Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo
- - - - -

Inside the manor/diary

Spirit Camera Gameplay Locations Opinion

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

Who else wanted to see more of the manor in this game? I feel that if there were chapters devoted to exploring the manor in between being "outside" of the diary it would've been a much better game. They still could've used the gyroscope (or had an option to turn it on for playing in a room or off if playing in a stationary spot) but just allowed us to move through a virtual world instead of being stuck in our own. I liked the idea of bringing the fatal frame world to us, but I love the fatal frame world for what it is and I still want to see more of it. Just think how scary it would've been if we actually had to run and hide from the angry villagers in the house instead of just seeing a cutscene?

What else do you guys think would've improved this game?

Edited by midwinter, 23 June 2014 - 04:08 PM.
Adding tags

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

I love the manor a lot, and I've played Spirit House mode more than is probably healthy, just to get to see more of the inside of it. I may have attempted to draw a map. And while such attempts would be confidential, I can say that if they were made, they were unsuccessful. :ph34r:

I think I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I think the ghosts would have looked much better in a like environment. Compared with my real-life surroundings, it's glaringly obvious they're just animated, and you get things like Maya floating two inches above the coffee table, and the rest hovering somewhere in the distance when the wall is a foot away. It's meant to feel real, but it only draws attention to how not real it is.

Getting to explore at leisure was one of the things I really missed in Spirit Camera, to be honest. Even when you're in the manor you're either stuck in place or moving along steadily, with no chance to look around. I don't enjoy games where I feel like it's just a movie where my main job is pressing 'A' and beating a few battles and puzzles, and in Spirit Camera it's worse because there's literally no way to go off-track or make anything play out differently. Any sense of immersion or interactivity is completely superficial, because you can't even get lost, or miss a note, or ask Maya the wrong questions.

And just as a personal thing, I think being able to poke around someone's living space provides a context for an emotional attachment. Otherwise they're just cute scared girls being cute and scared, or cute stoical boys being... well, you get it. I loved getting to see Rei and Miku's house in FF3, and I like looking around the ghosts' houses in the rest, but in Spirit Camera you barely get that for any characters. You didn't get any of the cool little character details you could get by looking at things in the other games, and it made the plot feel even flimsier than it already was.

So uh, I think it's pretty obvious I have Feelings about this. I don't ask for stunningly well-developed characters or coherent plots or stellar gameplay, but let me look around the damn house. :icon_tengai:

• MacabrelleEnvy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spirit Camera, Gameplay, Locations, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users