Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo
- - - - -

Favourite protagonist?

poll fandom

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Favourite protagonist? (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your favourite female protagonist?

1. Miku (9 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

2. Mio (9 votes [24.32%])

3. Rei (9 votes [24.32%])

4. Ruka (3 votes [8.11%])

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

5. Voted Yuuri (7 votes [18.92%])

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

Who is your favourite male protagonist?

1. Mafuyu (2 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

2. Kei (9 votes [24.32%])

3. Choushiro (16 votes [43.24%])

Percentage of vote: 43.24%

4. Voted Ren (10 votes [27.03%])

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

I can't remember the last time we stacked characters against each other, so tada.  Of the characters listed here, who is your favourite?  Do you enjoy their story, camera abilities or character design?  Have a good chinwag about them here.

#2 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

I voted Rei, because I prefer her story and look, more than the others. She doesn't look like a ''little girl'' like the others female protagonists. Also, it's because of her that I cried when I watched the end of Project Zero 3 ^^

I voted Choushiro, because I HATE Kei and I really love Choushiro's charism and face. The fact he's not as young as the others male characters explain because I like him, strangely. His design (face and clothes) is prettier and I love play as him when I play PZ4 because he's got the Spectral Lamp =)

Edited by Afterlife, 08 April 2014 - 05:01 PM.

198003testsakuya.png

#3 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

Has to be Choushiro in the male category. Those rolled-up sleeves, that non-regulation haircut... *swoon* He departs a bit from the "kind, gentle and scholarly" pattern of the other male characters, and variety is nice. The closing scene with Sayaka in his final chapter gets me every time. Ore wa... ;-;

I went for Miku in the female category, though Ruka's not far behind. I like the little glimpses we get of Miku's hobbies and interests outside ghost fighting, and I like her combination of reserve and strength.

#4 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

So I've been thinking about this since you posted it and I think I've finally decided. I'm going to pick Rei as my favorite female protagonist because she has the most backstory of the characters (I can't comment on Ruka because I haven't played the 4th game). She isn't just some schoolgirl who gets lost or follows someone into a haunted location and gets stuck. She's a person, with a job, with real life problems to worry about on top of the curse and hauntings. It also makes the most sense that she would do well with the camera since photography is her job. As for the male... Well I don't like Mafuyu and I don't know much about Choishiro so I'm going to pick Kei. He's your typical, stronger than a woman but weaker spiritual power bishonen. But I like that he's a folklorist who's interest in the manor and camera almost equal his want to save his niece. He wasn't asked to save her (4th game), and he isn't doing it because they're good friends (like Mafuyu and Takamine). He just wants to take care of his family.

#5 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

I voted for Miku in the female category because I think she has a lot of depth, works really hard and cares a lot about other people.  Her family history is interesting, too, and she's one of the few people that can say they used a complete Camera Obscura, which is cool.  

It was hard to decide between Kei and Choushiro for the male category, but I went with Kei for his search for knowledge at old villages and shrines, which I'll be forever sad we didn't get to see, and the company he kept.  I like that trading crackly tapes of lullabies and hospital patients with Yuu is just something they did, and he's Misao's brother-in-law!  The stories he could tell.  

#6 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:07 AM

I really wish you could put two at once for Miku's sake because I love her but..I think I have to go with Mio  here.  Her story is the most depressing and her devotion to her sister makes for a very engaging relationship and story.  You just want to see her succeed in regaining Mayu's trust and be able to live in happiness and she is such a good person and it's just heartbreaking what ends up happening.

If it counts I also would put Miku as tied with Mio because of her caring, hardworking, and optimistic personality.  On top of that she has a really sad story as well and it just tears you up when you see her giving up on life in 3 because of all she's been through and how much she's tried to remain cheerful.  Again I think they are both equal for different reasons but I can only pick one so yeah.

Favorite male protagonist is definitely Choushiro.  He's such a good man with a loving personality, he's constantly trying to help other people, and is suffering from unrequited love.  Also the plot twist with him near the end of the game is really sad and well done.  Plus he shows up to help Ruka save the souls of the islanders on Rougetsu Island.  Even after realizing he's dead he still is helping her.

Edited by pkstarstorm1up, 23 April 2014 - 02:13 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 429 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

I have to go with miku just like Mio I think she is very devoted to her brother and will do anything to keep him safe, as for male I only played as kei so....

Edited by Lunar Dani, 24 April 2014 - 12:34 PM.

photo flandrebanner.jpg

#8 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

Reckon it's time for an update; added the new lot, so if you have a new favourite you can delete your past vote and show them some love.

As I haven't gushed nearly enough, I'll delve into my new picks:

Spoiler

#9 OFFLINE   Elyonum

Elyonum

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:00 PM

I think MacabrelleEnvy said it for me, that's the exact reason I picked Rei <3

bff2gl.jpg

Sweetness~ 

#10 OFFLINE   NiksKozukata

NiksKozukata

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

Thats a hard REALLY HARD poll XD

#11 Guest_Haise_*

Guest_Haise_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

My favorite protagonist is Yuuri only because Mio is only my fav with Mayu (they are two sides of the same coin).

Yuuri is brave, the only female protag who actually knew she has to deal with angry ghosts. She is willing to risk her life for 1. a friend (Hisoka), 2. people she doesn't actually know at all (Fuyuhi, Haruka...). She is the only female protag with long and untied hair! Her design looks really pretty. Ironically, even though she is very introverted, she is the one heroine whose feelings and opinions on life I know the most about and can relate to the most. 

My fav male, though... Mafuyu is meh, Kei is good but..., Choushiro I don't know and Ren is not easy to relate to. But if I had to decide it would be Ren I guess? He has a cool look, his relationship with Rui is adorable, but his interactions with others (other than Rui) is seriously lacking. When I played the game and saw the interactions between him and Yuuri, I thought they barely knew each other at all. Though such a handsome and masculine guy being afraid of women is funny xd. Even his whole storyline is about his fu*k-ups with two ladies  (even though it was Asou, technically) and trying to save his current "victim"(Rui). And he is also a loser apparently. But to me, he seemed more closed and poker-faced than scared with women.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poll, fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users