Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Which game did you find the scariest?

Fatal Frame Series Poll Fandom

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game did you find the scariest? (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game did you find the scariest?

1. Voted Fatal Frame (12 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly (3 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented (23 votes [54.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.76%

4. Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (3 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

5. Fatal Frame: Deep Crimson Butterfly (1 votes [2.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

6. Spirit Camera (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

Just had a quick browse and can't believe this hasn't been made yet.  Without further ado!

Which game stood out to you as the scariest?  Was it the general atmosphere, story or jump scares that got you most?  Write about it, and the scariest moments, here.

#2 OFFLINE   Kouta Koikawa

Kouta Koikawa

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 231 posts
  • LocationTampere, Finland

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

FF3. Best areas and best soundtrack. Very good ambient sounds. Therefore best atmosphere. The scares are very effective in many places.

• ItsukiFace likes this

#3 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

FF3, for the atmosphere and setting. It made good use of camera angles and changing environments, and I thought the sense of mystery and disorientation were more effectively creepy than outright scream-scares. I like the calamity that spreads slowly, rather than everything ending in one night; the idea of having to wait to die, knowing exactly what's happening and knowing you can't stop it, scares me much more than the one-off disaster. Also, with FF1 and FF2, the curse is limited in location - you feel like if you can just get out, you'll be safe: the rest of the world might be in danger, but it's relatively untouched. In FF3 you can actually see the changes as the curse begins to creep into the safe places, too, and instead of witnessing the tragedy destroying the ghosts' lives and homes, you're seeing the same thing happen in what you think of as yours.

And basically everything Yashuu said here.

FF2 scared me in places and FF1 had me dreading fights, but FF3 remains the only one that managed to legitimately creep me out, and sometimes still does.

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#4 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

Fatal Frame 3 definitely for its difficulty, atmosphere, chilling aesthetics, and is just downright the most brutal game in the franchise.  Fatal Frame 1 scares me the second most because of how straightfoward the Horror is and the ghosts are just so gruesome there.  I would really like for the next game to be a combination of Fatal Frame 1 and Fatal Frame 3's style to make something that is both gruesome and disturbing and dank and dim, but also chilling, beautiful, and touching as well.  Deep Crimson Butterfly scares me more than Fatal Frame 4 and the original 2 and both have at least made me jump a few times.  Spirit Camera is of course at the bottom.

• ItsukiFace likes this

#5 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 274 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

I voted for Fatal Frame 3 also. The reason why I think its scary is pretty much what Mid talked about plus the candles later on make it were your scared about it running out and I've had so many ghosts pop up on me randomly,mostly its stroller grandma. She still scares me when she shows up.

a80Suw0.png

#6 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

I voted FF4.

It's difficult for me to judge FF3 because that's the only game in the series I don't have, so I voted FF4.

I had a heart-attack soooo many times playing it, especially when you see that doctor saying 'did u see it lol' DDD:

198003testsakuya.png

#7 OFFLINE   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

I unfortunately ended up watching FF4 as a playthrough instead of playing it myself, but hell if it didn't seem scary as heck! I was actually pleasantly surprised at what a good game it was, I thought it was going to be a somewhat cheap incarnation of Fatal Frame. 

I will say that I find FF2 to be the least scary (still scary though). I can't decide between FF1 and FF3. I mean, Koji behind that door, man. But then Crawling Woman... 

#8 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:57 AM

Putting in my vote for 1.  The small touches like knocking, crying and whispers constantly catch me off-guard.

#9 OFFLINE   Lafaera

Lafaera

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

For me, the third game was the scariest just because it also took place in Rei's home. It just felt a little more personal that way, and more like it could really happen.

#10 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 267 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

I, also, voted for the third game for it's difficulty, atmosphere, blue theme and for me it's so brutal.

Like Lafaera said, it also took place in the real life, not just the dream world. And it really did feel like it would actually happen to anyone.

I wish I could say something about 1, but I haven't played it even though it's in my shelf ('cause it won't work on my x360).

#11 OFFLINE   Sparrow

Sparrow

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

I voted for FF3 as well. Blue is my favorite color, but unfortunately my love for the color couldn't save me from the scares. At first, waking up was like a blessing, a "Thank God it's over," kind've thing... Then that relief turned to dread, because I kept wondering what would happen next. Just something about the ghosts invading your 'safe zone' gave me chills like nothing else.

The general ambiance, mood, and characters as a whole made it super scary in my opinion.

#12 OFFLINE   Zerg

Zerg

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 61 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:18 AM

three is scariet for me, surely it is  :)

Edited by Zerg, 09 January 2014 - 05:18 AM.

#13 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

This was a hard one to decide, but I ended up picking the second game because it scared me the most the first time I played it (and because it was the first one I played).
I find that while the third game is extremely horrifying, that tension just doesn't carry when you are given that safety in the Kurosawa house.
As for the first game, since I had played the second beforehand it wasn't as scary (except for long arms f him lololol).
I was hoping that Spirit Camera would be the scariest since it's supposed to bring Fatal Frame and the curse into your own home and life.. But we all know how that turned out xD
I think the reason I find the second game the scariest is because it's not just a random haunted house which we're all accustomed to but a whole village. You always seem to be "safe" once you leave the grounds of the house in movies but when even the outside is forced into eternal darkness what are you supposed to do?! Also, Fallen woman is probably the ghost that terrifies me the most and the music and atmosphere is so hauntingly beautiful in this one.

#14 OFFLINE   Allura

Allura

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationRougetsu Island, Hospital Lobby

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:33 PM

Fatal Frame II is very scary, when Sae is first found killing everyone in the village along with the Kusabi. Scary cutscene.

Also Fatal Frame is quite scary, when Blinded chases you and the cutscene using the Blinding Mask.

Fatal Frame III i9s scary but yes, the difficulty is something to deal with, too bad I've never experienced the FATAL mode.

(n__n")

sakuyasignaturev2.gif

#15 Guest_Haise_*

Guest_Haise_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

I haven't played 4 yet, but I don't think my opinion would change after completing it. 

So, I think the scariest is the 1st one. The atmosphere was the best this game, some ghosts legit scared me [like Broken Neck, Blinded (she stopped being scary after my 10000... attempt with her, though), Crawling Girl and Three People Killed], the really gray graphics gave the game a "hopeless/forever isolated" aura and the ghosts looked more "gory/brutal" than the other games' (long arms, crooked/broken neck, empty eye sockets, severed heads...). Oh, and you had to go back and forth to solve something many times, knowing that the ghosts can attack you at any moment.

The absolutely flawless english voice acting was also pretty scary, too. Kappa

Spoiler

#16 OFFLINE   SeventhSin

SeventhSin

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:34 AM

The Tormented, for no other game gave me nightmares like this one did.

ALL ABOARD! NEXT STOP: NOPEVILLE

I mean, I dropped the controller and covered my ears in a frenzied panic. None of the other games made me lose my mind so quickly that I flew across the floor to shut the TV off. Ugh.

7JIfQui.gif

RIP Monty Oum - 02/01/15
Your inspirational influence won't soon be forgotten.

#17 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 429 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:49 PM

The original is the scariest imo due to the frequency of the ghosts and clunkiness of the camera
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

#18 OFFLINE   NiksKozukata

NiksKozukata

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

Why Fatal Frame V OotSR is not in the choices i find it the scariest. Trust me those fast running ghosts Ouse Kurosawa(said enough) THE jumpscares right me in da face the moment you activate the camera!! 

next DCB the first Fatal Frame that allowed gores (SAE KUROSAWA LAUGHS)

then Fatal Frame IV MotLE that tsubaki, watashi and her sister(forgot the name XD) AND Ayako(SRSLY)

next Fatal Frame, the blinded, the long arms that crawling little girl that gave me a heart attack!! 

Last Fatal Frame III The Tormented CRAWLING WOMAN and those friggin handmaidens!! 

I played all the Games EXCEPT SC:TCM

#19 OFFLINE   yuki

yuki

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:06 PM

for me fatal frame 1 remains the most dark, ghosts are very hard to fight and very scary to see :) and final boss fight is the most hard fight of serie

#20 OFFLINE   Sir Laguna

Sir Laguna

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:15 PM

Fatal Frame III for me because, as somebody said above, taking the curse to a normal house makes it more personal. The ghosts that appears under the desk in the room is the biggest scare I had playing a videogame (I even wrote an article about it, in spanish http://sientounkimal...e-da-tanto.html ).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame Series, Poll, Fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users