Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:25 PM) And... i went on that diatribe because I was reading earlier posts... oops. :> Going to stop spamming chat up now.
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:32 PM) I heard the rumour about Suda51 too
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:33 PM) I have my doubts that he'd work on another Fatal Frame game, it sounds like FF4 was chaos and he doesn't really do horror anyway
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:47 PM) *nods* Yeah
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:55 PM) ugh... Okay. Well, I got the keycaptcha in, but it isn't working.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:57 PM) AND... I broke it. *headdesk*
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) and I fixed it.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) yay
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) he had that interview too where he said he didnt like how shibata tries to recreate real ghost experiences, so i doubt he'd return  :icon_fallenwoman:
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) i'd like him to though, ff4 was >>>
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 08:24 PM) a mess but still >>>>
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 09:29 PM) True. There were parts of 4 that I thought were really cool.
Cursed Lemon : (08 October 2018 - 01:29 AM) FF4 was awesome in terms of lore and atmosphere.
ItsukiFace : (08 October 2018 - 07:50 PM) Something ultra wicked, this way comes.
ナガクラ : (09 October 2018 - 06:08 AM) I like the atmosphere of 4
Butterflychaser : (09 October 2018 - 02:16 PM) 4 really was the bees knees. Managed to stray from several elements of the original series whilst retaining the overall feel
Emi : (09 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) agreed. I really loved the playable character twist too.
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:13 PM) 4 has honestly taken the top spot from 2 for me, as my #1 fave
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:14 PM) Also i like that the bot account is Baymax hahaha
ItsukiFace : (11 October 2018 - 02:53 AM) Hi, Chou. It's nice to see you here. ☺️

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Do you consider the Comic Anthology canon?

Fatal Frame III Project Zero III Zero 3 Comic Anthology Opinion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

Now that everyone's had time to read the scanlations, what are your opinions on the status of the comic anthology? Should the extra details and characters be considered canon or not, or somewhere in between?

If there were ever a remake of FF3, would you want material from the anthology to be included or mentioned - for example, would you want the unnamed twin shrine maidens to be identified as Tsuzuri and Musubi Osaka?

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#2 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

Once again I can't read these because I have a mac computer.  Therefore I can't really say much except what I know about it and honestly...no I don't think they are canon or at least not canon to the games.  They might be a continuity of their own as they were official material but characters like Haruka Kuze don't appear in the game at all and her involvement in the story directly contradicts what happens in the game.  As for Muzubi and Tsuruzi they are a nice touch and all but it is the same situation as the twins in 2 other than the fact that one of the twins wants to do it despite not knowing about it before right when it was going to happen.  I like the idea of the two twins in 3 to have names and a story of their own but I'd like a little bit of a twist to it to make it unique from the twins in 2.

#3 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,137 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

No, I think of it as a anime OVA minus the fan-service at the beach themed episode(s) or something worse *cough* Higurashi Kira *cough*. It has nothing to do with the main plot but parodies the story. I did like it though, it was fun to read a while back. I dont remember which chapter I liked but it had to do with Rei snapping anything resembling a ghost screaming "Yuu! YUUUUUUU!!!!! YUUUUU----!!!" Lol. 

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#4 OFFLINE   Adventurer

Adventurer

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

Most of the comics in the anthology are obviously not canon, they are parody for the most party. What I believe is canon is the short story of the four Handmaidens back when Amane was first chosen to become one. It doesn't contradict anything we know, and it makes sense that they would be chosen to do... cruel acts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame III, Project Zero III, Zero 3 Comic Anthology, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users