went ghost-bonkers and murdered everyone, then she trapped two girls, also possessing one of them, and eventually killed her, even if said girl also wanted to die. 

ALL this just to be with her sister. Yeaaah. This is what makes her the best antagonist. Kirie was a vengeful spirit, Reika was actually not that evil at all and Ouse was a vengeful spirit too/waiting for someone to lift her pain. Whereas Sae doesn't really want revenge, and she is acting like as if she was alive (I mean the personality), trying to be with her sister. It's like, even death cannot make her forget about Yae. 

And she was/is fifteen. 

tl;dr, while all the other "antagonists" were actually normal/good people, and then went ghost-bonkers/vengeful/evil afterwards, Sae was pretty crazy and kinda evil even when she was alive. 

I haven't met with Sakuya yet, so everything I said was without the knowledge about Sakuya. 

#10 OFFLINE   SeventhSin

SeventhSin

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:15 PM

Reika Kuze.

I have to say, out of all the antagonists in the series I find her both the most frightening and the most beautiful. She's got this allure to her that makes me want to look at her closer, but at the same time she's scary enough to make me fear dark hallways. I love her story, the tragedy of how much she lost leading up to her death just captivated me. She and Rei are the most powerful reasons why I love the third game the most out of the entire series. She's not an easily-forgotten character, for sure.

7JIfQui.gif

RIP Monty Oum - 02/01/15
Your inspirational influence won't soon be forgotten.

#11 OFFLINE   hikarunokirarin

hikarunokirarin

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 2 posts
  • LocationThe lost shrine, Kaze Manor

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

reika kuze is my favorite along with ouse kurosawa for several reasons. Its not that i hate kirie, sae, sakuya its just something  about reika  and ouse  an the way they were before the cause  and effect  happens to make them yurei.

~*~ H i k a r u No K i r a r i n~*~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fandom, Poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users