Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C

Photo
- - - - -

Who's to blame for the Repentance?

Fatal Frame II Ryokan Kurosawa Yae Kurosawa Sae Kurosawa Itsuki Tachibana Ryozo Munakata Poll Opinion

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Who's to blame for the Repentance? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's to blame for the Repentance?

1. Ryokan Kurosawa (8 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. Sae Kurosawa (2 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. Voted Yae Kurosawa (10 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

4. Itsuki Tachibana (13 votes [38.24%])

Percentage of vote: 38.24%

5. Ryozo Munakata (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThrough the Looking Glass

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:51 PM

Honestly, I just figured it was going to fail at some point regardless of what everyone did. Given that they had back-up rituals in case the Crimson Sacrifice did not appease the Hellish Abyss it just seemed like a matter of time before Hell literally broke loose. 

Such order in the midst of chaos makes me woozy and disoriented.

#22 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

For me it's a tight tie between Yae and Itsuki. Itsuki is the one who made the entire escape possible, without him Yae wouldn't have probably had as good chances alone with Sae especially how uncooperative Sae was in spirit. He was adamant to not let the ritual happen again and in his depression and PTDS didn't think rationaly anymore, also encouraging Yae more to escape. The Tachibana twins agreed to the ritual only to save Yae and Sae from the fate, so of course Itsuki would want to continue on that path to protect no matter what.

Yae, according to my memory, was always against the ritual ever since she learnt what it was about. From Ryokan's words you can tell, as far as I remember, Yae had been resisting the tradition for longer time and made him worried about not accepting her fate. She would have probably tried to escape with Sae anyway, or refuse to commit the sacrifice. Itsuki might have encouraged more, but Yae definitely wasn't in on the plan just for his sake, but instead had been part of this anti-ritual trio with Tachibana twins for longer time. She was determined not to go through the sacrifice. If people blame Itsuki for not caring about what happened to the village, Yae was no different. She didn't seem to have second thoughts abandoning the people, even if she did feel regret later. So she and Itsuki really do appear more of partners in crime together for what happened instead of sole person to blame.

But for the poll, and my final answer, I chose Yae. Because hadn't she wanted to escape in the first place, the ritual would have taken place and Itsuki would not have been able to do anything.

#23 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:22 AM

I'd go with..Ryokan. They were close to the repentence, but the texts make it seem like they have a couple sets of twins at any one time. Forcing it on one twin failed horribly and since Yae did come back for Sae (though not sure how long that took exactly), they would of recaptured her if they had waited, like, a day. Yae was against it from the get go, so, if I was him, I would of started clensing back up twins as soon as possible. Yae was going to run with Sae, as their one living parent, he should of been well aware of how his daughter was acting, and he should of known that either one or both of the girls wouldn't of been there when they were needed. Poor planning on Ryokan's part as a parent and village leader.

#24 OFFLINE   Eiko82

Eiko82

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:57 AM

I'd go with..Ryokan. They were close to the repentence, but the texts make it seem like they have a couple sets of twins at any one time. Forcing it on one twin failed horribly and since Yae did come back for Sae (though not sure how long that took exactly), they would of recaptured her if they had waited, like, a day. Yae was against it from the get go, so, if I was him, I would of started clensing back up twins as soon as possible. Yae was going to run with Sae, as their one living parent, he should of been well aware of how his daughter was acting, and he should of known that either one or both of the girls wouldn't of been there when they were needed. Poor planning on Ryokan's part as a parent and village leader.

I think it's actually even worse planning on his part as village leader that he didn't evacuate the village when it was obvious all was lost. After recapturing Sae, he should've known sacrificing one twin wasn't gonna be enough. I don't blame him for trying per se but he could've still evacuate the village to prevent dooming/killing everyone.

kuontag.png

#25 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:45 AM

I think it's actually even worse planning on his part as village leader that he didn't evacuate the village when it was obvious all was lost. After recapturing Sae, he should've known sacrificing one twin wasn't gonna be enough. I don't blame him for trying per se but he could've still evacuate the village to prevent dooming/killing everyone.

You're nicer than I am. :P

I totally blame him. Maybe he knew something we didn't, but all I can think of is the other things he could of done to not ruin everything ever. But he tried, so there's that. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame II, Ryokan Kurosawa, Yae Kurosawa, Sae Kurosawa, Itsuki Tachibana, Ryozo Munakata, Poll, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users