Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:29 PM) Ok, playing with headphones is definitely superior
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:31 PM) I knew the music in Rei's house changed after Miku's chapters start but I never noticed it has these little bumps and rustles that make it sound like something's moving in the house
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) also there is more ghost talk during Kei's phone call!
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) i couldn't hear most of it, though, I need to listen again
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese

Photo
- - - - -

Guys... I have an idea! (FF2 fan-game)

Fatal Frame II Project Zero II Fanworks Opinion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NightmarePictures001

NightmarePictures001

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

for a Zero fan game! A few years back I did a roleplay with some members of bcl and it was really exciting! The basic premise is that an evil archaeologist hears about "All God's Village". He hears about the spirited away victims, and about Mio Amakura as well, but most importantly he knows the legends about Dr. Kunihiko Aso and his cameras. The Archaeologist captures Mio, and takes her with him in a sub to try to locate the submurged village, since she is the only living person who knows the location. Ofcourse things go horribly wrong, and Mio and the scientist are sucked into All God's village.

This is where the game play begins. The game play will revolve around trying to outwitt the doctor, and battling spirits.

This is a side scroller that will be made with Flash CS5.5 so I'm not sure if the first person mode will be able to go in there. But I was thinking of using an aim button to command Mio to bring the camera up, and then fire button to fire flash at ghosts.

Evading - Mio will be able to hide from enemies at certain spots.

I am going to really have a good look at tutorials for flash and see if I can get a first person mode for the camera, and actually do more damage if the spirits are closer etc.

Mayu will make an appearance as well, as a hostile ghost.

I'm thinking of calling the game:  : 帰国罪悪感, Zero: Returning Guilt.

This is a what if scenario based off the "run away, broken promise" ending.

Cutscenes will be told through a story board type setting. With pictures and voice over.

What do you guys think?? If you guys have any ideas please share! I won't be starting on this  until after I come home for Christmas. Lots of time to think up more stuff and ideas. ^^

photo 4Minute-Crazy-siggie_zps3stelepe.png

#2 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 689 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

Ehhh.  I won't knock you for being creative and I'm glad to see the community being active but honestly I don't like this idea myself.  For one thing there wouldn't be any spirits to haunt All God's village because they've all moved on to the afterlife so unless people made it a habit to scuba diving in a huge dam and then got sucked into All God's Village (which if we go by the notion that it does eventually open up again it wouldn't be able to do that until 10 years after Mio's ritual) there wouldn't be any spirits haunting the village when Mio and the researcher got trapped there.  They'd just be trapped there together with nothing to do.

Secondly (and this has nothing to do with your idea it is just a personal peeve of mine) but I'm kind of tired the continuations to 2.  It is always 2 that people want to make AMV's of, write fanfiction of, and create fangames of.  I honestly think 2's story is perfect as it is and anything more after the remake would be flat out shoehorning it in.  I'm already kind of off putted with how Fatal Frame 4 directly makes a huge reference to 2 in the form of Kageri and Karou/Watashi.  It is very sad to me that the most interesting of the side characters ghosts are copy pasted from 2.)  In regards to your idea itself there is nothing wrong with it as long as it takes place 10 years after Mio's ritual but I'd suggest not bringing back the ghosts from 2 with it.  They have moved on and aren't coming back so the only way I could see this working in a Horror setting way is if the doctor was stalking Mio or something.)

Scratch all that.  Sorry.  This is what you get for not fully reading the post before commenting.  I didn't notice you said it was based on the run away ending.  That would work out just well and as such this is a great idea.  I will fully support this and will be looking forward to the game. :)

#3 OFFLINE   NightmarePictures001

NightmarePictures001

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

Thank you Pkstarstorm1up :). I do hope This game does do the Zero series Justice. Also, a note on your last scratched out sentence Pkstarstorm1up, I was thinking of something similar too :P.

Imported from second topic:
Hey! so as you guys are aware, I am thinking of doing a flash game seqqual to Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly, based off the "Run away" ending.
I want to get this right, or atleas as right as a flash game could be to pulling off Fatal Frame. I would really like a list of things you would expect in a Fatal Frame game. I think that will help me figure out a story, and even the character design, and characters.

photo 4Minute-Crazy-siggie_zps3stelepe.png

#4 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

Merged the two topics, since I don't think we need more than one for a project that hasn't started yet. ^_^ Good luck finding ideas!

#5 OFFLINE   Kouta Koikawa

Kouta Koikawa

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 236 posts
  • LocationTampere, Finland

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

The game should obviously be as scary as you can make a flash side-scroller. It's certainly challenging to do. How are Mio and the archaeologist fighting the ghosts since it all happens under water? Are you going to make a 1st person view for the camera? That would be better and more immersive but also more difficult.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame II, Project Zero II, Fanworks, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users