Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:25 PM) And... i went on that diatribe because I was reading earlier posts... oops. :> Going to stop spamming chat up now.
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:32 PM) I heard the rumour about Suda51 too
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:33 PM) I have my doubts that he'd work on another Fatal Frame game, it sounds like FF4 was chaos and he doesn't really do horror anyway
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:47 PM) *nods* Yeah
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:55 PM) ugh... Okay. Well, I got the keycaptcha in, but it isn't working.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:57 PM) AND... I broke it. *headdesk*
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) and I fixed it.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) yay
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) he had that interview too where he said he didnt like how shibata tries to recreate real ghost experiences, so i doubt he'd return  :icon_fallenwoman:
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) i'd like him to though, ff4 was >>>
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 08:24 PM) a mess but still >>>>
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 09:29 PM) True. There were parts of 4 that I thought were really cool.
Cursed Lemon : (08 October 2018 - 01:29 AM) FF4 was awesome in terms of lore and atmosphere.
ItsukiFace : (08 October 2018 - 07:50 PM) Something ultra wicked, this way comes.
ナガクラ : (09 October 2018 - 06:08 AM) I like the atmosphere of 4
Butterflychaser : (09 October 2018 - 02:16 PM) 4 really was the bees knees. Managed to stray from several elements of the original series whilst retaining the overall feel
Emi : (09 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) agreed. I really loved the playable character twist too.
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:13 PM) 4 has honestly taken the top spot from 2 for me, as my #1 fave
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:14 PM) Also i like that the bot account is Baymax hahaha
ItsukiFace : (11 October 2018 - 02:53 AM) Hi, Chou. It's nice to see you here. ☺️

Photo
- - - - -

Miku's Doll

Fatal Frame III Project Zero III Easter Egg Items Theory

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 286 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

I don't know if this is a nod to a doll in Japan or not,

this is just my theory,but I was looking up supposedly haunted dolls one night and one caught my attention the most.

Okiku doll its a famous legend across Japan that is supposed to be haunted by a spirit of a little girl who played with it.

According to the temple where the doll now resides in since 1938,Mannenji temple in the town of Iwamizawa,

it used to have short cropped hair,but over time it has grown to about 25 centimeters (10 in) long, down to the doll’s knees.

Although the hair is periodically trimmed, it reportedly keeps growing back.

Do you think that maybe they put in Okiku in Fatal Frame III?

I thought that I would share this with you guys,I thought it was actually kind of neat.

here's the link of a video explaining the story about the doll and where it came from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEYqQ1b8flI

• midwinter and ItsukiFace like this

a80Suw0.png

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

Wow, that's a really cool find! It seems like it's pretty well-known (coincidentally, I just read about it yesterday in a book about well-known yuurei), so yeah, I'd say Miku's doll is most likely a reference to that.

#3 OFFLINE   ItsukiFace

ItsukiFace

He of Many Faces

• Spirited Aways
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

I think it's brilliant how they managed to keep the boorish and somewhat monotonous parts of the playthrough seem fairly interesting by throwing in these little random quirks. I constantly found myself entering Miku's room for no good reason at all, if only for glance of how long the hair on the doll's grown since I last saw it!

daj6G8B.png

"Then show me the darkness within your heart, by sacrificing your soul to me. Let's

indulge ourselves in the ecstasy of death, shall we?"

ꜟGAMES// GRAPHICS// ART// TAROT// LANGUAGE//

I claim no rights to the image, you can find it here.

♦♦Sig requests are closed for the time being. Been very busy these past few months.♦♦

#4 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

OMG this doll is super scary >.>

My heart was beating fast during the whole video :D

Great find, thank you very much!

198003testsakuya.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame III, Project Zero III, Easter Egg, Items, Theory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users